Yes-Stuff — Cool Swag and more...?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes-Stuff — Cool Swag and more...?!

Hey. So. I Was inspired by Yorkshire’s Steve Hackett pic of album with an autograph. Very cool. And thought I would start a fun thread for folks to post a pic or pics of some of their favorite/odd/cool swag, autograph, etc item that they cherish.

I’m not a big autograph collector, never really was, but have a few, that I like.

Before the ole inter-web I loved stumbling upon some item at a flea market or record store to put in the shelf. Like a button or photo or patch. Those are prob my favorites. Although good ole eBay has allowed me to get some boot lps i never could have found on my own.

So. So long winded right. Lol. I am going to go with these two little items to start. Cause they are right here on a shelf and I feel lazy. But they are fun and special for me. More later if this catches on. Have some fun!!!

1 - on the right. Ticket signed by JA at the TLA in 05. Not really unique. But The special part (to me) is I kept the Cookie he was giving to everyone in line after the show. My buddy ate his immediately. 😆

2 - Yes solid metal logo! My wife made it at an art class a few years ago. Carved (!) a logo in sand (some hard super compacted sand material), reversed, and then they poured the molten metal in, and WaaLaaa! Not easy to get detail in sand. My birthday present that year. 😍. Others she said were doing hearts and stars, etc. She went all out with a very difficult medium to work with. I love it!!!! And her!!!!

And the cut off in the pic is one of those music mirrors you used to win at a carnival or the boardwalk. I can’t remwber which now.

GTK

Click image for larger version

Name:	AB6BA0B0-D0C7-4412-814D-C32C4FBFCB1A.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	1.45 MB
ID:	4438 Click image for larger version

Name:	C0113E0D-8BDD-4383-A268-A4355A3CC52A.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	1.59 MB
ID:	4436 Click image for larger version

Name:	601F25CE-63D4-49A7-AA0F-BBEF8C97BBCA.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	1.60 MB
ID:	4437

OK - first exhibit from me :

Alan White threw to me his drum stick at Wembley Arena at their 35 Anniversary tour.

I have subsequently got this signed in person by : Jon A and his son Damion, Steve (and his son Dylan - I think) , Rick, Trevor, and Roger Dean

Attached Files

Comment

And this is one especially for Square Yorkshire

Click image for larger version

Name:	E41425A2-8BC5-404A-929D-BE11EF3A3E38.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	1.42 MB
ID:	4440

Comment

You realise I won't sleep tonight now... 🤣🤣🤣

Comment

😆😆😆. He knows you well. Lol.

As Mr Holland eluded to, I have to dust off and polish up my separate wing of ARW stuff first, before I can take a proper pic. 😉

Ash has got to have something tremendously cool and/or odd from all that classic experience!!!!

Edit -arw - posted is a nice autograph below - hook for this one is a fan gave this to my wife in philly. He had a couple from the meet and greet. Nice guy!!!!
          Last edited by Gtkgasman; 01-06-2022, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Comment

Fun! I definitely have a few, but I’ll start with this one. In 2005 my girlfriend and a few friends went to New York to just have some fun, etc. She surprised me when we got there by showing me a pair of tickets for Jon Anderson solo at BB King’s. Wow! Earlier that year we travelled to NY to see Yes at Madison Square Garden as a Highschool graduation present to ourselves. That was her first Yes show, and my 2nd. Anyway, Jon was amazing, of course, and he did a little meet and greet afterwards. Security was pretty intense, and they were yelling at people to not take photos. When I got up to Jon in the line, he kind of shot me a mischievous smile as he noticed the camera in my hand… he grabbed it, pulled me in for a hug, and attempted to take what we now call a selfie with my camera. Here’s the result of Jon’s photography, and one of my girlfriend’s (now wife) photos from the show.

Edit: we saw Yes at MSG in 2004, not ‘05… Brian fart. We were hoping to attend the More Drama tour in 2005. Speaking of cancellations, I have ticket stubs somewhere for the 3rd row seats we splurged on for the Close to The Edge and Back tour in 2007. Talk about being crushed.
              Last edited by Chrisklenox; 01-06-2022, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisklenox View Post
                Fun! I definitely have a few, but I’ll start with this one. In 2005 my girlfriend and a few friends went to New York to just have some fun, etc. She surprised me when we got there by showing me a pair of tickets for Jon Anderson solo at BB King’s. Wow! Earlier that year we travelled to NY to see Yes at Madison Square Garden as a Highschool graduation present to ourselves. That was her first Yes show, and my 2nd. Anyway, Jon was amazing, of course, and he did a little meet and greet afterwards. Security was pretty intense, and they were yelling at people to not take photos. When I got up to Jon in the line, he kind of shot me a mischievous smile as he noticed the camera in my hand… he grabbed it, pulled me in for a hug, and attempted to take what we now call a selfie with my camera. Here’s the result of Jon’s photography, and one of my girlfriend’s (now wife) photos from the show.
                Excellent! 😂 Prob the show a couple days after I got my cookie! 😁😁.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtkgasman View Post

