Greg Norman. The Rebel!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greg Norman. The Rebel!

Greg Norman has always been a man who spoke his mind. For decades he has challenged the PGA tour authorities. It has always been real hard to make the PGA tour. Only the top 125 in the money list as well as the top 20 in the Corn Ferry tour get to play on the tour the following year with the exception of players who have won tournaments in the previous years.

Norman's biggest beef with the PGA tour has been since it is so hard to be a member you should at least make some money even if you do not make the 36 hole cut. And Norman is right. The pay scale has always been top heavy at a PGA tournament. If you succeed and make the tour you should make money even if you do not make the cut.

The PGA ruling body are like most Authority figures though. They do what they want and damned to those who disagree.

Well, what does Greg Norman do? He goes to the Saudi's and sets up a new golf tour paying 10 times what the PGA tour is paying.

The result is 1 defection after another of world class players. If the defections continue into the future the PGA tour could be in for trouble.

Greg Norman is a rebel. And rebels is what you need when power corrupts the people in power.
    Last edited by alex peters; 06-10-2022, 08:59 AM.

I heard the PGA was dissing Dill Pickleson for playing on it and wouldn't let him play in some PGA events? By the way, I had a nice Greg Norman Pinot Noir with some lasagna a few nights ago

Comment

Originally posted by Somis Sound View Post
      I heard the PGA was dissing Dill Pickleson for playing on it and wouldn't let him play in some PGA events? By the way, I had a nice Greg Norman Pinot Noir with some lasagna a few nights ago
      It is amazing how 6 months can change a person's life. Phil is beloved by the average weekend golfer and the media. In a matter of a few days he is hated and disliked and in return he gives the middle finger to everyone and takes the 200 million dollar contract from the new Saudi tour.

He handled the situation horribly but I do not blame him for taking the $

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	9e8f41b7ec9373caad8196520d921976.jpeg.jpg Views:	3 Size:	122.3 KB ID:	18580

Sportswashin'!!!! 🤪

Comment

Originally posted by Gilly Goodness View Post
          Click image for larger version Name:	9e8f41b7ec9373caad8196520d921976.jpeg.jpg Views:	3 Size:	122.3 KB ID:	18580

Sportswashin'!!!! 🤪
          Who?

Comment

Look closer.

Comment

Don't make me post the full frontal ones. You know I will do it!!! 😱

Comment

OK Ya left me with no choice. This brings me no pleasure but here is your guy keepin' it classy and dignified.

Click image for larger version

Name:	600ecf7fca8ca95ab589b071e8b1ee64.jpeg.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	122.5 KB
ID:	18684

Comment

Ah the Shark. I was not sure if you meant the Saudi's or Norman. I would buy the Saudi's sportswashin but not Norman. His reputation is just fine.

Norman has had a beef with the PGA for decades. He thinks they are a monopoly. He thinks that all players that play in a PGA event should make some $ whether they make the 36 hole cut or not.

He thinks the PGA tour pay scale is top heavy towards the top 3 in every event.

Norman is not sportswashin. The players do not have to take the Saudi $. But one after another is beginning to. The PGA tour is in trouble and the best thing Jay Monahan should do is cut a deal.

He is going to lose in Court. This is equivalent to Curt Flood taking MLB to court over free agency in the 1970's.
                  Last edited by alex peters; 06-12-2022, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Additionally right now if a PGA tour player gets an exemption along with appearance $ to play a European tour event the PGA has no problem with that.

The PGA is angry and scared in that these players are being given huge $ in the form of a contract to play just 7 events per year. Dustin Johnson 125 million. Phil Michelson 200 million. Reed and Bryson Dechambeau are just the latest. Ricky Fowler will be coming soon..

Of course they will take the $ and they all will be sending Greg Norman a nice case of Pinot Noir for Christmas

Monahan needs to suck it up and make a deal

Comment

Additionally, since these players are being paid from a Saudi Investment fund I would not be surprised if the $ paid from the contracts is being kept in a foreign bank account that is out of reach of the IRS. Michelson lives in California. His Federal and state tax alone would be about 55% not counting all the other taxes. On his 200 million dollar contract he would be paying 110 million in taxes. But if that is held In a foreign account the IRS could not get to it.

I wonder if all these players have IRS proofed their future money
                      Last edited by alex peters; 06-12-2022, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X