X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• luvyesmusic
    replied
    Originally posted by Gilly Goodness View Post

Ditto...our neighbour's mallard duck, Mr Quackers is in 7th Heaven as autumnal rain keeps comin' down.

Enjoy the Spring. After grey winter, must seem transcendantal!

btw. Can you hear woodpeckers peck from a distance? How loud are they?
    I didn't see the Mrs. Mallard, they've been here in the area for several years. We have foxes, too. Pretty good for a little oasis/ hundred year old flood pond, in the middle of a somewhat over inhabited, asphalt jungle. Years back I spotted a bobcat, about a mile away I picked my little townhome because of the green, and the animals. Too bad I'd like to kill every worthless dog owner who let's their dogs shit anywhere, despite the fact we spend too much money for waste stations. But, I degress.

Yes, you can probably hear woodpeckers from a good half mile away. If I still had a good arm, our woodpecker/peckers are that close. The trees are dead, usually a bit hollow for the grubs, and with that hard beak, there is a whole lot to of percussive sound going on for short durations. The world's first drummers. They will work for food. ;-)

​​​​​​​https://photos.app.goo.gl/bhZL5irXqjo4uYxRA

Leave a comment:

• Gilly Goodness
    replied
    Originally posted by luvyesmusic View Post
    I've just spotted a Mallard duck, hunting for dinner in the flood pond.

And the toads are out singing, as it's warmed back up, again.
    Ditto...our neighbour's mallard duck, Mr Quackers is in 7th Heaven as autumnal rain keeps comin' down.

Enjoy the Spring. After grey winter, must seem transcendantal!

btw. Can you hear woodpeckers peck from a distance? How loud are they?

Leave a comment:

• luvyesmusic
    replied
    I've just spotted a Mallard duck, hunting for dinner in the flood pond.

And the toads are out singing, as it's warmed back up, again.
    Last edited by luvyesmusic; 03-31-2022, 04:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• luvyesmusic
    replied
    Standing on my path, listening to the symphony of birds, and watching them. My little escape. Saw three blue jays for the first time this year, and an oriole. Robins abound. Starlings and fiches. Haven't spotted out resident hawk/hawks today, and have to look out for the red headed woodpecker that starting pecking at his same old tree a couple weeks ago. It's all great until the mosquitos show up, but that's why I love my swooping bats so much. :-)

Leave a comment:

• luvyesmusic
    replied
    Originally posted by cybrkhatru View Post

Not quite. She's coming over to hang out and meet my cat. We are both cat people but this is the first time she's been to my apartment.
    She may never leave, or be seen, again. LOL.

Matt's great with his hands, so I've been told, and can sing. The woman doesn't stand a chance. ;-)

Leave a comment:

• PhaseDance
    replied
    Thinking about tonight is making me smile, and it's making me a bit nervous at the same time.
    Best of luck to you this evening.

Leave a comment:

• Gilly Goodness
    replied

Not quite. She's coming over to hang out and meet my cat. We are both cat people but this is the first time she's been to my apartment.
    Cool. Hope it goes well. If that's not too creepy to say?
    😗

Leave a comment:

• Ash Armstrong
    replied
    Cheap Scotch.

Leave a comment:

• cybrkhatru
    replied
    Originally posted by Gilly Goodness View Post

Are you goin' to a prom? You'll be OK. Just breathe, straighten your tie and smile at her parents when you go and pick her up. 😘

Leave a comment:

• Somis Sound
    replied
    Had some amazing fresh Black Pepper Chicken.

Leave a comment:

• Gilly Goodness
    replied
    Thinking about tonight is making me smile, and it's making me a bit nervous at the same time.
    Are you goin' to a prom? You'll be OK. Just breathe, straighten your tie and smile at her parents when you go and pick her up. 😘

Leave a comment:

• cybrkhatru
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Gtkgasman
    replied
    Originally posted by Esthe View Post
    Republican propaganda is quite uplifting if you don’t think too hard about it.
    Haha. I hear you! But ( for me ), its so much better than the alternatives. It’s in my wheelhouse, but admit there are some extremes for sure.

Gotta take any news channel with a bit of a grain of salt....

Leave a comment:

• Esthe
    replied
    Originally posted by Gtkgasman View Post
    Newsmax
    Republican propaganda is quite uplifting if you don’t think too hard about it.

Leave a comment:

• Gtkgasman
    replied
    Newsmax

Leave a comment:

Working...
X