Sit/Stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sit/Stand

Joe needs a card that tells him when TAKE YOUR SEAT, SAY HELLO, YOU THANK PEOPLE, YOU DEPART. Can't make this stuff up. Kinda sad.

Trump needs a card that tells him to TAKE BUS, SAY HELLO, GRAB PUSSY, DEPART DOWN RAMP VERY SLOWLY. Sad.

Comment

Funny thing, I remember clearly, almost twenty years later, the day I got married, and the months of stresses leading up to that day, the moment guests started to arrive, completely blanking on everything from what was going on, possibly who I was, or what what the plan was. If you steered me into a room, I would have gone. If you'd told me my name was Bob, I might have nodded my head. I probably asked many of my closest friends "Who are you?" Fortunately I had a best man assigned to handle everything, and all I needed to do was focus on the important thing, getting married.

I'm no great lover of any recent presidents, but I'll admit and acknowledge the incredible pressure they must be under daily to be here, speak some words, shake some hands, and ultimately make some decisions convincing someone somewhere to take an action. The cards aren't important, the decisions are. Focus on the decisions, because everything else is a distraction.

Comment

He didn’t need a cue card to tell Trump to shut up.
        “Well ain’t life grand when you finally hit it?”-David Lee Roth

Comment

Originally posted by 1yesfan View Post
          Joe needs a card that tells him when TAKE YOUR SEAT, SAY HELLO, YOU THANK PEOPLE, YOU DEPART. Can't make this stuff up. Kinda sad.
          It amazes me how insulated and protected sloppy old Joe is by virtually all the mainstream media. Hard to make that up.

Comment

Originally posted by Yesed View Post

It amazes me how insulated and protected sloppy old Joe is by virtually all the mainstream media. Hard to make that up.
            Joe Biden currently has a 39% approval rating. If the mainstream media is insulating and protecting him they are clearly doing about as good a job as an old ripped up, worn, duct taped pair of Chucks does of insulating and protecting your feet.

“Well ain’t life grand when you finally hit it?”-David Lee Roth

Comment

Originally posted by Frumious B View Post

Joe Biden currently has a 39% approval rating. If the mainstream media is insulating and protecting him they are clearly doing about as good a job as an old ripped up, worn, duct taped pair of Chucks does of insulating and protecting your feet.
              Not necessarily complaining, that protection is keeping us safe from Kamila.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	images.jpeg-140.jpg Views:	0 Size:	20.0 KB ID:	20087

Kamila? She looks nice enough. Don't be scared. Though she is Russian. 😉 She's the current Euro champion. The Valeyevnas, her parents must be very proud.
                Last edited by Gilly Goodness; 06-25-2022, 08:11 PM.

Comment

I think some are misunderstanding the likely intent of a list like that. It's not that the man needs instructions in order to enter the room and hold a conversation, it's that he's gregarious and this type of note is probably something he asked for in order to keep him on task. It's like if I taped a post-it to my computer monitor saying "Make your point. No more than one example. Hit send. Don't ramble. Be SUCCINCT.". It's not that I need directions in front of me to make a post on the Internet, it would be to keep my focus on a hypothetical goal to stop posting novel-sized messages.

A President has a busy schedule and sometimes is walking in and out of 15 rooms or events a day. If a 5 minute thing turns into him chatting for an hour, that schedule can get blown to hell pretty fast.

The other thing is that my understanding is, and this was ommitted from the discussion on the thread to this point, that in the middle of all that other stuff was a reminder to turn and ask a question to a specific person who was only virtually in the room via some sort of video chat. Imagine you've got a tight schedule with a zillion of these things every day and it's politically important that you ask one or two specific people at every one of them questions, that you not ask other people questions, and, oh yeah, the person you need to ask a question to is easy to miss because she's not literally in the room with you and other people are, and you're a 78 year old politician who's spent your entire life primarily interacting with people in the flesh right up until maybe a few years ago.

Really, I think the core thing here was to get in and get out on schedule and having shown that you care about the opinion of someone you need to deliver you votes (Not in a shady way- just traditional politicial organizing).

Also relevant, since I've seen people try to say that this is evidence of cognitive decline, is that the instructions or reminder had only the name of the person he was going to ask the question to. It was taken for granted that he could recognize her, understand her significance to him, and come up with a good relevant question to ask on the fly. If he was experiencing cognitive decline, the list would have had to script all of those elements.

