Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have You Been Approached By A Stranger While Wearing A Yesshirt Lately?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have You Been Approached By A Stranger While Wearing A Yesshirt Lately?

It happens to me fairly regularly. Last time was a couple of days ago, while I was pumping gas. This slightly older guy noticed my shirt and asked if I went to that concert and when it was. I told him Yes and it was back in 2011 (the shirt was In The Present. I think I got that right...). He asked me how many concerts I had been to and I told him about 20 and Drama was my first. His first was Tales, which he also indicated was his favourite album. I told him that I'm a Relayer Man.

The time before that was at the same gas station I believe. Some dude noticed my shirt and went on about the only worthwile Rock and Roll being created between 1955 and 1980. I said '70s, '80s and some '60s, but basically agreed with him. It sort of gave me a knowing chill.

Never. I only have two Yes t shirts, though....

I was once approached about a Beatles t shirt. He asked the fairly dumb question “So you’re a Beatles fan?”

Comment

I have dozens of Yes shirts from tours going back to the 70s . And I haven’t worn any in public since the 80’s
      i don’t know what to do with them

Comment

Originally posted by cjreyes View Post
        It happens to me fairly regularly. Last time was a couple of days ago, while I was pumping gas. This slightly older guy noticed my shirt and asked if I went to that concert and when it was. I told him Yes and it was back in 2011 (the shirt was In The Present. I think I got that right...). He asked me how many concerts I had been to and I told him about 20 and Drama was my first. His first was Tales, which he also indicated was his favourite album. I told him that I'm a Relayer Man.

The time before that was at the same gas station I believe. Some dude noticed my shirt and went on about the only worthwile Rock and Roll being created between 1955 and 1980. I said '70s, '80s and some '60s, but basically agreed with him. It sort of gave me a knowing chill.
        Maybe the gas station’s a secret YesFans meeting spot.

Comment

Lately has been hard, with the pandemic, and now gas prices to actually go/be put in public. With all the sheep wearing masks, and the upsurge in Democratic-crime, you want to avoid most strangers if you can. ;-)

Probably a hundred people over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by luvyesmusic View Post
            Lately has been hard, with the pandemic, and now gas prices to actually go/be put in public. With all the sheep wearing masks, and the upsurge in Democratic-crime, you want to avoid most strangers if you can. ;-)

Probably a hundred people over the years.
            Yes, the crime by Democrats has been much worse than that by the guy who led the charge for the insurrection because his ego couldn't take the loss. "Sheep wearing masks?" You must be some kind of "special" Yes fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Close to the Edge 72 View Post

Yes, the crime by Democrats has been much worse than that by the guy who led the charge for the insurrection because his ego couldn't take the loss. "Sheep wearing masks?" You must be some kind of "special" Yes fan.
              Keep believing all the lies mainstream media, big tech and the current administration tells you. ;-)

Sorry to offend you, old man, you are part of the elderly and compromised demographics that wearing a mask may help. I'm talking about the sheep driving around all by themselves, or walking outside with zero folks around. The folks that are constantly scared, or just, sadly, follow the narrative.

Comment

Originally posted by cjreyes View Post

Are you sure they weren't hitting you up? 😆😆

Comment

Originally posted by True View Post
                  I have dozens of Yes shirts from tours going back to the 70s . And I haven’t worn any in public since the 80’s
                  Sell them here?

Comment

My car insurance guy said something about my Point Of Know Return t-shirt. He said he thought they were really good. He happens to be the bass player for Boston on their third album. He mentioned something about Danny Serrapine's band being in town (the drummer for Chicago). I sat down and said, really? After chatting a little with him, he asked his secretary if the 'Rock and Roll' was too loud. hee hee

Comment

Can we at least let this get past the first page without starting another argument, please?

Comment

I was wearing my In The Present shirt last week and this nice lady said that she liked my shirt.

About a month earlier, this young dude with his chick saw my Yesshirt and said, "Good band!"

Comment

Originally posted by True View Post
                          We had a bunch of old concert T-shirts sewn into a quilted bedcover. Not too long after that, we found out my aunt had just started a business doing the same thing. It's a nice way to remember old concerts, especially if the old shirts don't fit anymore.

I'm sure charities like homeless shelters will take them if they are in good condition. That's where most of the old clothes we just never wear anymore end up.

Comment

Working...
                          X