Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Football! Footie! Fußball! Fútbol! And of course Soccer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gilly Goodness
    Ash Armstrong

Should be boycotted for many reasons, not at least because of all those workers who died... but I guess the money-greed will prevail... and I hope that homophobia and strange treatment of women at least will have a rest for that time... we will see... but agree about the dark side of every country as well.

I remember that Australian 3:1 against Japan in 2006, joyful enthusiastic match

Comment

Olympique de Marseille for me...Regarding the next world cup, most of my friends have decided to boycott (ie not to watch any games) I don't know what I'll do but I'm tempted...
      Last edited by Sharp On Attack; 12-17-2021, 06:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharp On Attack View Post
        Olympique de Marseille for me...Regarding the next world cup, most of my friends have decided to boycott (ie not to watch any games) I don't know what I'll do but I'm tempted...
        Would be hard to keep your eyes off Mbappe in full flight ?

Comment

My circumstances have, with sadness and the greatest reluctance, compelled me to give up my Leicester City season ticket today.

It's been an amazing nine seasons of unbelievable achievements, and I'm still a Fox through and through, but the uncertainty and the anxiety of the last two years, and losing my job in August, mean I can't afford to keep it.

Given the demand for season tickets, even if/when my circumstances improve, it'll likely by some years before I can apply for one again.

I'm devastated.
          🦊😢
          Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
          Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

Comment

Football! Footie! Fußball! Fútbol! And of course Soccer!

But no calcio?

Comment

Sorry to hear Ash. I also have reduced circumstances after retiring and have to be more frugal. And am less likely to mingle with strangers due to covid. Esp after being quarantined in hospital awaiting a negative result. In the early days of the pandemic.

Sport is nearly a religion to me. Offering life lessons, a link to the community and a respite from the grind of daily life.

Hope one day you can watch your beloved Foxes again.

Comment

Originally posted by Ash Armstrong View Post
                My circumstances have, with sadness and the greatest reluctance, compelled me to give up my Leicester City season ticket today.

It's been an amazing nine seasons of unbelievable achievements, and I'm still a Fox through and through, but the uncertainty and the anxiety of the last two years, and losing my job in August, mean I can't afford to keep it.

Given the demand for season tickets, even if/when my circumstances improve, it'll likely by some years before I can apply for one again.

I'm devastated.
                🦊😢
                Sad to read this, Ash. Cross my fingers that things get better again for you. And it can get better...

But in the meantime, what about sharing a season-ticket with someone else or two other fans? So you can at least smell the pitch once in a while?

Comment

Originally posted by PeterCologne View Post

Sad to read this, Ash. Cross my fingers that things get better again for you. And it can get better...

But in the meantime, what about sharing a season-ticket with someone else or two other fans? So you can at least smell the pitch once in a while?
                  That's illegal, and if found out would see me banned for life.

Comment

Originally posted by Ash Armstrong View Post

That's illegal, and if found out would see me banned for life.
                    ok, ok... But aynway, there will be better times, Ash

Comment

Heh Ash...just saw the 38' score Leicester V Liverpool.

Don't want to put the mockers on. But it looks good.
                      Last edited by Gilly Goodness; 12-22-2021, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilly Goodness View Post
                        Heh Ash...just saw the 38' score Leicester V Liverpool.

Don't want to put the mocked on. But it looks good.
                        I know! Managed to find a stream so I can watch it! Stunning third goal from James Madison. ⚽

Comment

That's cruel. Equaliser in 95th minute. Sport is cruel sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilly Goodness View Post
                            That's cruel. Equaliser in 95th minute. Sport is cruel sometimes.
                            And lost on penalties. I'm afraid we contrived our own demise though.

Comment

G&T o'clock 🍸 Footie to come at 8.00 on Prime
                              Leicester City v Liverpool

My first game as a former-season ticket holder, so mixed emotions for me this evening.
                              C'mon you Foxes!

Comment

Halt-time:
                                Leicester City 0 Liverpool 0

The saved penalty notwithstanding, that was a stonkingly-entertaining and evenly-contested 45mins!

Comment

Working...
                                X