Greensward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greensward

Took a walk to Knighton Park, which is only a couple of miles from home, and got to know some of the capabilities of the cameras on my new phone (Google Pixel 6 Pro). Very impressed with it.

Music on my ramblings was Lou Reed's New York album from 1989, in both its studio version and live version. One of the finest rock albums ever made. Every song is a story. A masterpiece of chamber rock.
    Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
    Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

Comment

Comment

Very nice, you have good eye for photos

Comment

Beautiful pictures. A beautiful place

Comment

Nice pix, Ash.

Comment

Recovering from COVID, nearly two weeks of it now. Feeling better thsn of late. Took a walk to Southmeads Fields and the University Botanic Gardens. Here are some pics.

Comment

Comment

A walk yesterday afternoon to Stoughton Grange and Dam's Spinney. I've no idea who Dam was and why the spinney is named after them. The spinney and lake areas have been closed off for over a year while some necessary maintenance was undertaken, and the ruins of the Grange itself made safe. It's also part of a working farm so obviously there have been other priorities at work. Delighted to be able to go there again and enjoy the peace and greenery and the wildlife: some very friendly mini-horses, a pair of haughty goats, some disdainful sheep, and lots of sinister geese, though all were greeted fondly. A good walk was had.
                  It helps that there's a very good country pub there that has a fine selection of ales, good wholesome food, and a cafe and craft shop.
                  Last edited by Ash Armstrong; 08-30-2022, 09:05 AM.

Comment

More pics from Dam's Spinney and Lake.

Comment

Been for a Sunday morning walk, to the Attenborough Arboretum and Knighton Park, and various rambling ways thereto and therefrom.
                      The Knighton Park show (?) was taking place; presumably it's been on all weekend, and despite it being a Sunday morning it was well-populated, and for that reason and several others, I steered a peripheral course: not my sort of thing, and to be avoided.
                      I was listening to several podcasts: discussions on Gothic literature and culture ranging from the mid-18C to the present, with one specifically on Bram Stoker and Dracula, and a third with Tom Holland and Dominic Sandbrook discussing Game of Thrones, both books and series, and its Medieval/Roman/French Wars of Religion/Italian Wars of the Renaissance sources and origins. All jolly interesting, informative and entertaining.
                      Happily home, showered, and about to feed before the footie at 2.00, Brighton v Leicester.

Comment

Working...
                      X