Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Football! Footie! Fußball! Fútbol! And of course Soccer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ricardo Pereira scored a late winner as Leicester City produced a superb comeback to beat PSV and reach a first European semi-final
    Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
    Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

Comment

LONDON IS BLUE

"We're on our way to Wembley
      We're on our way to Wembley
      We're gonna win the cup
      We're gonna win the cup
      We're gonna win the cup
      We're gonna win the cup!"

Click image for larger version  Name:	3357121-68622688-2560-1440.jpg Views:	0 Size:	176.9 KB ID:	13303

2-0 win over the Gunners. Goals to The Norwegian Princess Guro Reiten and the Korean Queen Ji So Yun.
      Now to face ManCity with Ellen White and Leah Williamson and Hayley Raso, at Wembley.

Bring it on!

(PS. ..watchin' the replay just noticed that Arsenal's sleeve sponsor says " Visit Rwanda". Yes. I've heard they're gettin' a few more travellers soon 😙)
      Last edited by Gilly Goodness; 04-17-2022, 11:38 PM.

Comment

Thanks to the good people from youtube, am watchin' the womens euro champs game PSG V Lyon. Mainly for our girl Ellie "bombin' down the wing" Carpenter and the Dark Shark Catarina Macario. Absolute howler from PSG gk who gifted the Dark Shark a goal but that's what a dark shark does. Sniffs blood in the water. Accordin' to USWNT chat forums, she is coach Vlatko's pet and he prefers her to Alex Morgan. Cue the meltdowns.

Anyhoo Lyon 3-2. Hope they face Barcelona who do look formidable. Luckily it does not translate to their national side. Hahahahaa. Poor espana. Hahaha.

Also today Chelsea beat Spurs to remain on course to win the league. Slammin' Sammy Kerr scored the second in a 3-1 win.

So a year out from World Cup

1. USA may look to youngsters. Macario, Rodman, Smith, Hatch
        2. England will hope to win Euros at home to gain big tournament confidence under new skipper Leah Williamson.
        3. Spain will hope to improve.
        4. Australia will hope to make semis.
        5. Norway will have Hedeberger back. Watch out.
        6. France will hope to go further, as will Germany, Holland, Brazil, Sweden, Canada.

but, you know the Yankee Danks are current world champs and have built a culture of success.

Click image for larger version  Name:	licensed-image.jpeg-1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	406.2 KB ID:	13956

Click image for larger version  Name:	FRCBVu_XIAMuPBw.jpeg.jpg Views:	1 Size:	122.0 KB ID:	13955
        Last edited by Gilly Goodness; 04-24-2022, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Anticipation and excitement building ahead of Leicester City's first European competition semi-final tomorrow evening. I wish I xoutbe there in person, but I'll be watching on TV. It's live on BT Sport. KO: 20.00
          Preview followed by live coverage of Thursday's Europa Conference League game between Leicester City and Roma.

Comment

Feyenoord - OM : 2-2 at half time ! Come on Marseille ! (I've got a ticket for the 2nd leg at home)

Comment

Leicester v Roma semi-final 1st leg finishes 1 - 1, so all square for the conclusion at the Olympic Stadium in the Eternal City next Thursday!
              Come on you Foxes, we can do this!

Comment

Chelsea 2- Spurs 1

Relief. Unfortunately only audio available on the FA player. Since Optus2 was playin' it down here.

Another goal from Slammin' Sammy Kerr and one from Beth England (whose form should see her play for England in the upcomin' Euros at home)

Sammy looks to have another golden boot to go with her others from Oz, USA,England.

Only 2 games to go. Nose in front of Arsenal for the title.

Go you good things!

Click image for larger version  Name:	3759.jpg Views:	1 Size:	27.5 KB ID:	14426
                Last edited by Gilly Goodness; 04-28-2022, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Ash, so it could be you against me in the final ???

Comment

Originally posted by Sharp On Attack View Post
                    Ash, so it could be you against me in the final ???
                    Could be. May the best team prevail.

Comment

Again thanks to the good people at youtube, just watched Lyon overcome PSG in front of 43k raucous crowd incredible atmosphere. Led by Hederberg and Renard, the ladies in white looked solid. My girl Ellie Carpenter and the Dark Shark Macario played well.

How do you stop Wendy Renard from scorin' a header in the plenty box? She's at least 6'6". An Amazon!
                      So now they play Barcelona. In the final. Bring it on!

Click image for larger version

Name:	images.jpeg-90.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	14615

Comment

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	tumblr_f95267b6447ce72ebe3c28cf012767f9_858c9eed_400.jpg Views:	0 Size:	42.4 KB ID:	15279

WSL Player of the Year.

Another Golden Boot incomin'.

Miss Samantha May Kerr OA.
                          Last edited by Gilly Goodness; 05-05-2022, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	tumblr_7c5cb8085c818ab7a20e892f92f5cc41_61968c44_400.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	15284

More Sammy. With some bloke.

Comment

Terrible game, dreadful news. OM won't be playing the final, and neither will Leicester, Ashe...Maybe next time then !

Comment

Originally posted by Sharp On Attack View Post
                                Terrible game, dreadful news. OM won't be playing the final, and neither will Leicester, Ashe...Maybe next time then !
                                It hurts. I think Leicester were a bit overwhelmed by the occasion and froze up. We didn't play well at all. I could go on about the weak officiating and the home team being favoured by the referee, but if you don't create chances and take them, you're not going win games like this, whatever the refereeing is like.
                                Still, it's an achievement reaching a semi-final of a new competition, particularly given the season we've had with so many long-term injuries to key players, especially defenders, and the craziness of the previous two seasons as well.
                                Another half dozen games left in the domestic season, and I hope we can finish with a bit of a flourish, get some wins, secure a top-half berth

Comment

Working...
                                X