Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gilly Goodness
    replied
    Hope all you folks in the UK and Europe hunker down from the heat, drink water or the cold brown fizzy stuff.

Click image for larger version

Name:	download.jpeg-13.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	21721

Was once in Fiji on our honeymoon where it was so hot, even for this Aussie that durin' the day we found a small cinema that had delicious air conditionin'. So we coincidentally watched an all singin' Othello starring ' Ken Branagh and Larry Fishburne. Then we saw it all over again. The nights hardly cooled down at all. All the farm's frogs hung out at the outdoor shower block in the moonlight.
    But that's another story.
    Last edited by Gilly Goodness; 07-16-2022, 05:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Susanne
    replied
    A walk through the shade of the woods, in fantastic weather, listening to Moon Safari (on shuffle).

Leave a comment:

• Susanne
    replied
    Sounds like a wonderful trip to London! Really glad to hear that you recovered enough, in time.

Leave a comment:

• Ash Armstrong
    replied
    One of the many good things about the Courtauld is that you can get right up to the paintings. No barriers keeping you back like at most galleries.

Leave a comment:

• Ash Armstrong
    replied
    Overlooking Covent Garden from the rooftop terrace of the Royal Opera House during the interval. It's about 9.00pm. Also another shot of the Paul Hamlyn Hall, the champagne bar, formerly Floral Hall, the original Covent Garden flower market of Eliza Doolittle fame.

Leave a comment:

• Ash Armstrong
    replied
    Midweek I wasn't sure if I'd be well enough to go, but thankfully, happily, by yesterday I was improved sufficiently to travel to London for my triumphant return to live opera at the Royal Opera House, Covent Garden, to see Verdi's Otello. It's an opera I love, and that I've seen several times over the last 40 years, most recently this same production in 2017. Magnificent, moving, exhilarating experience which I'm reliving this Saturday morning. My feet hurt, it was a late night, not getting home till 2.00am, so I'm tired, but by 'eck it's worth every blister.
    I also spent the afternoon at the Courtauld Gallery at Somerset House on the Strand, and it was my first time back there since 2017. It's undergone a 3-year refurbishment since then. I very much enjoyed the Edvard Munch exhibition there; if all one knows of Munch's art is The Scream, seeing this exhibition is a revelation! And of course, it was great to see all the paintings in the permanent collection again: Renoir, Manet, Suerat, Gauguin, Van Gogh, Cezanne, Monet, Modigliani, Rubens, Gainsborough, Reynolds, Degas, et al.
    In addition I was able to meet up with my good friend and fellow Yesfan Jonathan, whom I also hadn't seen since 2018 for coffee, cake and a wander round London's West End.
    Here's some pics, and more to follow..

Leave a comment:

• Grey Wolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Gilly Goodness View Post

Happy 4th! Throw some Aussie lamb on the barbie! 🍻
    Don't think I can get Aussie lamb around here, so I made some good old American hamburgers on the grill. YUM.

Leave a comment:

• Ash Armstrong
    replied
    Edgbaston test: England v India.

Leave a comment:

• Gilly Goodness
    replied
    Originally posted by Grey Wolf View Post
    When I went out to put up my flag, it was an insanely gorgeous day. Mid 70s F, light breeze, birds singing, just had to look around and enjoy the moment.
    Happy 4th! Throw some Aussie lamb on the barbie! 🍻

Leave a comment:

• Grey Wolf
    replied
    When I went out to put up my flag, it was an insanely gorgeous day. Mid 70s F, light breeze, birds singing, just had to look around and enjoy the moment.

Leave a comment:

• Susanne
    replied
    Nothing, yet
    But it's still quite early - there's plenty of time left, today.

Leave a comment:

• Gilly Goodness
    replied
    Originally posted by pjt View Post

Olivia Rodrigo and Lily Allen live in Glastonbury...

....in a marsh mallow house. Saucy!

Leave a comment:

• pjt
    replied
    Olivia Rodrigo and Lily Allen live in Glastonbury.

Leave a comment:

• Gilly Goodness
    replied
    And here he is....

Click image for larger version

Name:	images.jpeg-142.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	20298

Go you good thing ! 🤪

Leave a comment:

• Gilly Goodness