No announcement yet.

Hearts vs Final Eyes vs Miracle of Life vs I am Waiting

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hearts vs Final Eyes vs Miracle of Life vs I am Waiting

Which is your favourite of these Rabin era tracks?
    Hearts
    63.89%
    Final Eyes
    13.89%
    Miracle of Life
    8.33%
    I am Waiting
    13.89%
    The Definitive YES Albums

-The Yes Album-Fragile-Close to the Edge-Tales From Topographic Oceans-
    -Relayer-Going for the One-Drama-90125-Big Generator-Union-Talk-
    -The Ladder-Magnification-Fly From Here-The Quest-Mirror to the Sky-

Of these four, it’s “Hearts” for me, by a wide margin. For whatever reason, “I Am Waiting” never really clicked for me. IMO the seven-note motif isn’t quite enough to build the song around, and I prefer “Endless Dream,” as a representative of Talk. “Final Eyes” and “Miracle” are both good songs. Thanks for the poll!

Comment

Lift Me Up 😁

Comment

I agree - maybe there are other tunes from the Rabin era that I or others might pick as favorites. But I picked I am Waiting from this group of four. But I could easily have said Hearts as​well. I think Rabin himself had said he did not love Final Eyes and thought it sounded like a Journey song.

Comment

Originally posted by True
          I agree - maybe there are other tunes from the Rabin era that I or others might pick as favorites. But I picked I am Waiting from this group of four. But I could easily have said Hearts as​well. I think Rabin himself had said he did not love Final Eyes and thought it sounded like a Journey song.
          This isn't my favourite set either, just a set that I felt were comparable.
          The Definitive YES Albums

-The Yes Album-Fragile-Close to the Edge-Tales From Topographic Oceans-
          -Relayer-Going for the One-Drama-90125-Big Generator-Union-Talk-
          -The Ladder-Magnification-Fly From Here-The Quest-Mirror to the Sky-

Comment

I actually love Final Eyes, so I may vote that. Hearts is a true Yes song where the ending reminds me of the ending of Awaken(High vibration go on/As we flow down life's river). Miracle Of Life is a fun, golden song. Love I Am Waiting too, but I may tend to place that last.

Comment

I cant vote, those are all pretty equal in my eyes, among my fav Yeswest.

Comment

I feel like "I Am Waiting" doesn't belong in terms of comparisons, though. But I'm not sure what you would replace it with. Voted for "Hearts" because it is the best choice.
                Rabin-esque
                my labor of love (and obsessive research)
                rabinesque.blogspot.com

Comment

Final Eyes by some margin. Even if at the start it sounds like it wants to be Your Move...

Both Hearts and I Am Waiting are too much relying on really just one (good) theme. Miracle Of Life isn't bad, but just never clicked with me.

Comment

Hearts => I am Waiting => Miracle of Life => Final Eyes

Comment

I'd rate all these about the same. Not top tier of course but worth an occasional listen.

Comment

Of those I really like both Hearts and Final Eyes. The other two - meh.

Comment

Is this by length? Because Hearts and Miracle of Life are more like mini epics, and I am Waiting and Final Eyes are more like longer songs.

I don't really like Final Eyes. Somehow it's two songs for me, the verse song, and the chorus song. I like them separately, but not as one unit, lol. A bit alike to Universal Garden, but the latter feels more one composition.

So it's, Hearts, Miracle of Life, I am Waiting and Final Eyes.
                          Symphony
                          Karmachromatic
                          It's only static
                          The key defines the scale we climb
                          To at last perceive we are
                          We are contrast in harmony​

Comment

Originally posted by pjt
                            I don't really like Final Eyes. Somehow it's two songs for me, the verse song, and the chorus song. I like them separately, but not as one unit, lol..
                            That's because it is! One idea of Trevor's and one of Jon's basically frankenstitched together,.
                            Rabin-esque
                            my labor of love (and obsessive research)
                            rabinesque.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by luna65
                              basically frankenstitched together,.
                              Basically, “frankenstitch” is the word of the day.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