Is it ok....?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it ok....?

Is it ok to be excited about having a new digital alarm clock?
    I hope the anticipation doesn't keep me awake...​
    Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
    Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

I haven't had a dedicated alarm clock in over ten years so I'm going to say it's ok.

Comment

I think it’s ok

current vote:

OK: 2
      not OK: 0

Comment

errr.... i guess, whatever gets you up in the morning
        The Definitive YES Albums

-The Yes Album-Fragile-Close to the Edge-Tales From Topographic Oceans-
        -Relayer-Going for the One-Drama-90125-Big Generator-Union-Talk-
        -The Ladder-Magnification-Fly From Here-The Quest-

Comment

I cant’ afford one…times are hard.

Comment

Enjoy the experience. Every. Single. Day. 😉

Click image for larger version

Name:	rs_500x280-160201163702-Groundhog_Day--Bill_smashes_clock.gif
Views:	138
Size:	506.4 KB
ID:	33894

Comment

Originally posted by Gilly Goodness View Post
              Enjoy the experience. Every. Single. Day. 😉

Click image for larger version

Name:	rs_500x280-160201163702-Groundhog_Day--Bill_smashes_clock.gif
Views:	138
Size:	506.4 KB
ID:	33894

Comment

I don't think we have any clocks in the house any more. I chucked the electronic bedside ones some years ago. I don't even wear a watch any more.

Since I quit working exact time's not quite so important, and I tend to wake p around 7am anyway - way earlier since my anxiety/depression diagnosis.

My smartphone and other gadgets all suffice to tell the time and most have an alarm function inbuilt should I need one.

Comment

It was a successful waking this morning, though I've now turned the alarm volume down to medium.
                  I previously had a clock radio but tuning to a desirable station ( BBC Radio 3) was all-but impossible, so it just buzzed with static, which was very annoying.

Comment

Snooze function? A must!

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkshire Square View Post
                      Snooze function? A must!
                      9 mins. An oddly uneven number but sufficient, and easily located.

Comment

It’s ok to be excited about a new gadget. I’d be more excited about never having to use an alarm clock, as in, being retired (which I will be in a few years). In the meantime, I don’t set an alarm for my regular rising. I can wake up on my own, and I’m old enough to worry that the alarm might give me a heart attack. I only set it if I have to get up extra early.

Comment

I bought an alarm clock when I went to college in 1986 (!). It’s been in almost constant use eversince. Until it became too faulty last summer. The new one is fine, but things just aren’t the same…
                          Last edited by Ceasar’s Palace; 12-21-2022, 08:08 AM.

Comment

I don't want to get into the circumstances right now, but I lost what had been my current alarm clock, it was one of those combo clock radio/CD player thingies, and I'd had it for ten years. The clock always had a tendency to run a bit slow but otherwise it was a champ. I'm going to miss it, and I prefer to keep things forever. Looking for a new one, though right now I'm using a little cheapo which is fine for what it is, grateful to have it.
                            Rabin-esque
                            my labor of love (and obsessive research)
                            rabinesque.blogspot.com

Comment

One of the best Christmas presents I ever received when I was a kid was getting my very own clock radio. I loved that thing, it was the best sounding clock radio I've ever heard. Alas, the mechanical digital clock failed after about 10 years. I kept it as a radio for a couple of years after that, but by then I had a real stereo and didn't need it any more.

These days I have a soulless one that sounds shitty, so I only use the buzzer on the rare days I actually need to get up for appointments.
                              Jeff Tiberius Grey Wolf
                              My hovercraft is full of eels

Comment

Working...
                              X