Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Football! Footie! Fußball! Fútbol! And of course Soccer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gtkgasman View Post
    👍.........👍
    Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
    Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

Comment

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b2028614.html

Turns out Katie took her own life at 22 with seemingly everything in the world going for her. This is so incredibly sad. My wife Betsy is a school counselor and she does suicide assessments as part of her job (and all too frequently). If this email from Stanford mentioned in the article is what pushed her over the edge then shame on them for not providing the proper counseling services to their students when pressure of this sort is directed at them.

National Suicide Prevention Helpline 1-800-273-TALK (8255)

Comment

Leicester City 2 ⚽⚽
        Stade Rennais 0

Excellent result for my Leicester City v Rennes in the Europa Conference League, Round of 16. Only the first leg though, with the return fixture next Thursday.

Comment

GOLDERN GIRL SAVES CHELSEA'S SEASON

yep, that's the headline after Slammin' Sammy Kerr's extra-time goal scuppered Aston Villa.

Got a yellow card for stripping off her shirt. Hello Sailor! Hooley blinkin' Dooley! Indeed.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Gilly Goodness; 03-13-2022, 04:06 PM.

Comment

LONDON IS BLUE

Chelsea 3. Everton 0.

Kerr, Reiten, Cuthbert goals.

Click image for larger version  Name:	FOAL7nkWUAkxR7H.jpeg.jpg Views:	0 Size:	74.8 KB ID:	9901
            Attached Files

Comment

Gutsy, resilient all-round performance from Leicester away at Renne in Brittany. The 2nd leg of the Round of 16 tie in the Europa Conference League. The quarter-final draw is tomorrow afternoon.
              Good thing we took a 2 goal advantage into this game from the home leg. We needed it in an intimidating, exciting atmosphere. Definitely had a squeaky bum in the last 10 minutes. We go through to the QF with 3-2 win on aggregate.

Comment

Leicester City 2 ⚽⚽ (20, 33)
                Brentford FC 1 ⚽ (88)

Excellent win for the Foxes, with two stunning first half goals, from Timothy Castagne on his return from injury, and a peach of a free-kick from James Maddison. Very good team performance, thouyi have to single out Caglar Söyüncü for his defensive work. Solid and reliable.
                Takes us up to 10th in the Premier League, with games in hand over just about everyone else!

Comment

Both goals worldies, Ash. You'll be glad to know after watching a few highlights, YouTube automatically load Leicester highlights on my feed. Damn that algorithm !

🦊🦊🦊

Comment

TOUGH COUPLE OF WEEKS

First Rod Marsh dies. Then Warnie. Then Ash Barty retires shock. Now this.

Defeated at the Sydney Olympic Stadium last night to the Blue Samurai. Japan. 2-0. Now we don't automatically seal a place for Qatar22 WC.

So feelin' sombre about the world (of sport). Realise there are more important things happenin' in the world at large.

BUT THEN. Just read the cheatin', divin' Italians are out of qualifiers thanks to North Macedonia. Again.
                    MAMA MIA! Imagine the tears flowing into The Tiber today.

And Usman Kawajha scored another century for the Aussies in his homeland Pakistan.

So swings and roundabouts.

Lookin' forward to my girls, Sydney FC winning the A League final on Sunday.

Click image for larger version

Name:	images.jpeg-61.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	10755
                    Last edited by Gilly Goodness; 03-24-2022, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Enjoy boys. Portugal up next 😯

Click image for larger version

Name:	5154.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	10760

Comment

LA Lakers owners in the hunt to buy Chelsea I saw on the ticker. Well, that about covers my futbol knowledge today. 😆😆.

I do know this, tho, having previously followed the NBA since as a youngster up until a few years ago, the Lakers are a winning organization, to the shegrin of us in the east for years.

Comment

Cool. As long as they don't have corrupt dealings with Putin, I can't say I'm against it Hard working business people with the common touch?

Some English football fans want 51% share in their ownership to be fan owned.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilly Goodness View Post
                            Cool. As long as they don't have corrupt dealings with Putin, I can't say I'm against it Hard working business people with the common touch?

Some English football fans want 51% share in their ownership to be fan owned.
                            That’s fair! I’m no expert on the owners of the Lakers. Lol. I just know they win.

The GB packers sell shares to fans. Which is a nice birthday gift for a fan. I am not familiar with the details. But they don’t have say in the team obv.

Comment

Very interesting article that sums up my thoughts about the next Men's World Cup nicely...

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/qatar-world-cup-fifa-sportswashing-human-rights-b2048229.html

I'm happy that the US team is going to make it in to the tournament but that's about it. The worker abuse reports and moving the timing of the games to December are enough for me to think twice about watching any of the matches when they come around, and throw in the whole FIFA inspired possible shift to 2 year WC tournament cycles and it really feels like they have lost their way.

Comment

Qatar bribed their way to this cup. Australia wasted $40 million big ones on our bid with no bribes.

Having said that, will still watch and enjoy the games. Sport at it's global height.

Congrats K-shmitty in qualifying directly. We may not be so lucky. Have to win 2 playoffs now.

If the Socceroos fail to qualify then I'll support Captain Kane and his Merry Men. Having English blood from my Mother's side.

Comment

Working...
                                X