Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taylor Swift Blows Up Ticketmaster!

https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/17/busin...et-explanation

I had no idea Taylor Swift is as popular as she is so this came as a big surprise to me. As a long suffering TM/LN customer who participated in the Dead's Fare The Well debacle in 2015 I found some measure of amusement hearing about this latest mess, but then I went out and looked at her tour itinerary. Taylor is playing NFL stadiums, which of course are as big as venues get in this part of the world, but not only that she's playing multiple nights in a row in the same city including 5 nights at SoFi in LA, 3 nights in a bunch of cities like Atlanta, Chicago and Dallas, and two nights in all of her other stops (with what looks like space to add more if warranted). I haven't done the math on this but the amount of money being made on this tour has got to be crazy high if not the largest haul ever, and frankly I find the whole deal extremely disturbing.

The only reason Live Nation and TicketMaster were allowed to merge was if they played nicely, and it sure doesn't feel like they are and this is just another example.

Edit - did some math... Looks like she's playing 51 shows and at around 80000 per show that works out to about 4M tickets for 3.5M people who signed up for her special fan presale (which was the largest ever apparently), "normal" fans, and of course the evil ankle biting bots. Assign your own average ticket price and dream of raking in that pile of cash...
    Last edited by kkleinschmidt; 11-17-2022, 02:50 PM.
Working...
X