Terry Pratchett/Discworld

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terry Pratchett/Discworld

It was in 1990 that I discovered Terry Pratchett, so quite early in the Discworld series. I read The Colour of Magic over a weekend away with friends in London and Essex, helping them out at a craft fair at Camden Town Hall, which is just on the other side of Euston Road to St Pancras Station. We stayed with another couple who also had a stall at the fair, who lived in Grays in Essex.
    I remember being a bit miffed that The Colour of Magic ended on a cliffhanger, literally, so on the last day of the fair, the Sunday, I walked from Camden Town Hall into Central London in search of a bookshop to buy its sequel. And I've been doing that ever since....
    I never got the chance to meet Terry Pratchett, and now I never will. Still miss him though.
    After he was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s, the Discworld author began an autobiography. He never finished it, but seven years after his death, his long-time assistant has taken up the task
    Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
    Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

Read Colour and a couple of others way back. I'm now picking them all up on Kindle when they're on offer. I'll have a full read through eventually...

Comment

Originally posted by RelayerI View Post
      Read Colour and a couple of others way back. I'm now picking them all up on Kindle when they're on offer. I'll have a full read through eventually...
      I've just started Thud! (2005)

Comment

I've quite a few on Audible. The Night Watch ones and the first couple of Moist von Lipwig ones are a hoot. Currently on Moving Pictures. No Rush yet...😉

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkshire Square View Post
          I've quite a few on Audible. The Night Watch ones and the first couple of Moist von Lipwig ones are a hoot. Currently on Moving Pictures. No Rush yet...😉
          Who's reading them on Audible?

Comment

Originally posted by Ash Armstrong View Post

Who's reading them on Audible?
            The earlier ones are Nigel Planer and then Stephen Briggs, but there seems to be an update going on and these original recordings are being withdrawn. That's a shame as I think they are the better performance.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkshire Square View Post

The earlier ones are Nigel Planer and then Stephen Briggs, but there seems to be an update going on and these original recordings are being withdrawn. That's a shame as I think they are the better performance.
              I gave up my Audible subscription last year when I was made redundant, but I could take it up again now. In fact I think I shall.

Comment

Working...
              X