Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bloody Rutland!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Bloody Rutland!

    Not satisfied with finding an incredible Roman mosaic in a field, part of an expansive villa, bloody Rutland have also discovered a dinosaur!

    BBC News - Rutland sea dragon dinosaur fossil is largest found in UK
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-59902730

    I suppose we Leicester folk need to dig up another dead king in a carpark, or perhaps find the grave of Cardinal Wolsey in Abbey Park. We know he's there somewhere...

    At least Oakham will never win the Premier League ....
    Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
    Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

    #2
    I think the finding of Richard III is still more important
    The Definitive YES Albums

    -The Yes Album-Fragile-Close to the Edge-Tales From Topographic Oceans-
    -Relayer-Going for the One-Drama-90125-Big Generator-Union-Talk-
    -The Ladder-Magnification-Fly From Here-The Quest-

    Comment


      #3
      Quite funny that they found it near a pond.

      Comment


        #4
        Rutland - isn't that where the Rutles were from?

        Jeff Tiberius Grey Wolf
        My hovercraft is full of eels

        Comment


          #5
          Saw the photo. Big lizard. Britain is a veritable treasure trove for things under the ground.

          One of my favourite telly shows "The Detectorists" with McKenzie Cronk should see them find a fossil one day. After finding dead German air pilots etc. Saxon coins.

          Comment


            #6
            Let me know if they find Jimmy Hoffa there too! 😆

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Gtkgasman View Post
              Let me know if they find Jimmy Hoffa there too! 😆
              Might be buried underneath all the Rutles albums.

              Comment


                #8
                Hoffa is in Putin's backyard. The Russians did it

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by soundchaser09 View Post
                  I think the finding of Richard III is still more important
                  Richard lll find is a great one. It made an archeologist's career. The pints were flowing that night

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by alex peters View Post

                    Richard lll find is a great one. It made an archeologist's career. The pints were flowing that night
                    I was in on it, and at the dig site a few days after the discovery. We all knew what we had straigh away, at least circumstantially, but the DNA test brought confirmation of course. Knew most of the Archaeology dept staff at the time. Keeping quiet about it till the official announcement was made was agony!
                    Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
                    Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by alex peters View Post

                      Richard lll find is a great one. It made an archeologist's career. The pints were flowing that night
                      The R3 dig-site in the process of marking up the locations of assorted findings.
                      Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
                      Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Did one of your buddies pick up the skull and say, "Alas poor Richard, a king of infinite jest".???

                        Or am I gettin'my Willie Waggle Daggers mixed up?


                        Click image for larger version

Name:	king-richard-III-england.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	123.0 KB
ID:	12941
                        Last edited by Gilly Goodness; 04-13-2022, 12:47 PM.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Gilly Goodness View Post
                          Did one of your buddies pick up the skull and say, "Alas poor Richard, a king of infinite jest".???

                          Or am I gettin'my Willie Waggle Daggers mixed up?


                          Click image for larger version

Name:	king-richard-III-england.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	123.0 KB
ID:	12941
                          Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
                          Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Nice kit. Go the Foxes! 🦊

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Ash Armstrong View Post

                              I was in on it, and at the dig site a few days after the discovery. We all knew what we had straigh away, at least circumstantially, but the DNA test brought confirmation of course. Knew most of the Archaeology dept staff at the time. Keeping quiet about it till the official announcement was made was agony!
                              Wow!. What an experience if one loves history. I saw the HBO or History channel documentary on the discovery. I do not remember. I think it was history channel.

                              I am so happy for you.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X