Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Football! Footie! Fußball! Fútbol! And of course Soccer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well spose I could watch a livestream countdown of NASA's Artemis 1. Or.

Thanks to the good people at DAZN and youtube. Sam Kerr's Chelsea English champs V Lyon France's champ at a pumpin' Providence Park, home of Portland Thorns. 11am. Sweet.

Lyon feature my crush Delphine Cascarino, Adamine Henry and The Great Horan. Renard is out. Ellie Carpenter injured with ACL.

Chelsea has Sam, Penille Harder, Erin Cuthbert. Bright on bench.

Gonna enjoy. No pressure. Pre season friendly.
    Last edited by Gilly Goodness; 08-17-2022, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Kerr-pow!!!

Comment

IN EMMA WE TRUST

Click image for larger version

Name:	FaogUEzUsAAM5yP.jpeg.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	123.8 KB
ID:	23961

So again thanks to the good people at DAZN and yt.
        Chelsea play Portland Thorns at Providence Park for third. Lyon play Monterey for championship. 10am down here. Sweet!

So really good preparation for upcomin' season.
        Attached Files

Comment

I got into real Football about 20 years ago. First it was international play then I followed some Americans at Ajax and then I got into the EPL. I've been pulling for Tottenham for over 10 years now. My town here in NY has a local Spurs Chapter and they open the pub for us as early as 7 am for matches. It's wonderful. I've got a real good feeling about this year. Of course any football match the ends with out an Arsenal win is a good match in my book.
          “Not a single philosophic, moral, aesthetic or biological discovery allows the denial of God.” ~ Salvador Dali

Comment

A full schedule of Premier League games midweek, four tonight, five tomorrow, and the last on Thursday when Leicester play Manchester United. They're all in BT which I have so I can watch them. Opted for Fulham v Brighton tonight just on a hunch and got treated to a cracking contest. A well-deserved 2 - 1 win for Fulham.
            I freely admit to a hefty dollop of schadenfreude at Chelsea losing to Southampton.
            Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
            Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

Comment

[QUOTE=Ash

I freely admit to a hefty dollop of schadenfreude

.[/QUOTE]

....now. While watchin' All Black pundits Sir John Kirwan and others hollowed out emotionally by Argentina beatin' them for the first time on Kiwi soil.

Kirwan got a knighthood for standin' on the side waitin' for an overlap to score? A knighthood for that? Musta paid Prince Charlie's charity $NZ 3,000,000 in a paper bag. Like Adam Clayton standin' on the side of U2, playin' ponderous bass. Some guys have all the luck.

Anyhoo. Back to the Round Ball stuff.
              The Matildas play 2 friendlies V Canada in Brissie and then in the new spankin' stadium next to the ol' lady SCG. Lookin' forward to seeing Her Kerrness link with Mary Fowler.

Click image for larger version  Name:	images.jpeg-225.jpg Views:	0 Size:	67.9 KB ID:	24924

Click image for larger version  Name:	images.jpeg-226.jpg Views:	0 Size:	30.6 KB ID:	24923

Last edited by Gilly Goodness; 08-30-2022, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilly Goodness View Post

....now. While watchin' All Black pundits Sir John Kirwan and others hollowed out emotionally by Argentina beatin' them for the first time on Kiwi soil.

Kirwan got a knighthood for standin' on the side waitin' for an overlap to score. A knighthood for that? Musta paid Prince Charlie's charity $NZ 3,000,000 in a paper bag. Like Adam Clayton standin' on the side of U2, playin' ponderous bass. Some guys have all the luck.

Anyhoo. Back to the Round Ball stuff.
                The Matildas play 2 friendlies V Canada in Brissie and then in the new spankin' stadium next to the ol' lady SCG. Lookin' forward to seeing Her Kerrness link with Mary Fowler.

