Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guess the year of the first EU sanctions against the USA

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Guess the year of the first EU sanctions against the USA

    The USA started an extremist approach to human rights this year, and the SCOTUS overturning Roe v Wade after the almost universal uproar in the country and the world, it's obvious these religious zealots don't care.

    So let's bet which states will ban contraceptives first, which state will ban gay marriage, and which state will ban interracial marriage first.
    And let's bet which of these will start the EU sanctions first.


    The people in the world see that the USA is approaching the extremist level of Iran, Afghanistan and some African countries, but it's more relevant as a trading country than those, and is still a mega military power.

    So which straw will break the camel's back?

    #2
    Also there's a good question too, will the USA start to export Christian zealotry to countries that are not complying to its extreme views like it used to "export democracy"?

    Comment


      #3
      Justice Clarence Thomas wrote alone in a concurring opinion explicitly calling for the court to revisit landmark rulings on contraceptives and gay marriage.

      Comment


        #4
        From a constitutional legal angle Ginsburg even said Roe was not well written and did not think it would hold up.

        What SCOTUS did was not ban abortions but send it back to the States. The fact is all nations go down when power is centralized. The Federal government is now out of control.. If it is not reformed and broken apart with power given back to the states it is over for America..

        At this point it is probably over already. 30 trillion in debt with 2 trillion in debt in perpetuity. The collapse is inevitable. All the homeless littering the streets is an indication

        The Constitution nowhere gives the Federal government the power to universally tell the states whether to legalize or ban abortions. Roe was overturned for this reason. I believe it was also overturned because the Left ultimately wants abortion on demand even at the time of birth. The SCOTUS got tired of the never ending litigation and overturned Roe saying let the states decide. The fact is a majority want abortion banned after 15 weeks.


        If you want abortion move to California, New Youk, Illinois or any of the other 25 states that will allow it.

        But forget all the liberal hysteria. Abortion was not banned
        with Roe being overturned. It was sent back to the individual State legislatures to decide . The Constitution won!

        Comment


          #5
          Do you know the Wall, Alex? Not the one Trump's goons embezzled money from. and never got made, but the album by Pink Floyd. Well you are the judge character from it that's talking out of his ass.

          ​​​​​​Several states already banned abortions even for rape victims. Also banned in-vitro fertilizations because not all ferilized eggs get implanted. Some are already planning laws to ban contraception.

          You can't push technicalities anymore. You can be either for clerical fashizm or against it.

          If a couple must not have their own child because they can't conceive naturally, but an underage girl is forced to give birth to a deformed baby cuased by incest rape is not leftist hysteria.

          That's forcibly removing of human rights. That's what the Nazis did, that's what the Taliban do. That's what the clerical extremist right does in the USA in 2022.

          So what are you for, Alex?
          Last edited by pjt; 06-25-2022, 04:48 AM.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by pjt View Post
            Do you know the Wall, Alex? Not the one Trump's goons embezzled money from. and never got made, but the album by Pink Floyd. Well you are the judge character from it that's talking out of his ass.

            ​​​​​​Several states already banned abortions even for rape victims. Also banned in-vitro fertilizations because not all ferilized eggs get implanted. Some are already planning laws to ban contraception.

            You can't push technicalities anymore. You can be either for clerical fashizm or against it.

            If a couple must not have their own child because they can't conceive naturally, but an underage girl is forced to give birth to a deformed baby cuased by incest rape is not leftist hysteria.

            That's forcibly removing of human rights. That's what the Nazis did, that's what the Taliban do. That's what the clerical extremist right does in the USA in 2022.

            So what are you for, Alex?
            I preferred Meddle, Atom Heart Mother, Dark Side, Piper and my favorite Wish You Were Here but The Wall is still excellent.

            There are no states PJT that are not going to allow abortions for rape incest etc. None!.

            Dont go out on this fine day and burn down any buildings PJT. The states will decide . There will be plenty of clinics available to abort babies.

            As far as Facism it is the Administrative State that is entrenched in Washington DC that has managed the decline of the United States for over 20 years . Now the order of things are breaking down. The homeless are an indication of this new phase.

            Within 20 years Secession will occur and then you can live wherever you want and bitch at whoever you want in the lawless sewer cities and states that are liberal America

            Comment


              #7
              I'm re-watching Agents of SHIELD right now. You really sound like HYDRA, and sunce it's a TV show it's as cliche and camp as it can be, yet you sound word for word like two dimensional HYDRA villains.

              As for some state laws you are either under informed or an ostrich.

              Comment


                #8
                I would have thought that at some point in the last 50 years that abortion rights would have been codified into Federal law and then this Supreme Court decision would be irrelevant. I think there is a big problem with allowing court decisions, executive orders and so forth to serve as substitutes for actual legislation and laws. Things people assume were “settled” can be very easily undone and swept away. This can happen with laws too, but they are generally more durable and less prone to executive and judicial whims and quirks.
                “Well ain’t life grand when you finally hit it?”-David Lee Roth

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by pjt View Post
                  I'm re-watching Agents of SHIELD right now. You really sound like HYDRA, and sunce it's a TV show it's as cliche and camp as it can be, yet you sound word for word like two dimensional HYDRA villains.

                  As for some state laws you are either under informed or an ostrich.
                  Since Roe has been the law for 50 years how is there states that disallow abortion at all let alone for rape incest etc?

