What is the meaning of your Sign in Name?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hammerhead
    Superyesfan
    • Jul 2022

Originally posted by Gilly Goodness

How do you feel about nails? šŸ˜‰
    Everything is a nail! My sisters and I all took swimming lessons from a man who's last name was Naylor which sounds like nailer. I only hated it when my older brother's friends called me "little Hammer."

Comment

• luvyesmusic
      Yes Master
      • Nov 2021

Originally posted by hammerhead

Everything is a nail! My sisters and I all took swimming lessons from a man who's last name was Naylor which sounds like nailer. I only hated it when my older brother's friends called me "little Hammer."
      Could be much worse, couldn't it. Imagine if you were born a girl instead, and ( wait for it ) your folks named you Lilly Hammer. :-)

Comment

• luvyesmusic
        Yes Master
        • Nov 2021

Originally posted by Gilly Goodness

Yes. And we know where you live.
        More importantly we know when he leaves. ;-)
        ā€‹ā€‹ā€‹ā€‹ā€‹ā€‹
        There was a show thread years back. The gentleman said he would be going to the show in his smaller type city. He then proceeded to provide a very detailed map of where he lived, and how close it was to the venue. I p.m.'d him and told him it was a terrible idea to put that out there, and he wisely removed it.

Quite unfortunately another common thing is to put the funeral arrangements, and where the deceased lived in the paper. You better have someone stay at the house during the funeral, because there are literally thousands of folks who would take that as an opportunity to take their time robbing the place, while everyone is out.

Comment

• luvyesmusic
          Yes Master
          • Nov 2021

Originally posted by Mr. Holland
          I don't think mine needs much explanation
          You obviously identify as a Mr. , Arno. :-)

Comment

• hammerhead
            Superyesfan
            • Jul 2022

Originally posted by luvyesmusic

Could be much worse, couldn't it. Imagine if you were born a girl instead, and ( wait for it ) your folks named you Lilly Hammer. :-)
            Jack would have been a worse name. LOL

Mom always wanted a red-haired boy to name Joseph, but after three boys and two girls, they gave up trying. I have no idea where my name came from -- I guess I should ask while my parents are still alive. I do know my oldest brother was given Dad's middle name the middle name of Patrick because he was born on the 17th of March. (My mom is 1/2 Irish.)

Comment

• Oldie on the Goldie
              Superyesfan
              • Apr 2022

I'm an oldie who lives on Australia's Gold Coast - known locally as The Goldie.

Comment

• Ash Armstrong
                Old and grey...
                • Nov 2021

Originally posted by luvyesmusic

You obviously identify as a Mr. , Arno. :-)
                The Flying Dutchman!
                Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
                Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip itā€™s been.

Comment

• HankCPA
                  • Jul 2022

I suppose mine is rather boring and easy to identify. I am a certified public accountant. Sigh! But I am not a typical accountant. I have a personality and am fun at parties. Well, I used to be.......

Comment

• Drone Decipher
                    Diddit
                    • Sep 2022

It's from a Billy Sherwood solo album

Comment

• BillGuitar
                      True Yesfan
                      • Sep 2022

My name is Bill. I have played guitar since 1978. I play entire Yes songs on guitar. Yes - maybe even that one!

Comment

• YESOLA
                        Superyesfan
                        • Nov 2021

Originally posted by Khatrooper
                        All those many years ago on a.m.y and southside, fans used the shorthand of calling themselves a Trooper, or a Generator to show when they became fans or what version of Yes they preferred (or something like that). I started with the CTTE album, and of course it is the best ever, so Iā€™m a Khatrooper (and my profile pic is me in a studio during a session, with Martine, my D-28, all those many years ago).
                        Wow those were the days!

Comment

• pianozach
                          Yes Master
                          • Nov 2021

Originally posted by BillGuitar
                          My name is Bill. I have played guitar since 1978. I play entire Yes songs on guitar. Yes - maybe even that one!
                          My name is Zach. I have played piano since 1967. I'm a professionally employed accompanist. I used to play Mood For A Day on the piano.

Comment

• downbyariver
                            I eat at chez nous
                            • Nov 2021

Ask Steve Howe.
                            "A lot of the heavier conversations I was having with Chris toward the end were about his desire for this thing to go forward. He kept reiterating that to me. [...] He kept telling me, 'No matter what happens, Yes needs to continue moving forward and make great music. So promise me that that's something you want to do.'. And I have to keep making music. It's just what I do. [...] I'm a fan of the band and I want to see it thrive and that means new music." -Billy Sherwood

Comment

• Sharp On Attack
                              Superyesfan
                              • Nov 2021

It's a lesser known gem of a track by Steve Howe of which I am extremely fond...Released in 1988 on the Guitar Speak compilation when Steve was part of the Night of The Guitar project and when I never suspected there would ever be ABWH, Union, Talk etc...

https://www.discogs.com/fr/release/4...s-Guitar-Speak
                              Last edited by Sharp On Attack; 01-10-2023, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Working...