Snooker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snooker

Any fans out there ? I accidentally saw some of the Seniors tournament a few weeks back, and it's rekindled my interest. I used to love the game back in the glory days of the 1980s, but never played enough to get any good. So I've joined a local social club that has a couple of tables, and just bought a pool table so I can get a little practice in at home. Being Irish, of course I have to mention the great Alex Higgins as one of my inspirations, but it's really the old Welsh guys who are my heroes - Doug Mountjoy and Ray Riordan being at the top of the list.

Steve Howe is a huge fan as he mentioned in his autobiography. As a kid used to enjoy Pot Black. Yeah, Hurricane Higgins was pretty cool. I only ever played 8ball. A pleb, I know.

Comment

Originally posted by T.R. Brockbanks View Post
      Ray Riordan
      That's me using the Irish spelling, should be Reardon
      Pool is great too, if you just need a quick fix ! It's all about the physics, really.

Comment

Forgot the German Masters is on, Cliff Robertson out already - excellent play by Ricky Walden.

Comment

Haha. This brought about a fond memory. Thank you. Played once, well one looonnnggg nite anyway, at a pub in Iowa of all places. That had a snooker table of all things. I had never even seen one before. Damn huge thing with long cues? Is that right am I remembering correctly? Was 30 yrs ago. Lol.

Business trip, with a buddy/colleague, and met up with some folks who knew the rules and the game. I didn’t. So I paid for a lot of beer that evening!

Comment

Judd Trump is under pressure in the Welsh Open !

Comment

^ Never mind, he found his form. Great match.

Comment

Never thought I'd have much to contribute in this thread goin' forward but in BREAKIN'NEWS

A pidgeon has flown down and walked on the sacred felt in a world championship match. Do they play outdoors now?

Anyway this dude was surprised but went on to win.

Click image for larger version

Name:	4ee3cd3d02d92ab90c96f51f895f2da9.jpeg.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	13895

Comment

Someone should write a song about it. Oh, wait . . .

Snookeroo (Elton John, Bernie Taupin)
                  Ringo Star
                  Goodnight Vienna
                  Last edited by pianozach; 04-24-2022, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X