Nichelle Nichols, actor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nichelle Nichols, actor

Nichelle Nichols, who portrayed Uhura in the original "Star Trek" and paved the way for Black women in Hollywood, has died. She was 89.
    Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
    Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

I had the absolute privilege of being her minder at a signing session some years ago and got to chat to her for a while.

A lovely, warm, kind, interesting woman and it's probably redundant to point out, an utterly class act.

Thank you Nichelle.

Comment

😓

Comment

I met her for a moment in an autograph session years ago and was struck by how humble and gracious she was. She was just as beautiful on the inside as the outside. The world would be a much better place with more people like Nichelle.

Comment

Nichelle was a class act and she will be missed. Peace and love to her family, friends, and millions (billions?) of fans...

Comment

Sad to hear. A warm, quality human being, Who's cooler than Lt. Uhura in the original Star Trek? Maybe nobody. Love, peace and healing to her family, friends and fans.

Comment

She became one of the first black American actresses to play a figure in authority on US television.

Comment

Actor achieved worldwide fame and broke ground for Black women while playing Nyota Uhura in the original TV hit

Comment

Loved her. RIP.

Jeff Tiberius Grey Wolf
                  My hovercraft is full of eels

Comment

That original cast was lightning in a bottle. Just a terrific show.

Comment

Working...
                    X