Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gilly Goodness View Post
    A CHANGE HAS COME

Just now. The Federal Labor Party led by Anthony Albanese, raised by a single mother in a public housing flat, is the new Prime Minister of Australia.
    What does this mean? A centre left government that will work to benefit all Australians, regardless of class or race. They will be strong
    on national security and new renewable energy opportunities. And why do I know this?

THE RISE OF THE TEAL WAVE

it used to be called the doctor's wife vote. Affluent, intelligent women who voted instead on social issues. About 10 Teal independants have won safe Tory seats.
    These are former Tory voters who are disgusted by Scott Morrison and his fossil fuel paymasters. They have targetted inner city moderate Tories who have sided with the more right wing
    side of the Tories over denial of climate change.
    They have been routed.
    The Greens have also gained votes.
    Their preferences to the Labor Party have decimated Tories. They both will keep Labor honest on climate change. The fundamental issue of this election.

The Tories usual scare campaign has not resonated. Albanese has stumbled on detail at times, but is a decent man who famously guided the Gillard government through a hung parliament.
    He is a man for the times. He lives around the corner from me. Barracks for the wrong rugby league side but no one is perfect.

This is a proud moment for me. My family. We've had some emotional phonecalls tonight.
    Both my sister and brother voted Green.

Teal is a mix of Tory blue with a green climate change hue.

The third parties have triumphed. Along with Prime Minister Anthony Albanese and the Labour Party.

So I raise my glass of Bundaberg Rum and coke to the people of Australia.!

Made me smile. A lot. A night for the true believers!

Click image for larger version Name:	5b0dce416fef9c1191eb7daa7a6b55c7.jpeg.jpg Views:	7 Size:	88.4 KB ID:	16715
    Is this the new location for political content? Excellent.

Glad went well for for you Gilly!

Comment

Originally posted by Gtkgasman View Post

Is this the new location for political content? Excellent.

Glad went well for for you Gilly!
      Yes Gtjgasman. I wonder if someone is starting to feel unsafe again. I don't think so. It is just the views they disagree with that makes them feel unsafe.

Yes. I am happy also if Gilly is happy. But at the end of the day does anything really change? I dont think so!.

China is number 1 in emissions and responsible for over 30% of all carbon emissions. Australia is number 16 in the world. Most countries including Australia have dropped their emissions since 2017 except China.

​The Communists in China will look you in the eye and agree to this and that at a worldwide climate summit and raise a glass to toast you and when they leave on the plane to come home they will use the climate accords they signed as toilet paper and laugh at the naive and stupid West.
      Last edited by alex peters; 05-22-2022, 08:15 AM.

Comment

Well, there goes another nice thread polluted by politics.
        Jeff Tiberius Grey Wolf
        My hovercraft is full of eels

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Wolf View Post
          Well, there goes another nice thread polluted by politics.
          Gilly talked about the election in Australia. It is world news.. And Gilly is happy his guy won.

Gilly brought it up and Gtkagasman responded that the politics section had moved to this thread.

I just made a statement of fact about world wide emissions and that China is the world leader of emissions and that whatever agreement the Chinese sign is not worth the paper it is written on.

The truth is ignored and vilified when it does not fit the ideology of many. Ideology trumps the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by alex peters View Post

[redacted]
            And that made you smile today?

Let's see, how do I ignore users in this version of vBullenin again?
            Last edited by Grey Wolf; 05-22-2022, 10:30 AM.
            Jeff Tiberius Grey Wolf

Comment

And that made you smile today?

Let's see, how do I ignore users in this version of vBullenin again?
              Click on your name top right. Choose User Settings. Then choose Account from the drop down menu. Ignore option is at the bottom. Type in the name of the person you want to ignore, i.e. Alec, and it should come up.
              Attached Files
              Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
              Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

Comment

Originally posted by Ash Armstrong View Post

Click on your name top right. Choose User Settings. Then choose Account from the drop down menu. Ignore option is at the bottom. Type in the name of the person you want to ignore, i.e. Alec, and it should come up.
                Gillys post was a political statement. Just read it

Comment

Thanks, I'd already figured it out. It works! Much nicer place without that crap, and THAT makes me smile.
                  Jeff Tiberius Grey Wolf

Comment

Thanks, I'd already figured it out. It works! Much nicer place without that crap, and THAT makes me smile.
                    Are you talking about Gilly' political post trashing the Tories or my post giving facts on China being the number 1 emissions polluter in the world by emitting over 30% of the worlds emissions .

The double standards makes me smile😀

Comment

Me too

Comment

Just completed an in-depth how-to toenail cuttin' youtube video. Got lots of good reviews. I've kept all the clippin's!!!

Made me smile.

Click image for larger version  Name:	download.jpeg-9.jpg Views:	2 Size:	2.9 KB ID:	16910
                        Last edited by Gilly Goodness; 05-22-2022, 09:57 PM.

Comment

A good first day in my job. Nice, friendly people, relaxed and informal, no silly rules. A lot to learn and a lot to do, but that's cool. Bring it on! 😊👍

Thank you everyone for your supportive comments and encouragement. You guys make me smile.

Wore my 'interview outfit' today, for my first day, but it's jeans, trainers, and a Dead t-shirt tomorrow!

Comment

Wow. Just got congratulated by The Guardian Australia for bein' "one of the globe's biggest readers" havin' read 7267 articles in a year.* Heeheeeheee. Not countin' all the comments sections.

The Guardian. Born in Manchester. Thrivin' in Australia.

Made me proud. Made me smile.

* this may be my greatest accolade 😆

Click image for larger version

Name:	220px-The_Manchester_Guardian,_May_5_1821.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	17010
                            Last edited by Gilly Goodness; 05-23-2022, 11:19 PM.

Comment

A good first day in my job. Nice, friendly people, relaxed and informal, no silly rules. A lot to learn and a lot to do, but that's cool. Bring it on! 😊👍

Thank you everyone for your supportive comments and encouragement. You guys make me smile.

Wore my 'interview outfit' today, for my first day, but it's jeans, trainers, and a Dead t-shirt tomorrow!
                              Only worked in an office for 2 years ( to qualify for free tertiary education. Ah those were the days. Thanks Gough. ) Anyhoo. The only piece of advice I can give you is don't use the communal microwave to heat up fish. Good luck. 😚

Comment

Osaka losing at the French 👍😊. Glorious.

But at least she was like, well spoken, like, you know, about her future plans, like you know......NOT. Idiot.

Comment

Working...
                                X