Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Football! Footie! Fußball! Fútbol! And of course Soccer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leicester City play Napoli in Naples tomorrow (KO: 17.45) in the final Group C game in the Europa League, and seven members of our squad have been unable to travel due to positive COVID tests..... I'm working hard to quell my rising pessimism.
    Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
    Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

Comment

Get off my turf! A lioness drops an intruder/pitch invader on his arse...with added Ashes meme commentary.

During today's match against Juventus. Got a yellow card for it but the internet thinks she did just fine.

Attached Files
      Last edited by Gilly Goodness; 12-08-2021, 06:11 PM.

Comment

You can also have goat: https://fc.de/start/

Attached Files

Comment

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...s-league-match

😲

Comment

Originally posted by kkleinschmidt View Post
            Don't know how close you are to Kentucky, K-shmitty, but hope you are OK during this terrible time.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilly Goodness View Post

Don't know how close you are to Kentucky, K-shmitty, but hope you are OK during this terrible time.

Thanks for thinking of us Gilly. We're fine here fortunately but the images that are coming from this storm are truly horrific. I said in another thread that flooding is worse that tornadoes, but this beats it all. This will probably turn out to the the longest track tornado in US history something like 225 miles/360 km. People are finding debris over 100 miles from where it came from.

I've been around tornadoes pretty much all my life. I remember when I was a kid see my first one as it came down out of the clouds over our house and proceeded to wipe out a big swath of where we lived just to the east of us. I remember the 1974 outbreak and what it did to our part of the world. We've had several tornadoes around us where we live now. All I can say is 11 December 2021 literally blows them all away in comparison. And they are saying there's a chance of another big storm this week...

My thoughts and prayers go out to the people who lost their lives, and their family and friends who are left to pickup the pieces.

Comment

Glad to hear. Images are just awful. People who live there must be very stoic. Hope you have a good bunker.

They're developing fire-proof bunkers down here for people who live in fire-prone areas.

SAVE THE BOGONG MOTH
                Last edited by Gilly Goodness; 12-12-2021, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilly Goodness View Post
                  Glad to hear. Images are just awful. People who live there must be very stoic. Hope you have a good bunker.

They're developing fire-proof bunkers down here for people who live in fire-prone areas.

SAVE THE BOGONG MOTH
                  Actually we live in an interesting place. Severe storms seem to take two paths here and they basically split and either go north or south of us. The southern path is pretty much where Saturday's tornado path was through Northern Kentucky just south of the Ohio River. The northern path goes through places like Madison and Versailles (pronounced Ver-Sales not the fancy French way) Indiana. Our house is 152 years old and has a small cellar which is fine for emergencies of this sort, but we really feel safe here overall.

Comment

A few wine bottles down there for company?

Comment

This evening's Premier League game betwixt Leicester City and Tottenham Hotspur has been postponed due to Covid.
                      So, a night in then....

Comment

With no international tournament in the summer, at least the domestic season can be extended....
                        Qatar 2022 World Cup is from November 21 to December 18.

Comment

Watching youtubeLive: Wolfsburg women V Chelsea (Sam Kerr) and honestly believe the German's fluorescent lime green kit makes them a yard faster.

2 nil down. HT.

Curse you coloured Gods

Comment

Originally posted by Ash Armstrong View Post

Qatar 2022 World Cup is from November 21 to December 18.
                            ... should be boycotted...

Comment

Originally posted by PeterCologne View Post

Would agree. After hundreds of deaths of mainly Indian and Banghladeshi workers. Every country has it's dark side. We can't always play in Norway or New Zealand. But remain adamant that sport brings people of the world together in ways maybe only music does.

Japan Olympics a case in point. Remember the Belarus athlete who defected to Poland? Never knew much about Belarus before. Now it's one of the world's most studied countries in regards to geopolitics. Like Ukraine.

Recently an Australian football player came out gay. The Qatari authorities immediately announced he would be safe travelling there. As well as the gay fan community in general. In a fractious world the chance to have conversations and perhaps even dare to learn from each other, is supplied from these peaceful endeavours.

+ the Socceroos get to mix it with the Big Boys. Will never forget Kleiserschlauten and Timmy Cahill
                              in 2006

Comment

Originally posted by PeterCologne View Post

Probably so, but big money talks loud sadly. There were calls to boycott the Russia World Cup too.

Comment

Working...
                                X