Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Football! Footie! Fußball! Fútbol! And of course Soccer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, sometimes I catch the superbowl and OMG it goes for hours. With 80 different players. And lots of headsets.

Tom Brady, he all over?

Comment

Super Bowl is definitely the biggest offender ever, and no telling where Tom goes next but my money is on a TV gig of some sort.

Comment

Epic football!
        ⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽

My live stream kept freezing during extra time and the pens so I missed quite a lot. Looking forward to the highlights now. What an unbelievable contest!

Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
        Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

Comment

Ok. 20 penalties. Then the keepers have to shoot. Incredible. Young Irish lad saves the day. Jesus,Joseph and Mary. You wouldn't read about it! Off to watch highlights.

Comment

Yay ma Foxes! Cracking 2 - 0 away win at Turf Moor, a clean sheet and Jamie Vardy returns from injury, out for 9 weeks, and scores! Maddison nets a peach too. Solid all-round performance from the team. Very satisfying evening's entertainment, and the Turkish commentators were terrific!

Burnley 0-2 Leicester: James Maddison and Jamie Vardy give Foxes first league win of 2022 - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59918930
            Last edited by Ash Armstrong; 03-01-2022, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Watched highlights....atmosphere sounded great. Great saves from the keepers but the big V can't be denied. 🦊

(have no skin in the game in the EPL. Following Celtic in the Scottish League as our Ange Postecogoulu coaches our Tom Rogic with some dashing Japanese players. They are fun to watch.

Just learnt they will play Rangers in Sydney this November as well as Sydney FC and Western Sydney Wanderers. Sweet!)
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Gilly Goodness; 03-01-2022, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Very sad news...

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/artic...d-16972260.php

Stanford University is huge in the world of women's soccer and Katie was one of their best players. I was really looking forward to her moving into the next level and sadly that will not happen. Peace and love to her family, friends, and other fans...

Comment

Is Chelsea near any of you “blokes”. Lol. I saw on my ticker they were for sale. I know less about soccer than I do about Yes and Politics 😂😂.

I also saw that report on the Stanford player - I was floored - stopped me in my tracks walking thru the house. Very very sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtkgasman View Post
                    Is Chelsea near any of you “blokes”. Lol. I saw on my ticker they were for sale. I know less about soccer than I do about Yes and Politics 😂😂.

I also saw that report on the Stanford player - I was floored - stopped me in my tracks walking thru the house. Very very sad.
                    Chelsea are a South London club, as are Crystal Palace and Fulham. Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur are North London, and West Ham United are in East London. Their home ground is now the former Olympic Stadium in the Lea Valley. As clubs they were all founded in the last quarter of the C19.

Comment

Originally posted by Ash Armstrong View Post

Chelsea are a South London club, as are Crystal Palace and Fulham. Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur are North London, and West Ham United are in East London. Their home ground is now the former Olympic Stadium in the Lea Valley. As clubs they were all founded in the last quarter of the C19.
                      Which is your favorite club?

I am guessing that they are in the same league?

When I say I know nada, I’m not kidding. I see a whole lot of diff leagues around the world, incl here is US. I’m the guy who watches the World Cups, men and women’s- shouts go USA and Go Greece, about my limit. Lol 😆😆. However for what it’s worth, I thoroughly enjoy the World Cup because I have an understanding of the tourney format once it starts. Versus That which I have no knowledge of how the leagues around the world operate. I find it interesting, but just never got into it.

Comment

When I say I know nada, I’m not kidding. I see a whole lot of diff leagues around the world, incl here is US. I’m the guy who watches the World Cups, men and women’s- shouts go USA and Go Greece, about my limit. Lol 😆😆. However for what it’s worth, I thoroughly enjoy the World Cup because I have an understanding of the tourney format once it starts. Versus That which I have no knowledge of how the leagues around the world operate. I find it interesting, but just never got into it.
                        My home club, Leicester City, founded in 1884. We won promotion to the English Premier League in 2014, from the English Championship league, and have avoided relegation, apart from a couple of scares, ever since. Each European nation has a top-flight league corresponding to the English Premier League, which consists of 20 clubs, with the three finishing bottom being relegated to the lower tier at the end of each season. Everyone plays everyone else twice, a home fixture and an away fixture, so a season consists of 38 games. There are also two domestic knock-out cup tournaments each season, the first of which, the League Cup, was decided last weekend at Wembley Stadium when Liverpool beat Chelsea. The more prestigious cup competition, the FA (Football Association) Cup is traditionally the end of the season showpiece in May. We won that last year, after losing four previous finals back in the 1950s and 1960s.

We won the EPL in season 2015/16 for the first time in our history, at 5000/1 outsiders. Almost the entire population of the city, 350,000, was on the streets for the street parade and celebrations afterwards. It was an occasion I'll never forget.

Comment

Comment

👍.........👍

Comment

Here is what we are dealing with for our local team...

https://www.fccincinnati.com/news/re...r-at-austin-fc

FC Cincinnati was dead last in the MLS for 2021 and they are off to another fine start this year. We have tickets to go in a couple of weeks so I hope they get their house in order ASAP but I have my doubts. Of course I would love to see victories but at this point I'll be happy just to see goals (well not own goals like the first match). It's never easy rooting for a loser!

Comment

My team, Chelsea women starring our Aussie captain Slammin' Sammy Kerr is owned by a Russian Oligarch. What a sinister thought that is. He is trying to sell it now. Hope he loses his shirt. 😡
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X