Autumn's Golden Gown...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Autumn's Golden Gown...

Victoria Park has got its autumn plumage on, and is looking lovely. This was about 5.30 this evening, on my way home from work.

[all of the bodies in these photographs have been hidden]​
    Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
    Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

The trees in east-central Illinois are starting to color up nicely, and it seems like we may have decent fall colors this year, and on-time, no less. Last year was typical of the last several, where the colors were paltry and the peak, such as it was, was about a month late.

Comment

We've had some good color here and I'm in the middle of lawn-raking season. I try to much the leaves with the mower since it's supposed to be better for the lawn although there are usually too many leaves from all of the 60 year old elm trees along the street and in our yard.

Comment

From a walk yesterday afternoon (Sunday) near home.

Comment

Originally posted by hammerhead View Post
          We've had some good color here and I'm in the middle of lawn-raking season. I try to much the leaves with the mower since it's supposed to be better for the lawn although there are usually too many leaves from all of the 60 year old elm trees along the street and in our yard.
          We had elms in our yard when I was a kid and although they were decent shade trees, in fall they were a mess. There was no fall color unless you count brown, and the leaves were small and tended to break up when you were trying to take them.

Comment

The roads here are carpeted with falling leaves. Still lots of nice color on the trees, though.
            Jeff Tiberius Grey Wolf
            My hovercraft is full of eels

Comment

Back from getting my COVID booster at Victoria Park Health Centre this Saturday morning. I got my flu vaccination on Thursday.
              It's a lovely day out there, and Vicky Park is looking splendid in its autumn plumage.
              ❤️NHS

Comment

Me kicking through the autumn leaves in the park didn't seem to bother this magpie at all...

Don't ask me about the giant pencil stuck in the pavement. Just don't.

The pumpkins are on guard.... I am greatly reassured.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                  X