Being an American President is not an easy job if you're going to do it right. There are a lot of ceremonial head of state type obligations that a monarch or royal family would handle in other countries, and then also head of government type obligations that a Prime Minister would handle in other countries. It's two jobs rolled into one. When you do it right.

I think Joe is doing a remarkable job in restoring some sembelence of what a President is supposed to be to the Oval Office after Trump really took the whole position way off the rails in the last term. He's not only had to withstand the obvious criticism from the right-wing, but also some pressure from select progressives who want him to be the leftwing equivalent of Trump and just do anything he can get away with using his office to do instead of sticking to the role he believes a President should have. He's attempting to restore the old bipartisan order and rule of law rather than just seeing his position as a way to advance an agenda or push back against the other party at all costs.
                  Last edited by downbyariver; 06-25-2022, 11:11 PM.
                  "A lot of the heavier conversations I was having with Chris toward the end were about his desire for this thing to go forward. He kept reiterating that to me. [...] He kept telling me, 'No matter what happens, Yes needs to continue moving forward and make great music. So promise me that that's something you want to do.'. And I have to keep making music. It's just what I do. [...] I'm a fan of the band and I want to see it thrive and that means new music." -Billy Sherwood

Comment

Originally posted by downbyariver View Post
                    I think some are misunderstanding the likely intent of a list like that. It's not that the man needs instructions in order to enter the room and hold a conversation, it's that he's gregarious and this type of note is probably something he asked for in order to keep him on task. It's like if I taped a post-it to my computer monitor saying "Make your point. No more than one example. Hit send. Don't ramble. Be SUCCINCT.". It's not that I need directions in front of me to make a post on the Internet, it would be to keep my focus on a hypothetical goal to stop posting novel-sized messages.

A President has a busy schedule and sometimes is walking in and out of 15 rooms or events a day. If a 5 minute thing turns into him chatting for an hour, that schedule can get blown to hell pretty fast.

The other thing is that my understanding is, and this was ommitted from the discussion on the thread to this point, that in the middle of all that other stuff was a reminder to turn and ask a question to a specific person who was only virtually in the room via some sort of video chat. Imagine you've got a tight schedule with a zillion of these things every day and it's politically important that you ask one or two specific people at every one of them questions, that you not ask other people questions, and, oh yeah, the person you need to ask a question to is easy to miss because she's not literally in the room with you and other people are, and you're a 78 year old politician who's spent your entire life primarily interacting with people in the flesh right up until maybe a few years ago.

Really, I think the core thing here was to get in and get out on schedule and having shown that you care about the opinion of someone you need to deliver you votes (Not in a shady way- just traditional politicial organizing).

Also relevant, since I've seen people try to say that this is evidence of cognitive decline, is that the instructions or reminder had only the name of the person he was going to ask the question to. It was taken for granted that he could recognize her, understand her significance to him, and come up with a good relevant question to ask on the fly. If he was experiencing cognitive decline, the list would have had to script all of those elements.

Being an American President is not an easy job if you're going to do it right. There are a lot of ceremonial head of state type obligations that a monarch or royal family would handle in other countries, and then also head of government type obligations that a Prime Minister would handle in other countries. It's two jobs rolled into one. When you do it right.

I think Joe is doing a remarkable job in restoring some sembelence of what a President is supposed to be to the Oval Office after Trump really took the whole position way off the rails in the last term. He's not only had to withstand the obvious criticism from the right-wing, but also some pressure from select progressives who want him to be the leftwing equivalent of Trump and just do anything he can get away with using his office to do instead of sticking to the role he believes a President should have. He's attempting to restore the old bipartisan order and rule of law rather than just seeing his position as a way to advance an agenda or push back against the other party at all costs.
                    I love your posts Mr. Downbytheriver but my God what kind of vodka are you putting in your bloody Mary's?

Biden is the laughing stock of the world..

Comment

speaking as a Brit I haven't been impressed by American politics much at all during my lifetime actually, though it's easy to criticize other places' way of life.

If I were over there I would probably have been a Bernie supporter, someone who would've pushed for some of the changes I believe the USA would benefit from, a new Franklin Roosevelt figure is needed in my opinion.

Healthcare is a chief policy that should be reworked. Instead of propping up big pharma, I think the American people would benefit immensely from a centrailsed or state network health care system paid for from taxing the excessively wealthy (those with millions and up) combined with a slight decrease in military spending per annum.

