Wimbledon 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wimbledon 2022

Click image for larger version  Name:	5356.jpg Views:	0 Size:	36.1 KB ID:	20420

Thank god she won!

The Great British public have suffered so much recently. Rail strikes. Royal scandals. You can't even get a sausage in Northern Ireland. ☹
    Anyhoo only in England could the Guardian writer describe the weather as watery sunlight. But it's good to be back with full crowds ( thanks to Holly Willoughby and Philip Schofield and his still wife even though he's finally come out gay. It's a long story. And a lot of other Z grade celebrities. Apart from Sir Cliff Richard. Hello boys!!!! )

So me and her indoors are "rootin'" for our little Coco and hopin' Nick Kyrgios doesn't self immolate. Novaxx will need all his SS Captain- energy to overcome a resurgent Nadal.

Andy Murray and his metal hip just has to hold it together. For the Queen. For Country.

Oh. And will McEnroe visit his old mate Boom Boom a mile or so away servin' time in Her Majesty's Prison????
    Last edited by Gilly Goodness; 06-27-2022, 08:41 PM.

Originally posted by Gilly Goodness View Post
    Click image for larger version Name:	5356.jpg Views:	0 Size:	36.1 KB ID:	20420

Thank god she won!

The Great British public have suffered so much recently. You can't even get a sausage in Northern Ireland.
    Anyhoo only in England could the Guardian writer describe the weather as watery sunlight. But it's good to be back with full crowds ( thanks to Holly Willoughby and Philip Schofield and his still wife even though he's finally come out gay. It's a long story. And a lot of other Z grade celebrities. Apart from Sir Cliff Richard. Hello boys!!!! )

So me and her indoors are "rootin'" for our little Coco and hopin'Nick Kyrgios doesn't self immolate. Novaxx will need all his SS Captain- energy to overcome a resurgent Nadal.

Andy Murray and his metal hip just has to hold it together. For the Queen. For Country.

Oh. And will McEnroe visit his old mate Boom Boom a mile or so away servin' time in Her Majesty's Prison????
    Boris Becker! One of the greatest grass court players ever. And he was quite good on hard surfaces also.

So sad to see his plight today.

Comment

Originally posted by alex peters View Post

Boris Becker! One of the greatest grass court players ever. And he was quite good on hard surfaces also.

So sad to see his plight today.
      Pretty lively in broom cupboards as well 😮

Comment

Good to see Raducanu win, yes, but let's hope the press don't blow it up all out of proportion like they do the moment they get a sniff of a British player being any good at all. (cf. Henman)
        Can do without Murray though...

I think I was traumatised by Wimbledon in the 1960s by getting home from school in London to find no dinner, because my mum was glued to the television for a fortnight!

Comment

Pretty lively in broom cupboards as well 😮
          Boris wanted desert after having his main meal.

Comment

After winning the Australia and French if Nadal wins Wimbledon and the US Open.it would go down as the greatest feat in tennis history his being 36 years old

Comment

Wimbledon early takes:
              Osaka not playing - gotta just love it, thank you.
              Serena losing first round - more to love, beautiful.
              Coco G - nice comeback today, priceless.

Comment

happy for Katie Boulter- a Leicester player into R2. Lots of Brits doing well so far.

I want Halep to win overall I think on the womens and anyone outside of Nadal and Djokovic on the men's, maybe Alcaraz?
                The Definitive YES Albums

-The Yes Album-Fragile-Close to the Edge-Tales From Topographic Oceans-
                -Relayer-Going for the One-Drama-90125-Big Generator-Union-Talk-
                -The Ladder-Magnification-Fly From Here-The Quest-

Comment

Originally posted by soundchaser09 View Post
                  happy for Katie Boulter- a Leicester player into R2. Lots of Brits doing well so far.

I want Halep to win overall I think on the womens and anyone outside of Nadal and Djokovic on the men's, maybe Alcaraz?
                  The Joker is the favorite

Comment

Originally posted by alex peters View Post

The Joker is the favorite
                    true, I think he is the GOAT and as a Federer fan it hurts me to say it- 2019 Wimbledon final especially hurt. I'd like a younger player to win.
                    The Definitive YES Albums

-The Yes Album-Fragile-Close to the Edge-Tales From Topographic Oceans-
                    -Relayer-Going for the One-Drama-90125-Big Generator-Union-Talk-
                    -The Ladder-Magnification-Fly From Here-The Quest-

Comment

true, I think he is the GOAT and as a Federer fan it hurts me to say it- 2019 Wimbledon final especially hurt. I'd like a younger player to win.
                      Yes. I would like some new blood in a final

Comment

It is always difficult to say who the goat is. Different eras different equipment. And I do not think the field is as strong today as it was 25 to 60 years ago

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	images.jpeg-143.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	9.3 KB
ID:	20560

Somethin's Comin'!!! 🤯

Comment

[ATTACH=JSON]n20560[/ATTACH]

Somethin's Comin'!!! 🤯
                            Did I see he spat on a fan, or attempted to.........i think he’s unredeemable. Damn Shame, oh well.

Shame Coco G has such misguided beliefs. I was just starting to like her too. Oh well. Plenty of other fish in the sea to root for instead.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	5399.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	20795

Somethin's Comin',

Somethin' Good!

Comment

Working...
                              X