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Frumious B View Post
                    I would have thought that at some point in the last 50 years that abortion rights would have been codified into Federal law and then this Supreme Court decision would be irrelevant. I think there is a big problem with allowing court decisions, executive orders and so forth to serve as substitutes for actual legislation and laws. Things people assume were “settled” can be very easily undone and swept away. This can happen with laws too, but they are generally more durable and less prone to executive and judicial whims and quirks.
                    The Constitution won yesterday. Let the states decide. The Administrative State entrenched in Washington DC has and is ruining America.

                    $5 to $7 gas! Food prices skyrocketing. The stock market is down 20% and housing is in decline. Shortages everywhere. Crime rampant! Corruption everywhere. Interest rates rising. Credit card debt at 1.3 trillion. A clueless senile President

                    30 trillion in debt with 2 trillion annual debt at least in perpetuity. Massive trade deficits.

                    Only the fanatics care about yesterday's opinion. Mothers are worrying about baby formula not available

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Some reading material:

                      "Nonetheless, there are numerous examples of such efforts — going far beyond the banning of abortions after 15 weeks, which is at the crux of the Mississippi law being considered by the Supreme Court. A draft opinion leaked this month suggests the court could use the case to overturn Roe. For example, over the past few months, Oklahoma has passed three laws restricting abortion. The latest one, signed by the governor Wednesday, bans abortion beginning at fertilization, which would, at least in theory, ban both in vitro fertilization and many forms of hormonal birth control. (The Oklahoma bill's sponsor says that is not the law's intent.)"

                      "During debate in the Oklahoma Senate on the strictest of the bans, Republican Sen. Warren Hamilton said he did not think the measure went far enough because it allowed abortions in the case of an ectopic pregnancy, a life-threatening medical emergency in which an embryo is growing outside the uterus.

                      That has horrified some medical professionals. "The fallopian tube and other places a pregnancy can implant cannot support a pregnancy," Dr. Iman Alsaden, an OB-GYN and medical director of Planned Parenthood Great Plains, told reporters at a news conference May 19. "If you continue to let these pregnancies happen, there will be no viable baby afterwards. What will happen is [the fallopian tube] will burst and people will bleed to death."
                      "

                      "At the same time, an increasing number of state legislatures are contemplating bans that do not include exceptions for the health (as opposed to the life) of the pregnant person or for pregnancies resulting from rape or incest. Testifying on her bill in Ohio, GOP state Rep. Jean Schmidt in April told lawmakers that a child resulting from rape would be "an opportunity for that woman, no matter how young or old she is, to make a determination about what she's going to do to help that life be a productive human being.""

                      https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...=1656163831400

                      So yeah if you say that Repbulicans only talking out of their asses, you're right, they usually do. But not in case of being able to take away human rights. Because they are basically assholes.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Alex, please stop spamming your agenda. It's off topic. You're disrupting the conversation with steering it off the topic.
                        You're gonna have this one closed too if there are too many complaints for breaking the rules. I get it, this topic is uncomfortable to you, but at least let others discuss it.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by pjt View Post
                          Some reading material:

                          "Nonetheless, there are numerous examples of such efforts — going far beyond the banning of abortions after 15 weeks, which is at the crux of the Mississippi law being considered by the Supreme Court. A draft opinion leaked this month suggests the court could use the case to overturn Roe. For example, over the past few months, Oklahoma has passed three laws restricting abortion. The latest one, signed by the governor Wednesday, bans abortion beginning at fertilization, which would, at least in theory, ban both in vitro fertilization and many forms of hormonal birth control. (The Oklahoma bill's sponsor says that is not the law's intent.)"

                          "During debate in the Oklahoma Senate on the strictest of the bans, Republican Sen. Warren Hamilton said he did not think the measure went far enough because it allowed abortions in the case of an ectopic pregnancy, a life-threatening medical emergency in which an embryo is growing outside the uterus.

                          That has horrified some medical professionals. "The fallopian tube and other places a pregnancy can implant cannot support a pregnancy," Dr. Iman Alsaden, an OB-GYN and medical director of Planned Parenthood Great Plains, told reporters at a news conference May 19. "If you continue to let these pregnancies happen, there will be no viable baby afterwards. What will happen is [the fallopian tube] will burst and people will bleed to death."
                          "

                          "At the same time, an increasing number of state legislatures are contemplating bans that do not include exceptions for the health (as opposed to the life) of the pregnant person or for pregnancies resulting from rape or incest. Testifying on her bill in Ohio, GOP state Rep. Jean Schmidt in April told lawmakers that a child resulting from rape would be "an opportunity for that woman, no matter how young or old she is, to make a determination about what she's going to do to help that life be a productive human being.""

                          https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...=1656163831400

                          So yeah if you say that Repbulicans only talking out of their asses, you're right, they usually do. But not in case of being able to take away human rights. Because they are basically assholes.
                          Many states have tried to restrict abortion and it has filtered thru the courts. The SCOTUS said enough is enough. Let the states decide. What 1 Republican says means nothing. There are no states that ban abortion for rape/incest. None!

                          Comment


                            #14
                            But back to our scheduled programming.
                            What do you thing, retracting what basic human right will make the EU issue the first sanctions on the US?

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by pjt View Post
                              Alex, please stop spamming your agenda. It's off topic. You're disrupting the conversation with steering it off the topic.
                              You're gonna have this one closed too if there are too many complaints for breaking the rules. I get it, this topic is uncomfortable to you, but at least let others discuss it.
                              No. You are uncomfortable talking about $6 gas, no baby formula, rampant lawlessness, worker shortages, empty grocery store shelves homeless everywhere.

                              My point is the mainstream in America do not care about yesterday's opinion. They are living paycheck to paycheck

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X