• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who had a worse day?

A. Boris Johnson?

B. Prince Andrew?

C. Novak Djokovic?

D. Us.

One way or another we've elevated people like this to positions of power, authority and influence.

I used to like Djokovic. I'd defend the right of anyone not to take the vaccine - but as long as they're willing to take the consequences of that decision and recognise their rights have to be balanced against the rights of those who would not wish to expose themselves to the heightened risk an unvaccinated person represents. I'm afraid I suspect his infection status was a lie - he'd simply counted the days back from his Oz trip and got someone to issue a diagnosis. If it isn't a lie he's been irresponsible since in not self-isolating both at home and in not disclosing his subsequent trip to Spain.

As to A, I'm impatient with those to whom it's news that Johnson is a man bereft of integrity who lies routinely in matters large and small. People should be embarrassed they were so gullible to vote this joke of a man to the highest office. He was a laughing stock internationally before he became leader of the Tories.

As for Airmiles Andy, it's a vey good illustration of the major flaw in the institution of the monarchy. Had he been born before Charles he'd now be close to being the next head of state. It seems to be monarchists that bay loudest about his unworthiness. But that's the essence of royalty - you don't get to pick and choose.

Comment

^ Generally agreed, with the caveat that I've long disliked Djokovic.

Not really worried which had the worst week, they all deserve it.

Having said that, Boris and Andy both outstrip Novax on the awfulness scale.

Screw the lot of them.

Comment

Originally posted by RelayerI View Post
        ^ Generally agreed, with the caveat that I've long disliked Djokovic.

Screw the lot of them.
        Please be careful how you phrase things. Andy might take you up on the offer....

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Holland View Post

Please be careful how you phrase things. Andy might take you up on the offer....
          I'm WAY too old for him.

Comment

Screw the lot of them.
            Indeed and I don't think any of them have any power, influence or authority over me. And before anyone says "one of them is in government", I honestly can't say that any government in the last forty years has caused me any lasting harm or done me any great favours - 90% of what governments do is piffle, deck chair rearrangement.

Comment

As for Airmiles Andy, it's a vey good illustration of the major flaw in the institution of the monarchy. Had he been born before Charles he'd now be close to being the next head of state. It seems to be monarchists that bay loudest about his unworthiness. But that's the essence of royalty - you don't get to pick and choose.[/QUOTE]

Actually. From what I've read, he is still in the succession line. God forbid William crashes his helicopter with the extended family, including Charlotte, George and Loius, on board on the way to Royal Ascot to do royal things alongside various sheiks and despots.

Comment

Boris and Andy are two worthless and entitled Brits. Twin twats from different mothers.

Andy may have been 2nd in succession to the Kingship, but as ALL of his duties have now been "removed", isn't that sort of like an abdication or expulsion or something?

The Monarchy is way past its expiration date anyways. It's gone past the "Well, isn't that quaint?" stage right into the "You're still playing cassette tapes?" category.

Comment

Back in the day he would have had the good grace to walk out into the woods with a loaded revolver.

Sadly the British taxpayer will pay for 20 odd more years of pheasant suppers and the very best brandy money can buy.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilly Goodness View Post
                    Back in the day he would have had the good grace to walk out into the woods with a loaded revolver.
                    Boris or Andrew ?

​​​​​

Comment

Boris or Andrew ?

​​​​​
                      Take 2 bullets. Paper,rock,scissors to decide who gets shot first 😉

Comment

I am torn over what I would prefer more. I don't like Djokovic at all but would also throughly enjoy watching the government have another F*ck up and look stupid.

Comment

Working...
                        X