Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Football! Footie! Fußball! Fútbol! And of course Soccer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gilly Goodness View Post
    Tòoooooooone!!!!!
    Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
    Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

Comment

1-1 Magull

England need to lift again

Comment

KELĹLLLLLLLLLLY!!!!!

Off comes the top. '😝

Iconic!!!

Keep goin' you things!!!!

Comment

HOME. IT'S HOME. FOOTBALL IS HOME !!!!

Enjoy the celebrations.

Comment

SWEET CAROLINE

Neil Diamond to earn £1,000,000
            today in streamin'

Every 22 players are black and blue. Tough tough tough game!

Comment

Comment

That was quite a match! I'm super happy that it did not end in PKs. Of course it's wonderful seeing England actually win something big time, and it's even better that they were able to get it done against the Germans.

Comment

THE WASHUP

That was a tough,gritty game with more late challenges than I've seen in a long while. Felt sorry for the Ukrainian ref who had to keep dolin' out yellow cards.
                  What else could she do? After losin' Popp in the warmup, to a muscle strain Germany must have doubledowned on physically ampin' up?
                  Oberdorf especially bossed Kirby, Mead and Hemp. Blunted England's fluent attack.

Germany had England rockin' at 1-1. They had all the runnin' and controlled possession and tempo in midfield. Until the subs came on,
                  Toone, Russo and Scott energised. Then Kelly energised the crowd. Before her goal. But first a word on Jill Scott.

To me she was the difference. She came on and controlled the ball and tempo. Stole balls. Nice touches. She's old, all knees and elbows, always zany, owns a cafe,
                  always buzzin'. What a game to change and win. She wrestled momentum off the Germans.

Now Kelly is a good story. Comin' back from an ACL injury. She was great gesticulatin' to the crowd after she won a corner. Would've given
                  her teammates a lift. The poacher's goal. The top comes off. Iconic. Chastain-like. Absolute scenes.

So Germany showed courage and had their chances. Oberdorf is world class. Magull tried her heart out. Look forward to seein'
                  both teams downunder next year for the WC.

Bronze, playin' through knee pain was immense. In everythin'.
                  Captain Williamson cool calm classy. Bright strong. Impregnable. Daly brave. Walsh composed classy.
                  Mead ran to exhaustion.

So MBE's for all of them? An honourary Damehood for Sarina?

An opentopped double decker parade thru London?

It's home.

Comment

Comment

I think they're enjoying themselves..

Comment

TRAGALGAR SQUARE Q & A MONDAY

Bring some bread for the pigeons and bring some questions for Sarina and the Lionesses tomorrow.

First come, first served. Free event. Expect spontaneous outbreaks of Sweet Caroline. On the Beeb. As well.

Click image for larger version

Name:	5077.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	22559

Comment

7,000 PEOPLE BUNK OFF WORK TO CELEBRATE THE LIONESSES IN TRAFALGAR SQUARE

Name:	7359.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	22603

OK. it's hard to begrudge the Pommies their success as they do it with such style.
                          Alex Scott MC. Kasabian start with song and montage of highlights. Trafalgar Square. Everyone has a flag.
                          Pop music and Soccer. Wonderful union. Lots of nice speeches and THEN....

SWEET CAROLINE

And all the team form a chorus line and perfectly kick out their legs in perfect time.

SHOWSTOPPER!!!!

later Rachel Daly will perform Mountain High. What a gas!!!

and as she did yesterday, Jill Scott steals the show. A legend. All knees and elbows!!!
                          Last edited by Gilly Goodness; 08-01-2022, 03:21 PM.

Comment

UK PRESENTER GOES FULL ALAN PARTRIDGE

Click image for larger version  Name:	0_JSR_MEN_020822_GMB_02.jpg Views:	2 Size:	70.1 KB ID:	22671

Heroine Chloe Kelly was on Good Mornin' Britain today bein' interviewed by Kate Garroway and Richard Maddeley when at the end Maddeley thanked Chloe or should he say "Coco" because that's what he calls his own daughter Chloe.

Cute or creepy? You decide.
                            Last edited by Gilly Goodness; 08-02-2022, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilly Goodness View Post
                              UK PRESENTER GOES FULL ALAN PARTRIDGE

Click image for larger version Name:	0_JSR_MEN_020822_GMB_02.jpg Views:	2 Size:	70.1 KB ID:	22671

Heroine Chloe Kelly was on Good Mornin' Britain today bein' interviewed by Kate Garroway and Richard Maddeley when at the end Maddeley thanked Chloe or should he say "Coco" because that's what he calls his own daughter Chloe.

Cute or creepy? You decide.
                              It's Madeley. He's a thoroughgoing creep of the first order. Takes Partidge and runs with it.

Comment

WEMBLEY STADIUM SOLD OUT AGAIN

For October clash between the USWNT and the Lionesses. Two heavyweights up against eachother and if Captain Morgan scores will she dare repeat the "tea sippin'" routine in front of 87,000 ???

Name:	images.jpeg-178.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	22763

Comment

Working...
                                X