Slings and Arrows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slings and Arrows

Today, Wednesday January 12, is the day I'd set for being the final day of taking anti-depressants (Sertraline).
    I've been reducing the dosage gradually, 50mg at a time, since September 15, from the 200mg a day I'd been on since 2017 to 50mg from December 1. Each reduction was for a six-week period.
    I was first prescribed anti-depressants in April of 2017 at the lowest dose, 50mg daily, and that had been increased to the maximum daily dosage of 200mg by the end of 2017.
    Not coincidentally, my weight-gain has been commensurate with the use of the drug ever since. I've already noticed I'm finding it easier to moderate my food intake, portion-size, &c., during the last few months of reduced dosage, and regular exercise is becoming, well, regular.
    Now, I just need to get a job to generate income so I don't lose my home....
    Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
    Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

Congrats on what sounds like a positive direction for you at the start of 22. Hope that continues for you and everyone for that matter. Depression is no joke. Good luck with the job search as well!

Comment

Wishes for a good start from me as well, Ash . You are some great guy, it will be good... including that job!

Comment

Keep on smiling Ash. It's never as bad as it seems, nor as good either. Keep plugging away. Enjoy any winter sunshine and your beloved Foxes.

🦊

Comment

Excellent. Great for you!! You are one hell of a well rounded man with a sturdy constitution. Keep the faith. And Smile. 👍👍👍

Comment

I suspect the strange sensations of dizziness and mild vertigo I've been experiencing are due to quitting anti-depressants a few days ago, Wednesday was my last dose. It's not been a big deal, just odd, and I think it was yesterday when I noticed it first.
            If I move suddenly (doesn't happen often these days!), it's like there's a drag, or time-delay, and that's where the sense of vertigo comes from. It's weird, and I know it's short-term so I'm not worried; it's not an unpleasant sensation, but then I'm not required to be anywhere or do much at present.. I've not had any mood-related issues or disrupted sleep, aside from one night.
            So, other than bumping into a wall or door-frame a couple of times, no withdrawal problems from giving up the meds.

Comment

Tomorrow is forecast to be a good day weatherwise: cold but clear and bright so I'm hoping to get out and try and find the secret lake, the ruined house, and the hidden wood I've been told about.
              It just happens to be close to a pub....

Comment

Tomorrow sounds like an interesting day!

Comment

Originally posted by Ash Armstrong View Post
                  Tomorrow is forecast to be a good day weatherwise: cold but clear and bright so I'm hoping to get out and try and find the secret lake, the ruined house, and the hidden wood I've been told about.
                  It just happens to be close to a pub....
                  Were you able to find anything? Other than the pub, that is.
                  "A lot of the heavier conversations I was having with Chris toward the end were about his desire for this thing to go forward. He kept reiterating that to me. [...] He kept telling me, 'No matter what happens, Yes needs to continue moving forward and make great music. So promise me that that's something you want to do.'. And I have to keep making music. It's just what I do. [...] I'm a fan of the band and I want to see it thrive and that means new music." -Billy Sherwood

Comment

Originally posted by downbyariver View Post

Were you able to find anything? Other than the pub, that is.
                    Access was closed off for 'maintainance'. I climbed over the gate anyway, and was confronted by a burly neanderthal on a quad bike telling me it was private land and I was trespassing. A disappointing outcome.

Comment

Access was closed off for 'maintainance'. I climbed over the gate anyway, and was confronted by a burly neanderthal on a quad bike telling me it was private land and I was trespassing. A disappointing outcome.
                      The hidden world or the Pub? 😉. Glad you felt good to go though!!!!

Comment

Today, Wednesday January 12, is the day I'd set for being the final day of taking anti-depressants (Sertraline).
                        I've been reducing the dosage gradually, 50mg at a time, since September 15, from the 200mg a day I'd been on since 2017 to 50mg from December 1. Each reduction was for a six-week period.
                        I was first prescribed anti-depressants in April of 2017 at the lowest dose, 50mg daily, and that had been increased to the maximum daily dosage of 200mg by the end of 2017.
                        Not coincidentally, my weight-gain has been commensurate with the use of the drug ever since. I've already noticed I'm finding it easier to moderate my food intake, portion-size, &c., during the last few months of reduced dosage, and regular exercise is becoming, well, regular.
                        Now, I just need to get a job to generate income so I don't lose my home....

i have been there - no job and its not nice.

What I would say is be true to what you are good at , keep persevering and the right employer will choose you as the right person for the job and for who you are.

Good luck !

Comment

I have an interview for a job coming up next Monday morning, February 7. It'll be done remotely via MS Teams, which I'm familiar with from my previous job. We used it a great deal during lockdown, and it's how I was told I was being made redundant after 21 years.

Positive vibes over it, feeling a bit nervous, but that's normal I guess. As it stands it's a six-month appointment, but the option exists for that to be extended. It pays ok. Academic environment again, dealing with recruitment enquiries. No idea if it'll be on site or working from home. I'd prefer on site.

Wish me luck, or something...

Comment

Cross my fingers and wish good luck, but I am optimistic anyway. If you talk like you write you will get the job So just be you and it will be fine!

Comment

Originally posted by PeterCologne View Post
                              Cross my fingers and wish good luck, but I am optimistic anyway. If you talk like you write you will get the job So just be you and it will be fine!
                              Thank you Peter, very kind of you to say so.

Comment

Working...
                              X