Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Football! Footie! Fußball! Fútbol! And of course Soccer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blimey! I'm surprised by this, as I thought Brendan Rodgers would be the next to go.
    Chelsea sack manager Thomas Tuchel following Tuesday's night's Champions League defeat by Dinamo Zagreb.
    Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
    Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

Comment

First Lampard. Now Tuchel. Run by Americans who live in America? What a mess. Do I care? Not really as long as the women's side is OK and purrin'. WSL to start season soon.

Click image for larger version  Name:	images.jpeg-237.jpg Views:	0 Size:	27.1 KB ID:	25524

Mrs Lampard happy to be shot of the place!
      Last edited by Gilly Goodness; 09-07-2022, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Damn it!
        This weekend's Premier League and English Football League fixtures will be postponed as a mark of respect following the death of Queen Elizabeth II.

Comment

I'm not even Welsh but this brought a tear to my eye

Michael Sheen on BBC recently encouragin' Wales in Qatar

https://youtu.be/Ho9UuNq9-dA

Click image for larger version

Name:	images.jpeg-241.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	25746

The Real Prince of Wales!!!

Can the Socceroos hire him too???
          Last edited by Gilly Goodness; 09-10-2022, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Arsenal have brought on a 15-year-old, youngest Prem player ever, for the last few minutes. Born in 2007, to put that into perspective...

Comment

WSL season commences with 2 very big upsets:

1. The newly promoted Lady Reds from Liverpool stun Sam Kerr's Chelsea 2-1.

2. Aston Villa stun Manchester City who are basically England FC 4-3 with a Daly Double. Welcome home Rachel!

Click image for larger version  Name:	images.jpeg-246.jpg Views:	6 Size:	28.0 KB ID:	26388
              Last edited by Gilly Goodness; 09-18-2022, 05:49 PM.

Comment

What’s the beer situation for the World Cup?? 😂😂. Looks like it might be complicated to get a brew 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

seriously though - a World Cup thread will need to be started. Certainly not by me. As I know less about “soccer” leagues , than, well, prob almost everyone here. Lol.

is there a US team? Not that it would prob matter. Guess I gotta brush up quick. 😉
                Last edited by Gtkgasman; 09-25-2022, 03:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtkgasman View Post
                  What’s the beer situation for the World Cup?? 😂😂. Looks like it might be complicated to get a brew 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
                  I think they're creating fan zones for overseas fans with beer. It'll be curious to see how many locals gain access to have one...

Comment

Originally posted by Ash Armstrong View Post

I think they're creating fan zones for overseas fans with beer. It'll be curious to see how many locals gain access to have one...
                    yeah. I read a funny article about a month back on trying to control consumption and the local laws, etc. well. Seemed funny to me.

I know you understand the world leagues well as you explained them to me. I look forward to reading posts by those who know the game, about the matchups, as the tourney progresses. Honestly it’s the only time I really watch. But I do follow close ea h time.

Comment

yeah. I read a funny article about a month back on trying to control consumption and the local laws, etc. well. Seemed funny to me.

I know you understand the world leagues well as you explained them to me. I look forward to reading posts by those who know the game, about the matchups, as the tourney progresses. Honestly it’s the only time I really watch. But I do follow close ea h time.
                      It's going to be weird having the domestic season paused for the World Cup. It's never happened before. It's still going to be damned hot in Qatar, even in December though. On current form I'm not optimistic for England's chances.

Comment

seriously though - a World Cup thread will need to be started. Certainly not by me. As I know less about “soccer” leagues , than, well, prob almost everyone here. Lol.

is there a US team? Not that it would prob matter. Guess I gotta brush up quick. 😉
                        Hello Gtkgasman! The US made it into the World Cup and landed in group B along with England, Iran, and Wales. It's been quite some time since our men have made it to a World Cup so I'm hoping they give us something to root for but it's going to be an uphill battle just to get to the Round of 16 and once there moving forward is extremely tough. I will be shocked if they make it out of group play.

Good schedule here https://digitalhub.fifa.com/m/464f16...h-Schedule.pdf. Enjoy what you can and here's hoping for some good soccer fun!

Comment

Originally posted by kkleinschmidt View Post

Hello Gtkgasman! The US made it into the World Cup and landed in group B along with England, Iran, and Wales. It's been quite some time since our men have made it to a World Cup so I'm hoping they give us something to root for but it's going to be an uphill battle just to get to the Round of 16 and once there moving forward is extremely tough. I will be shocked if they make it out of group play.

Good schedule here https://digitalhub.fifa.com/m/464f16...h-Schedule.pdf. Enjoy what you can and here's hoping for some good soccer fun!

Ohhh. Excellent. Thx!!!!

Comment

Caught up with EUFA highlights. Just European teams. No Brazil or Argentina. France again look strong. Mbappe is honestly 5 strides faster than everyone.
                            Serbia look strong. Croatia. England are just off the boil. Hangover from losin' the final of the Euros?
                            Spain look good as do Portugal. Germany are young and fast. Blitzkreig? Holland look strong.

The Socceroos have actually played in Qatar often recently but don't expect them to get out of the group. Low expectations.

Gonna get Optus+ again to watch most games I can. Hopin' England can go deep. Though I hope Wales can give them "some Welsh sugar!!!"
                            Will enjoy France.

Click image for larger version

Name:	images.jpeg-260.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	27061
                            Last edited by Gilly Goodness; 09-25-2022, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Lots of World Cup hype graphics during the NFL games today on Fox.

Comment

Then again noone is unbeatable.
                                Denmark 2 France nil.

Comment

Working...
                                X