Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Football! Footie! Fußball! Fútbol! And of course Soccer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning GG! I'm glad you found a way to watch the match. We're on tape delay here but we'll catch up sooner than later. Enjoy it for us until then!

Comment

HEMP!!! Get in !!!
      Last edited by Gilly Goodness; 10-07-2022, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kkleinschmidt View Post
        Good morning GG! I'm glad you found a way to watch the match. We're on tape delay here but we'll catch up sooner than later. Enjoy it for us until then!
        No more spoilers then. Terrific game. Dynamic. Both teams up for it!!!

Comment

Pulsatin' game. Unbelievable.

Comment

HEMP'S BUM....epic

Comment

Originally posted by Gilly Goodness View Post
              HEMP'S BUM....epic
              We just finished and yes Hemp's performance was amazing and I'm glad her face ball didn't seem to cause her any lasting troubles, but the officiating was pretty miserable including the bum block "hand ball". Not sure how to fix that though and glad VAR got it right that time.

Good to see England playing so well and all I can say about USA is it's time for Megan Rapione to pass the torch.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	FeiTtdCWIAEFXf0.jpeg.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	28357

Yep. Rapinoe still looks crafty, but not fast enough, sloppy passin'. This young Thompson must be quite somethin' to debut so young. 2nd half due to fatigue and frustration got a bit sloppy. First half intensity and ball movement was best I've seen in a while. Terrific game for a neutral. The English looked well connected. Bronze and Hemp were outstandin'. As was Chloe Kelly who has the best cutback dribble in the game.

Now Sophia Smith is all class. Add her to The Dark Shark Macario and Rodman who is so fast and you've got a mighty forward line. But. Without JJ you guys lack steel and strength. Even given the presence of The Great Horan.

Now I get the Walsh Thing. Controls midfield with no fuss. Has all the time in the world. England's secret weapon. The centre of a spinnin' wheel.

Girma and Huerta are great. Sophia won a championship with SydneyFC a while back. Cook is gettin' roasted by US woso chat forum. Ouch! Didn't think she was too bad.

Stanway was good on the ball. Her long range boot off radar. Both teams will be better for the run. England now will have belief they can win WC. USA will have to be humble and work on their game. Pray Ertz (JJ) returns post-baby like Crystal Dunn. USA needs to play stronger opposition or they will not learn anything in defence.

Click image for larger version  Name:	_methode_times_prod_web_bin_3e9485b6-4684-11ed-abc9-d0d53e948d21.jpg Views:	3 Size:	56.5 KB ID:	28329

Morgan will bring a presence back up top. But I'd go a Smith-Macario-Rodman line with perhaps Mallory Pugh subbin' on. Anyway these 2 teams now remain favourites for '23 WC.
                Last edited by Gilly Goodness; 10-08-2022, 05:28 AM.

Comment

OK the ladies in gold are out singin' the anthem V South Africa banyana banyana in glorious London sunshine at Kingsmeadow. Sam Kerr is on bench with a touch of flu. Mary Fowler up front!!! LET'S GO, GIRLS!!!

Comment

3-0 halftime. Courtney Vine has 2 playin' in the 9. Fowler controllin' at 10. Cooney-Cross playin' well. So far, so good!

⚽️⚽️⚽️

Comment

Today is Decision Day in MLS. FC Cincinnati plays their final match in Washington DC and all they have to do is win to move on to the MLS playoffs for the first time after coming in dead last in 2021 (which got them the honor of winning a wooden spoon). FCC lost last weekend in a soul crushing defeat at home in front of a sold out Cincy crowd so it's going very interesting to see how they respond today. Here's hoping they score plenty of goals and at least one more than DC United!

Comment

Lookin' good after 27 mins, K-shmitty! 😚

Comment

FC Cincinnati won convincingly 5-2 and are off to the playoffs for the first time in their short MLS history!

Comment

Name:	images.jpeg-277.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	28497

Go you Good Thing!!!

Comment

VICTORY IN VIBORG!!!

Click image for larger version  Name:	FezzR1NUYAAmFFO.jpeg.jpg Views:	1 Size:	129.5 KB ID:	28585

Matildas 3- Denmark 1

Sorry Princess Mary (an Aussie )

Name:	images.jpeg-278.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	28586

Comment

AC Milan v Chelsea (muted) & Sophocles' Oedipus at Colonus.

Thank goodness there was no VAR in the 5th century BCE!​
                                Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
                                Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

Comment

Working...
                                X