T20 Cricket World Champs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T20 Cricket World Champs

In Dubai. Against the odds. The Men in Gold triumph.
    Against the kiwis. T20 cricket World Champs!
    The Bison. Maxy. Smudge. Starcy. The Bull. Hulk.

Well done lads. Who needs the Bledisloe?

ELECTIFY.EVERYTHING.

Originally posted by Gilly Goodness View Post
    In Dubai. Against the odds. The Men in Gold triumph.
    Against the kiwis. T20 cricket World Champs!
    The Bison. Maxy. Smudge. Starcy. The Bull. Hulk.

Well done lads. Who needs the Bledisloe?

ELECTIFY.EVERYTHING.
    Congratulations to your team GG! I find cricket to be relatively fun to watch. There was a bunch who used to play regularly on Sundays near where I grew up and we would sit and watch trying to figure out what was going on. Of course I understand the game much better now and all I can say is it is generally much better to watch than our stupid old baseball games (which have become overly long and frankly boring). The Indian restaurants sometimes show cricket matches here and when they do it's always fun listening to the crowd react.

Comment

T20 is the palatable shortened version of the game. Test cricket can go for 5 days without a result.

My brother was once in India in a supermarket that was broadcasting an Australian domestic T20 game via satellite. In English. They are mad for T20 and cricket in general. My wife happens to be Indian from Fiji, she loves cricket on telly so am lucky about that. Love to ask her if so and so's name was one she is familiar with. From school or whatever.

Face the ol'enemy soon. England for 5 test matches. Border openings willing. 100,000 fans watch the opening day Boxing Day test in Melbourne. I'll be visiting my sisters who are also tragics. It'll be the main topic of conversation around the pool. Have already had long phone calls with them about the new captain and the new wicketkeeper. Have started a thread about the Ashes already. Do you know why they are called that? Neat story. Well done if you don't have to Google it.

ELECTRIFY EVERYTHING

Comment

Working...
      X