Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grey Wolf
    replied
    Great news Ash. Good luck, we're all counting on you.

Leave a comment:

• Ash Armstrong
    replied
    Originally posted by Chris2210 View Post

Well that's made me smile today. Well done and good luck with the new venture.
    Thanks Chris. It's admin assistant in the Psychology department at the Uni of Leicester. I'll be working in the George Davies Medical Sciences Building. It's a full-time, permanent position. No specific start date yet. Uni staff are now on holiday for Easter till next Wednesday anyway.
    Couldn't get to sleep last night till sometime after 3.00.

Leave a comment:

• Chris2210
    replied
    Originally posted by Ash Armstrong View Post
    Getting an email late on this evening offering me a job has made me smile just now, and cry with relief. I had an interview and admin test yesterday afternoon (Wednesday), and hadn't expected to hear the outcome till after the Easter weekend. It's expected I will start in May. I'm in bits right now.
    To all of you who have offered me encouragement and good wishes, and especially at those times when I was sunk in near-despair, thank you, thank you, thank you my brothers and sisters.
    Well that's made me smile today. Well done and good luck with the new venture.

Leave a comment:

• Gilly Goodness
    replied
    Wonderful news Ash. You did it by resilience and black humour when needed. Spoil yourself with some culinary masterpiece! 😊

Leave a comment:

• Ash Armstrong
    replied
    Getting an email late on this evening offering me a job has made me smile just now, and cry with relief. I had an interview and admin test yesterday afternoon (Wednesday), and hadn't expected to hear the outcome till after the Easter weekend. It's expected I will start in May. I'm in bits right now.
    To all of you who have offered me encouragement and good wishes, and especially at those times when I was sunk in near-despair, thank you, thank you, thank you my brothers and sisters.

Leave a comment:

• Gilly Goodness
    replied
    Gotta love English optimism....
    Perusin' the Daily Mail UK, read it 4 the celebrity gossip and football scandals. There was a headline sayin' Crowds flock to Beach as 14° Celsius SOARS to 20° celsius. Hahahahahaha

Autumn down here and Sydney is gunna be 27° celsius.
    So smilin' as I say enjoy the sunshine but don't forget to Slip, Slop, Slap!

Click image for larger version

Name:	download.jpeg-3.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	12541
    Last edited by Gilly Goodness; 04-10-2022, 02:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Dantalion Rides Again
    replied
    Know why Yes made Soon so pretty? So it'd be pretty soon

Leave a comment:

• Gtkgasman
    replied
    Wife.

Cat.

Two feet on the floor.

Nice crisp Snap in the air, and a new beginning.

😊

if you see a show in NJ and think you recognize us through some of my posts (it’s obvious) take a shot, tap me on the shoulder, I’d love to shake hands with any and all personally, have a beer, respectfully agree or disagree face to face about the worlds ills, and enjoy a great show.

see the glass half full. 👍
    Last edited by Gtkgasman; 04-10-2022, 03:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• kkleinschmidt
    replied
    No worries GG. Our bobcats are here because we have lots of tasty rabbits so we're happy they help keep their numbers down and they don't attack humans or cats and dogs. I've even seen bobcats several times out the kitchen window walking through the yard! The bigger wild cats in North America are a different story but fortunately there are none of them around here (although there used to be). We also have plenty of coyotes and both red and grey foxes, and we even had a black bear roaming around a few years ago but apparently he's gone.

Leave a comment:

• Gilly Goodness
    replied
    Stay inside K-shmitty. That thing looks dangerous. Just prowlin' around the neighbourhood lookin' for slow ducks and injured woodpeckers.

Leave a comment:

• kkleinschmidt
    replied
    Here's a good picture of one of our wild cat friends. This was taken by a trail camera about 40m from our house's back porch.

Name:	WGI_0089 (1).jpg
Views:	53
Size:	1.93 MB
ID:	11662

Leave a comment:

• kkleinschmidt
    replied
    cybrkhatru your cat's picture made me smile and happy birthday to her.

Leave a comment:

• cybrkhatru
    replied
    LOL you guys are great and funny!

It went very well.. Had a lovely time listening to vinyl, drinking wine, and chatting about all kinds of things.

Leave a comment:

• Gilly Goodness
    replied
    Originally posted by Gtkgasman View Post
    Click image for larger version  Name:	AE4CAA07-6255-4064-BDEE-14944136731C.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.95 MB ID:	11608

Happy 14th Birthday to our best little girl!! 🥰
    Such cold, merciless eyes. 😉

Just watching the seeds of love by the Beatles, sorry Tears for Fears, when I finally noticed something hiding in plain sight .

At the very start. Image static. Butterfly shakes it's wings. Video begins.

THE BUTTERFLY EFFECT

Doesn't cause a hurricane but does kickoff the best song of the 80's.

Made me smile.

Leave a comment:

• Gtkgasman
    replied

Name:	AE4CAA07-6255-4064-BDEE-14944136731C.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	1.95 MB
ID:	11608

Happy 14th Birthday to our best little girl!! 🥰

Leave a comment:

Working...