Name:	images.jpeg-225.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	24924

Name:	images.jpeg-226.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	24923

The ongoing and thoroughly tedious and protracted transfer of Wesley Fofana from Leicester to Chelsea has caused a lot of ill-feeling among Foxes fans, and it's had a deleterious effect on the whole team. It's not the first time Fofana has behaved in this fashion; he similarly downed-tools to come from Saint Etienne to Leicester three years ago. I'm sorry to see him go. He's an outstanding young defender, world-class, but to be blunt, we don't need this shit.

Comment

Reassuring news after the upheavals of Schmeichel leaving and the bitterness that has surrounded Fofana heading to Chelsea. I don't know this lad but we've done well with our recruitment of French and Belgian players in the past, and the Foxes have ties with several clubs in both France and Flanders, so I'm reasonably optimistic about this. He won't feature tonight against Man Utd, but his international clearance may come through in time for him to join the squad for Sunday's game at Brighton and Hove Albion.
                  He'll have to lose the hair though. Shades of David Luiz is too much....
                  Leicester City sign defender Wout Faes from French club Reims on a five-year contract.

Comment

Name:	FbNqNsmXoAQwaeL?format=jpg&name=large.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	173.9 KB
ID:	25033

On or off sides? What say you?

Comment

Originally posted by kkleinschmidt View Post

Name:	FbNqNsmXoAQwaeL?format=jpg&name=large.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	173.9 KB
ID:	25033

On or off sides? What say you?
                      Well off-side!

Comment

Even Ted Lasso could see that!

Comment

This match was between Cincinnati and Columbus, which is known as the Hell Is Real match because there is a billboard along the highway between these two cities that says exactly that, and it had important playoff implications. Cincinnati needed to win but of course there was no off sides called (they even had a chance to review it but didn't), Columbus scored and scored again in the last minute of stoppage time (6 minutes which was overly generous) and it ended in a 2-2 draw.

Comment

Brendan Rodgers: Leicester 'not the same club' after Man Utd loss and transfer woe - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62761727

Comment

THE FESTIVAL OF FOOTBALL

Outrageous smorgasbord of footy for fathers to enjoy today for Fathers Day. Too much sport is never enough. Let's checkout what's goin' on?

1 New 850 million buckarooni stadium next to the SCG opened last night for local derby between Rusty Crowe's Rabbitohs V the Roosters. Chooks won.

2. Collingwood Magpies who my brother supports up against it in first final at MCG. Expectin' 90,000 odd wacky Melbournians. They take it very seriously. Australian Rules.

3. Ayla Tomljanovic battlin' Serena in front of 24,000 loud dopesmokin' NooYorkers. Fuggetaboutit!!! 1 set apiece. Tasty....ongoin'.

4. Aussie T20 team V Zimbabwe

5. The Matildas led by Sam Kerr V the Olympic champs Canada with grandma Christine Sinclair. Up in the Brown Snake City, Brisnane.

6. The Wallabies V the Springboks at new stadium in Sydney tonight. The Boks are p*ssed at losin'last week. Expect Fap de Klerk to fap himself senseless. Hehehehheeee.

So. Go you good things. Natives in our Native Land.
                              Under the Southern Cross I stand!!! A sprig of wattle in our hand. 😍

Plus my sister-in-law has made her famous butter chicken for lunch.
                              Last edited by Gilly Goodness; 09-05-2022, 11:20 PM.

Comment

Name:	Fb7fkVQUsAI_552.jpeg.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	25393

Looks good. New 850,000,000 buckarooni stadium next to the ol' girl the SCG. State of the art rectangular stadium. Caterin' includes meat pies and "dead horse".
                                Also blue cheese gnocchi and somethin' called cheese-burger spring rolls!!!??? Fine wine and craft beers. Not a bad seat in the joint. Venue for WOSO World cup semi next year. Final to be at Sydney Olympic stadium.

Tonight Sam Kerr leads the Matildas against Canada again. Canada did Canada things in the previous friendly. 1-0. Defensively solid and put away their chance. A worldie by the scrummy Leon.

Girls really need a confidence buildin' win.

Comment

Working...
                                X