Excellent! 😂 Prob the show a couple days after I got my cookie! 😁😁.
                  Would have been close! Very well preserved by the way!

Comment

I have a few autographed bits as well. Chris’ Fish Out of Water cd signed to myself and the missus. I remember Scotty seemed to be personally mailing these out and handling the orders and customer service, which was wild to me back then. The first Circa album signed by all, and a signed Roger Dean mini painting card that came with a copy of his Dragon’s Dream book.
                    Last edited by Chrisklenox; 01-06-2022, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtkgasman View Post
                      Hey. So. I Was inspired by Yorkshire’s Steve Hackett pic of album with an autograph. Very cool. And thought I would start a fun thread for folks to post a pic or pics of some of their favorite/odd/cool swag, autograph, etc item that they cherish.

I’m not a big autograph collector, never really was, but have a few, that I like.

Before the ole inter-web I loved stumbling upon some item at a flea market or record store to put in the shelf. Like a button or photo or patch. Those are prob my favorites. Although good ole eBay has allowed me to get some boot lps i never could have found on my own.

So. So long winded right. Lol. I am going to go with these two little items to start. Cause they are right here on a shelf and I feel lazy. But they are fun and special for me. More later if this catches on. Have some fun!!!

1 - on the right. Ticket signed by JA at the TLA in 05. Not really unique. But The special part (to me) is I kept the Cookie he was giving to everyone in line after the show. My buddy ate his immediately. 😆

2 - Yes solid metal logo! My wife made it at an art class a few years ago. Carved (!) a logo in sand (some hard super compacted sand material), reversed, and then they poured the molten metal in, and WaaLaaa! Not easy to get detail in sand. My birthday present that year. 😍. Others she said were doing hearts and stars, etc. She went all out with a very difficult medium to work with. I love it!!!! And her!!!!

And the cut off in the pic is one of those music mirrors you used to win at a carnival or the boardwalk. I can’t remwber which now.

GTK
                      You lucky person, you! Most of us would be happy if our spouses merely liked Yes, and yours is making Yes art...

Comment

I got invited to the free show / pre-tour practice session Yes did in Seattle at the Experience Music Project in 2002 and took some photos. One of the shows I saw later was in Albuquerque. I printed a set of the EMP photos and brought them along. Before the show, during soundcheck I saw Steve stringing his guitar and he stopped long enough to say hello and sign the photo of him. I didn't get to see the rest of the band that night. Next morning I was in the Albuquerque airport waiting on my flight and I ran into Alan. I remember I had the photos in my back pack and ask if he would sign the photo of him. He said he would if I went with him to his gate because he was concerned about the time. We get to the gate and there is Rick, Chris, and Jon. So each of them signed their photo. and we got to chat.

Comment

Originally posted by OB1kenOB View Post
                          I got invited to the free show / pre-tour practice session Yes did in Seattle at the Experience Music Project in 2002 and took some photos. One of the shows I saw later was in Albuquerque. I printed a set of the EMP photos and brought them along. Before the show, during soundcheck I saw Steve stringing his guitar and he stopped long enough to say hello and sign the photo of him. I didn't get to see the rest of the band that night. Next morning I was in the Albuquerque airport waiting on my flight and I ran into Alan. I remember I had the photos in my back pack and ask if he would sign the photo of him. He said he would if I went with him to his gate because he was concerned about the time. We get to the gate and there is Rick, Chris, and Jon. So each of them signed their photo. and we got to chat.
                          Great story!!!!

Comment

Yes, that's absolutely amazing! I'd be stunned for weeks if that had happened to me!

Comment

I am in the middle of a year long move, so no picture right now, but my most personal item would be a letter from Chris saying thank for the invitation but he couldn't make it. I had sent him a wedding invitation which had the words to "Onward" printed on it, and it has been the back page of our wedding album ever since. When I get unpacked, if I ever get unpacked, I will post a pic.

Comment

Working...
                              X