What are your thoughts?

This?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ghost-Town-American-West.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	169.1 KB
ID:	19516

Comment

No. No social app for me. They all should be banned except for business accounts

Comment

Is The New Yesfans not a social app?

Comment

Didn't sign up but I went there. They call themselves a 'Big Tent' and say that they don't discriminate based on political ideologies. I kind of doubt that, but don't feel like doing much research right now.

Comment

Originally posted by cjreyes View Post
            Well. I guess it is. Nothing else for me. No twitter, no Facebook. Nothing else

Comment

Originally posted by alex peters View Post
              No. No social app for me. They all should be banned except for business accounts
              Banned? So then where can you free speech? Lol?

Comment

Originally posted by pjt View Post

Banned? So then where can you free speech? Lol?
                They create a toxic situation. And they are not good for children. There is no free speech with Twitter/ Facebook anyway

Comment

It's the Star Trek mirror universe, where Spock has a beard and is a sadist.
                  Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
                  Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

Comment

Originally posted by alex peters View Post

Well. I guess it is. Nothing else for me. No twitter, no Facebook. Nothing else
                    Me too. We should start a club. No, wait...

Comment

Originally posted by Harold Bland View Post
                      Anyone try the Truth Social app?
                      What are your thoughts?
                      Social Media Journalist John Brandon wrote an article for Forbes about three months ago about getting onto Truth Social. You can tell he's dancing around the fact that it's basically useless. He really tries to give an unbiased assessment, as though it's some sort of scientific analysis. He did notice a lot of fake accounts

But if you read between the lines he's really unimpressed. He also mentions that it seems to be nothing more than a promotional advertisement for a Trump 2024 presidential campaign. He says that while very little is going on, there does seem to be a lot of "Truths" (their version of Tweets) from the Trump sons.

The Forbes site comes with a few pop-ups, one of which informs me this is the 1st of 4 free articles.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnbbr...h=598ecf381d8a

NYTimes Journalist Brian Chen also wrote a similar article two months ago, although it's not as thorough as the Forbes article. Even so, Chen found it glitchy, and full of fake accounts. He wrote one sentence, buried amongst the rambling that DID resonate: "To say I was underwhelmed would be an understatement."

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/04/27/t...iew-trump.html

Perhaps the most complete description of the Truth Social 'experience' is from Matt Binder from Mashable. His article, like the Forbes one, is from March. Binder was able to get on in February. He walks you step by step on exactly what happens. He also found it glitchy, and a ghost town. Nothing going on.

https://mashable.com/article/inside-...l-network-tour

The funniest thing that all three articles mention is that it's a ghost town, with nothing going on.
                      Last edited by pianozach; 06-21-2022, 06:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cjreyes View Post
                        This is a message board, not something that adjusts your feed based on what you've looked at or reacted to before. For example, I watched a few dashcam videos on Youtube featuring bad driving and now every time I go back to Youtube it suggests other dashcam videos.

Comment

Originally posted by hammerhead View Post

This is a message board, not something that adjusts your feed based on what you've looked at or reacted to before. For example, I watched a few dashcam videos on Youtube featuring bad driving and now every time I go back to Youtube it suggests other dashcam videos.
                          Haha me too. Dash cam videos out the wazoo for me.

Comment

Do I want to sign up for something that exists because a man who attempted to stay in power via a violent coup and become the first authoritarian fascist dictator of the United States got banned from Twitter and needed somewhere else to post stuff on after his terrorist attack on our capitol city?

I'm going to have to go with "No." on that one.
                            "A lot of the heavier conversations I was having with Chris toward the end were about his desire for this thing to go forward. He kept reiterating that to me. [...] He kept telling me, 'No matter what happens, Yes needs to continue moving forward and make great music. So promise me that that's something you want to do.'. And I have to keep making music. It's just what I do. [...] I'm a fan of the band and I want to see it thrive and that means new music." -Billy Sherwood

Comment

Well...

Comment

Working...
                              X