No announcement yet.

What made you smile today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The heat in Europe is crazy! Combine that with the transportation troubles also going on and I am so glad we decided not to go there this summer.

What made me smile today is we are in peak humming bird season here, and they are going particularly wild today. We get ruby throated humming birds here and we have about a dozen mimosa trees in full bloom that they love to buzz around in, but the biggest fun comes from the three humming bird feeders on the porch which they fight over zooming around all over the place whizzing past your head like you are not even there. At any one time you can see a dozen or so birds buzzing around in the trees next to the house, and there's usually three or four close to the porch watching for trouble ready to fly in and fight it out.

Comment

Shmitty! Not you K-Shmitty and your your blinkin' hummingbirds. But Cameron Shmitty. Go you Good Thing! Nice news to wake up to.

20 under. A record!

Click image for larger version  Name:	830511_640x360_large_20220718050202.jpg Views:	0 Size:	50.9 KB ID:	21777
      Last edited by Gilly Goodness; 07-17-2022, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	r0_0_800_600_w576_h298_fmax.jpg Views:	1 Size:	14.2 KB ID:	21779

Cameron Smith pictured celebratin' in the hallowed halls of St Andrews after winnin' the British Open with the best score ever in Open history. Mind you. He's had a couple 😝

Comment

We just watched a short summary of the final round, and I have to say the mullet made me smile!

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	images.jpeg-156.jpg Views:	0 Size:	15.4 KB ID:	21783

In other bird related news. On the way up to the High street overhead came the unmistakable raucous screechin' of some sulphur crested cockatoos. Loud. So I stopped to look at the neighbours ghost gums and sure enough a couple ot the big birds were settin' up a nest in a hollow 1/2 way up. Scarin' away others who might want the special real estate. Cockatoos and galahs need tree hollows to nest. It's an owner/occupiers' market.

Click image for larger version

Name:	images.jpeg-157.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	21784

Comment

Shmitty!!! ☺

Name:	aa0c0ed95616b993d3127bc2cc8e2d28.jpeg.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	21822

Comment

Originally posted by Gilly Goodness View Post
                Click image for larger version Name:	images.jpeg-156.jpg Views:	0 Size:	15.4 KB ID:	21783

In other bird related news. On the way up to the High street overhead came the unmistakable raucous screechin' of some sulphur crested cockatoos. Loud. So I stopped to look at the neighbours ghost gums and sure enough a couple ot the big birds were settin' up a nest in a hollow 1/2 way up. Scarin' away others who might want the special real estate. Cockatoos and galahs need tree hollows to nest. It's an owner/occupiers' market.

Name:	images.jpeg-157.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	21784
                Nice birds! They made me smile.

Comment

I love hummingbirds. I usually only get to see one once or twice a year. But this year I got buzzed twice while wearing my red Phillies hat, I must have looked like a flower!

Name:	41RSO-VjPlL.__AC_SY445_SX342_QL70_FMwebp_.webp
Views:	48
Size:	6.0 KB
ID:	21828
                  Jeff Tiberius Grey Wolf
                  My hovercraft is full of eels

Comment

Helping out with graduation ceremonies at De Montfort Hall this afternoon, and Richard Armitage, local boy and actor, was a recipient of an honorary degree. I had to shepherd stragglers out the way as he arrived. He's quite tall.....
                    Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
                    Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

Comment

That I am unauthorized by the powers here to view a few concert review pages. I'm sure I gave a good review of the footage I saw at RAH that surprised me. But maybe because I didn't think it was as good as the Relayer tour, I've been silenced by Kool Aide and the Gang. LOL

Comment

Richard Armitage, who is rather tall for a dwarf, receives his honorary degree from the University of Leicester yesterday...

Comment

A return to gyming after work, first time for a month thanks to COVID. I did about 45 minutes so I fell short of the hour I'd aimed for, but I'm going again on Thursday afternoon so I'll make it up then, but it was still satisfying and felt good. There had been a changing-room swap but I didn't get caught out this time... 🤭
                          A bit of cross-training, a bit of rowing, some stretching and resistance work. Nothing extravagant, it's still early days.
                          Took some pics on the park in the early evening sunshine, about 18.30. I was attracted to the shadows, as is my wont.

We need some serious rain to turn the brown grass back to green...

Comment

Woke up with a dream still in my head of being at a Yes concert in my old school hall back in the day, Jon Anderson in his pyjamas, and with Roger Moore on keyboards...
                            And I did not have any cheese before going to bed.

Comment

# prince of peggin'.

1992 Annus Horribilis

2022 Anus Horribilis

Oh, my giddy aunt!

Name:	images.jpeg-171.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	22391

Comment

Originally posted by Gilly Goodness View Post
                                # prince of peggin'.

1992 Annus Horribilis

2022 Anus Horribilis

Oh, my giddy aunt!

Name:	images.jpeg-171.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	22391
                                Pity the person who has to explain to Madge what pegging is...

Comment

Working...
                                X