Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Football! Footie! Fußball! Fútbol! And of course Soccer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ash Armstrong View Post

That's illegal, and if found out would see me banned for life.
    So are you saying that it is illegal to share/split season tickets? Is there a legal resale market or is that forbidden also?

Comment

Lookman!!! ⚽️

Comment

Originally posted by Gilly Goodness View Post
        Lookman!!! ⚽️
        Wow! Fantastic, resilient performance with a makeshift back four against one of the best teams around. Proud of my boys!
        Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
        Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

Comment

Originally posted by kkleinschmidt View Post

So are you saying that it is illegal to share/split season tickets? Is there a legal resale market or is that forbidden also?
          If you wish to give up your seat for a single game as a season ticket holder, you can let someone else use that seat but it's supposed to be done through the club, and there's a fee for the ticket. Obviously one could pass the season ticket swipe card onto someone else privately, but that's against the rules.
          I paid monthly by direct debit, not all upfront in one go, so my only realistic option within the terms and conditions was to give it up. I didn't want to do anything to jeopardise my chances of getting another season ticket when my financial circumstances improve when I'm working again .
          All resales have to be through the club. I'm sure illegal resales online happen but again, I'm not going to do anything to harm my standing with the club for the future.

Comment

I've bought a ticket for Leicester's FA Cup 3rd Round game against Watford on January 8.
            I've done so because I was able to purchase what had been my season ticket seat: hopefully the people I've sat alongside, in front of and behind, for the last nine seasons will all be there and I can explain what happened, say goodbye and wish them well. Maybe exchange contact details with some of them. Being blokes, and me being autistic, means that even though I've sat with them all these years, we don't know each other's names; it wasn't important, all that personal stuff, until it was....

Comment

I've bought a ticket for Leicester's FA Cup 3rd Round game against Watford on January 8.
              I've done so because I was able to purchase what had been my season ticket seat: hopefully the people I've sat alongside, in front of and behind, for the last nine seasons will all be there and I can explain what happened, say goodbye and wish them well. Maybe exchange contact details with some of them. Being blokes, and me being autistic, means that even though I've sat with them all these years, we don't know each other's names; it wasn't important, all that personal stuff, until it was....
              Saw some excerpts of the match yesterday, congratulations. Was thinking about you... and yes, I know what you describe about your neighbours in the stadium , magic football relations

Comment

If you wish to give up your seat for a single game as a season ticket holder, you can let someone else use that seat but it's supposed to be done through the club, and there's a fee for the ticket. Obviously one could pass the season ticket swipe card onto someone else privately, but that's against the rules.
                I paid monthly by direct debit, not all upfront in one go, so my only realistic option within the terms and conditions was to give it up. I didn't want to do anything to jeopardise my chances of getting another season ticket when my financial circumstances improve when I'm working again .
                All resales have to be through the club. I'm sure illegal resales online happen but again, I'm not going to do anything to harm my standing with the club for the future.
                Very interesting indeed and this sort of situation would never work here in the US. I can see how this would essentially cutoff the market for scalping tickets, which is a good thing generally, but one of the best parts of having season tickets IMHO is being able to invite different people to the games to spread the love (my dad was a Cincinnati Bengals season ticket holder for many years).

Glad you are still able to enjoy your team and keep hope alive for next year's season!

Comment

Great to be back at the King Power Stadium this afternoon, enjoying watching a very good Leicester City side dump Watford out of the FA Cup 4 - 1. Hamza Choudhury at centre-half, new role for him, what a game he had! Deservedly man of the match. Several Academy graduates given their first team debuts today as well, and they all had good games, especially Brunt.
                  Even a floodlight failure in the 2H was greeted with wry amusement, and a display of phone lights from the fans.
                  Goals from Tielemans, Maddison, Barnes and captain Albrighton.
                  Good to see several of the people I've sat with for the last nine seasons, and give and receive good wishes for the New Year.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Ash Armstrong; 01-08-2022, 10:42 AM.

Comment

That's more like it. 🦊

Comment

Soccer? Is that a big sport? Never really hear of it...

😁😁😁😁

signed,
                      the american

😉😉😉

Comment

Bloody Spurs are football's Dementors: they suck all the happiness out of the world...
                        🙄😠☹️😟😟☹️

Comment

A stoppage-time double??? Sacre Blue!!!

Football can be a cruel mistress.

Meanwhile our golden girls The Matildas are in Mumbai for the Asian Cup. Play Indonesia tomorrow night. Must see TV. Mary Flower (pictured below) to start alongside Slammin'Sammy Kerr. Kyra Cutie-Cross to run the midfield.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Gilly Goodness; 01-19-2022, 06:16 PM.

Comment

I've found a live stream for Leicester v Brighton this afternoon, but I have a bad feeling about this one....

Comment

Wherever you are in the world, you're never more than 10 metres from a former Watford manager...

Comment

We've been watching some American Football lately since our local Cincinnati Bengals finally figured out how to win some important games, and the first thing that jumped out at me is the insane amount of commercials there are. Same for baseball and it really makes watching both sports far less enjoyable than how they show soccer games here on TV which are typically commercial free (except for the static adds around the stadium). Soccer even keeps it short and sweet at half time or over time. It really is a great sport to play and watch!

Comment

Working...
                                X