Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Football! Footie! Fußball! Fútbol! And of course Soccer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Behold! Casper the Homophobic Ghost.
    The official mascot of the Qatar World Cup 2022.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FPRbpAPXEAEOBhA.jpeg.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	11743

Comment

Of course the US got Group B with England, Iran and a team to be named later (August?) picked between Wales, Scotland, and Ukraine. They will be lucky to get any points is my bet, so we're looking at another group round exit. 😑

Comment

Originally posted by kkleinschmidt View Post
        Of course the US got Group B with England, Iran and a team to be named later (August?) picked between Wales, Scotland, and Ukraine. They will be lucky to get any points is my bet, so we're looking at another group round exit. 😑
        Welcome to my world. Imagine being French, Spanish or Brazilian?. Even Belgique?

What's up with Solo? She seemed to have her life back on track?

Comment

The tournament is poorer for Italy not being there, but it's their own fault.
          Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
          Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

Comment

I agree not having Italy present again is a real drag. I was in Italy during World Cup when they were doing good (2010?) and it was super fun. We were also there in 2018 and it was pretty weird.

Hope Solo was a great goal keeper but frankly I think she bashed into the frame too many times because she's definitely a bit touched. It's really sad to see her and her family go through this.

Comment

Originally posted by kkleinschmidt View Post
              I agree not having Italy present again is a real drag. I was in Italy during World Cup when they were doing good (2010?) and it was super fun. We were also there in 2018 and it was pretty weird.

Hope Solo was a great goal keeper but frankly I think she bashed into the frame too many times because she's definitely a bit touched. It's really sad to see her and her family go through this.
              From what little I know of her, she has history with disciplinary problems in and out of the game. Clearly a troubled soul from childhood.

Comment

Pity about Solo. Only know her really from WOSO commentating and podcasts. She's a maverick not afraid to rock the boat and call out US soccer. A refreshing voice. May need some therapy/counseling.

So Brazil are currently favourites followed by England. Have been watching Euro qualifying and have been impressed by a young Germany and an imperious France. Little Griezman is on fire.

Name:	images.jpeg-64.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	11835

Comment

Crystal Palace have beaten Arsenal this evening. 3 - 0.
                  Leicester play Palace on Sunday... Patrick Vierra, a former Arsenal player, has made Palace into a formidable, resilient team. It will be tough to break them down.
                  Before that Leicester host PSV Eindhoven on Thursday in the Europa Conference League in a two-leg quarter final contest.

Comment

Speakin' of the French side. The dude who scored that worldie against the Argies last time, Pavard is a dead set ringer for comic James Acaster. Surely. Or am I goin' mad?

Name:	images.jpeg-66.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	11846

Name:	images.jpeg-65.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	11847

Comment

THE GREAT ESCAPE

Click image for larger version  Name:	607793e15dc8b7d1c89a6a225ab814a4.jpeg.jpg Views:	1 Size:	56.0 KB ID:	12287

Disney+ are to produce a 6 part doco series about The Matildas leadin' up to hostin' the 2023 World Cup with our Kiwi cousins. Well. They got some drama last night. The plucky NZ Ferns had us down 1 nil at the 92nd minute before Ellie Carpenter cut back for Emily Van Egmund to fire and level. Then in the 94th minute a corner produced a brave header by Captain Courageous Slammin' Sammy Kerr. 2-1. Absolute scenes up in Far North Queensland. First time Sam has seen her whole family in 2 years. Tears were shed.

Click image for larger version  Name:	278081635_534236734726447_8989754751099004358_n.jpg Views:	3 Size:	92.7 KB ID:	12288 Click image for larger version  Name:	278175295_534236738059780_8615581581945443707_n.jpg Views:	3 Size:	94.1 KB ID:	12289
                      Last edited by Gilly Goodness; 04-08-2022, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Leicester City v Crystal Palace at 2.00 this afternoon, and I'm going along to lend my support to the Foxes!

I had to give up my season ticket at the end of last year after being made redundant, but a friend of mine, and former-colleague, now retired, has been cast in a play (A Comedy of Tenors by Ken Ludwig) and his rehearsals are Sunday afternoons so he's letting me use his seat at the footie!

​​​​​​

Comment

Leicester City 2 (Lookman, Dewsbury-Hall)
                          Crystal Palace 1 (Zaha pen.)

An entertaining game in the spring sunshine and it was great to be there to see Keirnan Dewsbury-Hall score a beauty.
                          Up to 9th in the Premier League, with games in hand over those around us.
                          Last edited by Ash Armstrong; 04-10-2022, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Cool for the 🦊🦊🦊 Ash.

Highlights were sweet.

Wonder how high they can finish?

Exciting close race now between MC and Liverbirds.

And is Mr Christine Bleakley gunna be relegated?

Comment

Brendan Rodgers urges Leicester to create more club history by overcoming PSV Eindhoven on Thursday to reach their first ever European semi-final.

Comment

😃💙⚽😃💙⚽😃💙⚽😃💙⚽
                                Foxes into our first ever semi-final in European competition!
                                🦊💙🦊💙🦊💙🦊💙🦊💙🦊💙

Comment

Working...
                                X