No announcement yet.

What made you smile today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a fun encounter with a garbage truck driver.

The other early mornin', went up to the high street for some vittels and had to take an umbrella as la Nina is still dumpin' rain down here in Steak'n'Kidney. So got up there and returnin' home, just walkin' under the shoppe awnin's. Out of the rain.

When suddenly I hear a garbo driver lean out of his window and shout. "Oi! It's not rainin'!"

Meanin' I was still holdin' an open umbrella under the shelter of the awnin'. I then pretended to hold my hand out feelin' for rain. Mime. Smile at him and close the umbrella with a flourish. Garbo driver laughs as he waits for his mate to empty a bin at the back of the truck. I walk on.

But as luck would have it. He catches up as the next bin needs emptyin'. So again he leans out the window and shouts "Sorry. I was born cheeky and still am cheeky!"
    I replied, shoutin' "And you'll die cheeky!" He laughed at that.

Just a simple,random encounter but as they say in the classics, gotta love this city. Made me smile.

Comment

Thinking about getting to share a pizza, wine, and convo with my neighbor tomorrow night. That is making me smile.

Certainly offsets my apprehension about upcoming band meetings...

Comment

I've had my formal offer of a job and contract &c., to acknowledge and confirm. 😃 Now it's real!
        Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
        Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

Comment

[QUOTE=cybrkhatru;n14186

Certainly offsets my apprehension about upcoming band meetings...[/QUOTE]

Just show up late, Matt. Other band members like that kind of stuff. Makes you look important. ;-)

Comment

Vanilla cheesecake with triple chocolate ice cream while watching Champions League semi final this evening, washed down with cheap red wine.

Comment

Non medical , legal sales in NJ.

Comment

Originally posted by Ash Armstrong View Post
                Vanilla cheesecake with triple chocolate ice cream while watching Champions League semi final this evening, washed down with cheap red wine.
                Well. That might go very well with what made me smile today,

Comment

Got out of work early (good shift too) for some disc golf, shot a little better than usual, went to nephew's 16ths bday party, solid day.

All smiles basically.

Ooh, bonus points for the stores having two things I've been searching for:

Honest Tea's either going out of business or not distributing here right now, so I keep looking and not finding it. Nabbed four bottles of the the half lemonade flavor I now crave so much, wiped out their stock on that stuff.

Then these insane corn snacks, Takis, (new Blue Heat flavor!) that I don't know why I even wanted them so bad. Saw them in a store last week, was like oooooh, which quickly switched to waaaait that's bad food. Then it bugged me all week and I was looking all over for them. Just found 'em. Brought them to the counter:

Me, to the young lady clerk: What's the word on these? Are they any good?

Young lady clerk: Oh I don't eat that sort of thing. Really not good for you.

Comment

[QUOTE=Dantalion Rides Again;n14301

Then these insane corn snacks, Takis, (new Blue Heat flavor!) that I don't know why I even wanted them so bad. Saw them in a store last week, was like oooooh,

[/QUOTE]

Kevin, this have been out about a year, based on the photo I took at my store, when I first spotted them. I sent it to my daughter at the time, who normally loves the other two flavors of Takis.

I texted her if she had had these yet? And she responded, No, they look gross!

LOL
                    How are they?

Comment

Originally posted by luvyesmusic View Post

Kevin, this have been out about a year, based on the photo I took at my store, when I first spotted them. I sent it to my daughter at the time, who normally loves the other two flavors of Takis.

I texted her if she had had these yet? And she responded, No, they look gross!

LOL
                      How are they?

They're gross LOL! Actually they're pretty good, I was kind of surprised but also it's horrifying: they're bright blue.

Comment

My daughter also enjoys hot stuff, Kevin. I think being a quarter Vietnamese and Chinese, she certainly enjoys and tolerates many things that are simply out of my league. Her friend introduced her to Buldak Ramen, the black is the hotter, from Korea, that comes with some truly artificially red molten lave type of sauce, that is pretty unbearable for the average person.

Comment

I was more into the hot foods when I drank beer, man was it ever the ultimate combo. Especially when you get excellent spicy chicken.

Comment

If you like it spicy, Leicester has an abundance of Indian restaurants, over 230 of them! City pop: 360,000 approx. Yums!

Comment

Originally posted by Ash Armstrong View Post
                              I've had my formal offer of a job and contract &c., to acknowledge and confirm. 😃 Now it's real!
                              Congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by pianozach View Post

Congratulations!
                                Thank you .

Comment

Working...
                                X