The gun issue is another big one to me, where gun violence is off the charts compared to other countries simply because of the accessibility of firearms, it is not safer to have these weapons within easy reach it just heightens the risk of killings happening whether en masse or in accidental fashion.

This abortion issue just makes me confused, does America really think that little of women's rights?

I do love the American people, I visited Tennessee during the Bush years a couple of times and had a good impression, but I fear that policies are becoming worse and divisions wider. I am interested to hear more from the Republican side as there are always two sides of the argument, I have a UK centric point of view.
                      The Definitive YES Albums

-The Yes Album-Fragile-Close to the Edge-Tales From Topographic Oceans-
                      -Relayer-Going for the One-Drama-90125-Big Generator-Union-Talk-
                      -The Ladder-Magnification-Fly From Here-The Quest-

Comment

Originally posted by soundchaser09 View Post
                        speaking as a Brit I haven't been impressed by American politics much at all during my lifetime actually, though it's easy to criticize other places' way of life.

If I were over there I would probably have been a Bernie supporter, someone who would've pushed for some of the changes I believe the USA would benefit from, a new Franklin Roosevelt figure is needed in my opinion.

Healthcare is a chief policy that should be reworked. Instead of propping up big pharma, I think the American people would benefit immensely from a centrailsed or state network health care system paid for from taxing the excessively wealthy (those with millions and up) combined with a slight decrease in military spending per annum.

The gun issue is another big one to me, where gun violence is off the charts compared to other countries simply because of the accessibility of firearms, it is not safer to have these weapons within easy reach it just heightens the risk of killings happening whether en masse or in accidental fashion.

This abortion issue just makes me confused, does America really think that little of women's rights?

I do love the American people, I visited Tennessee during the Bush years a couple of times and had a good impression, but I fear that policies are becoming worse and divisions wider. I am interested to hear more from the Republican side as there are always two sides of the argument, I have a UK centric point of view.
                        The Republicans or conservatives make the following arguments.

1. Conservatives want all laws need to be enforced. Not just the ones you like. Immigration laws are not being enforced. In fact the invasion of illegals is at historic levels along with sex trafficking, drugs and even terrorists

2. When you handcuff the police and crime is out of control people who are law abiding citizens will arm themselves to protect their families and property.

3. Conservatives want their children to be educated in reading writing and arithmetic. NOT CRT!

4. Conservatives do not machines made in Canada that have been shown that they can be hacked to count election ballots. They want hand counting with 1 democrat and 1 Republican counting.

5. Healthcare as in the ACA is already free and available to the poor and low income folks.. What you want is already available here..

6. Conservatives do not want their bought and paid for politicians sending 40 billion to a corrupt Ukranain government whereby the leaders will put the $ in their numbered Swiss Bank accounts..

7. Conservatives want the leaders to focus on the monumental problems here; not interfering in other countries affairs where are national interests are not involved.

8. Conservatives want power returned to the states with the decentralization of the corrupt Federal government.

The United States is in total decline. 30 trillion in debt with 2 trillion or more in yearly deficits forever. Massive Trade deficits with China due to the disastrous trade agreements made by Clinton in the 1990's. The middle class is bankrupt and broke.. Crime is out of control. Illegals are spreading drugs and sex trafficking to our neighborhoods.

Secession of the conservative states is coming. A monumental financial collapse is coming.

Comment

Funny how when I saw the title of this thread I thought it was going to be on the subject of sitting or standing for the national anthem. And I was ready to interject.

Darn.

Ahhh. I will anyway even if off topic while I’m here. STAND!!!!!!!(if you are able) 😊

As for the topic - Joe is out of his realm, in over his head, and is a failure to America (includes his VP also). All GOP next election, no matter who they roll out.

Comment

Originally posted by alex peters View Post

I love your posts Mr. Downbytheriver but my God what kind of vodka are you putting in your bloody Mary's?

Biden is the laughing stock of the world..
                            You apparently need to get out in the world more, because you don't seem to live in reality in how "the world" looks at the US and at your President.

Comment

Originally posted by RedSonja View Post
                              Funny how when I saw the title of this thread I thought it was going to be on the subject of sitting or standing for the national anthem. And I was ready to interject.

Darn.

Ahhh. I will anyway even if off topic while I’m here. STAND!!!!!!!(if you are able) 😊

As for the topic - Joe is out of his realm, in over his head, and is a failure to America (includes his VP also). All GOP next election, no matter who they roll out.
                              You are now on the Administrative States list of deplorables

Comment

Working...
                              X