Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Football! Footie! Fußball! Fútbol! And of course Soccer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gilly Goodness View Post
    WEMBLEY STADIUM SOLD OUT AGAIN

For October clash between the USWNT and the Lionesses. Two heavyweights up against eachother and if Captain Morgan scores will she dare repeat the "tea sippin'" routine in front of 87,000 ???

Click image for larger version

Name:	images.jpeg-178.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	22763
    Wow that would be fun! Looks like she's smoking a blunt to me...

Would love to go of course but October 7 is not going to happen.

Comment

⚽ PREMIER LEAGUE PREDICTIONS ⚽

🏆Champions:
      4️⃣ Top Four:
      ⚽ Top Scorer:
      👟Top Assists:
      🔻 Relegated:
      🙋‍♂️First Manager Sacked:
      🥇Best Player:
      🚽 Biggest Flop:

I've gone for:

🏆Champions: Man City
      4️⃣ Top Four: Man City, Spurs, Liverpool, Arsenal
      ⚽ Top Scorer: Haaland
      👟Top Assists: Maddison
      🔻 Relegated: Fulham, Forest, Leeds
      🙋‍♂️First Manager Sacked: Brendan Rodgers
      🥇Best Player: Nunez
      🚽 Biggest Flop: Saha
      Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
      Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

Comment

Covering my haul of new books while watching the footie: Fulham v Liverpool. If you look carefully, or pinch-zoom on my telly, you can see the ball leave Mitrovic's foot and head towards the Liverpool goal.... ⚽

Comment

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	61155949-11089765-Mrs_Vardy_applauds_during_the_match_on_Sunday_afternoon_in_which-a-7_1659899647139.jpg Views:	0 Size:	230.1 KB ID:	22998

Rebekha was there too. Havin' a good time. Jamie set to play every match this season to help pay her legal costs. Poor bugger 😂

# overtime vardy
            Last edited by Gilly Goodness; 08-07-2022, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Sarr scores crazy goal for Watford v West Brom this evening.

Comment

Enjoyin' the U20 womens world cup. Free to air. In Costa Rica. The Young Matildas too classy for host nation. 3-1.

The tournament where Christine Sinclair, Marta and Alex Morgan announced themselves previously.

Maybe the names Gallagher, Galic and Lemon will become famous in the future?

Name:	297438873_5670294469660003_4127764000433425635_n.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	23171
                Last edited by Gilly Goodness; 08-10-2022, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Comment

Name:	1827.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	23301

Sorry Chloe Kelly, famous Lioness and Man City player. You just got Kerr-powed!!!! In new FIFA23 game.

Comment

So yeah, we lost a 6-goal game to Arsenal 4-2 but Man Utd bottom? MAN UTD BOTTOM! With a GD of -5 after just two games? Out-fucking-standing!
                      🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂😂

Comment

Name:	images.jpeg-192.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	13.0 KB
ID:	23388

"Mama Mia! Can it get any worse?"

Comment

I wonder if Eriksen is thinking he should have stayed at Brentford...
                          Worst start to a season for Man Utd for 101 years!

Comment

⚽❤️
                            A winner!
                            Sue Foulkes says she was in trouble for playing the sport, which was banned in the UK for women.

Comment

Originally posted by Ash Armstrong View Post
                              ⚽❤️
                              A winner!
                              Very nice, a real sense of justice and fair play involved.
                              After the war crowds of 50,000 would watch women play. Then it just got banned. Must be a story in that.

My involvement in Woso started quite innocently as back 13 years or so on Saturday afternoons on ABC TV they'd show woso league games. Watchin' Perth Glory play Sydney FC I noticed a small chubby kid do amazin'things. The only player on the pitch doin' one touch football. She had amazin' vision. Balance. Power.
                              The 15 year old was Sam Kerr.

Name:	download.jpeg-18.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	23504

She quickly joined the Matildas with Lisa de Vanna and Kyah Simon and Caitlin Foord and Emily Van Egmond. I was hooked. World cups. Their reputation grew. They would alternate between here and the US. So followed Sam at the Chicago Red Stars with Julie Ertz and Yuki Nagasato. Full games on youtube.

Then we climbed to number 4 in the world after beatin' the US in Seattle. Unfortunately that was a mere purple patch and we are back at #12. So realistically we won't trouble the US next year but England or Germany might.

Just like the vibe of woso. The people aren't paid stupid money to play. In fact have struggled to do it. Workin' other jobs. Atmosphere is great at live games. No booin'. No violence. Young girls and boys in the crowd. Players don't feign injury. Abuse refs.

We play Canada soon at Sydney's shinin' new stadium next to the SCG. Bring it on. Meanwhile the WSL is back in preseason trainin' so Sam is back at Chelsea with 5 or 6 other National captains. Hopefully to go further in the Euro Champions League.
                              Last edited by Gilly Goodness; 08-14-2022, 08:29 PM.

Comment

SAM WATCH 2022

Click image for larger version  Name:	FaO-gyAX0AkKPLt.jpeg.jpg Views:	1 Size:	66.2 KB ID:	23582

Nice ride. Sam Kerr is in Portland Oregan as Chelsea Women take on Lyon in the Champion Clubs Tournament. Preseason tournament. Kerr V Renard. Hegerberg V Bright.
                                Last edited by Gilly Goodness; 08-15-2022, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X