Let Live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let Live

"A lot of the heavier conversations I was having with Chris toward the end were about his desire for this thing to go forward. He kept reiterating that to me. [...] He kept telling me, 'No matter what happens, Yes needs to continue moving forward and make great music. So promise me that that's something you want to do.'. And I have to keep making music. It's just what I do. [...] I'm a fan of the band and I want to see it thrive and that means new music." -Billy Sherwood

Now that's more like it.

"Changing the sky" lyrics, that's a little too far out there me. Nice complete song, great tempo and key changes, driving bass, scorching guitars, hard-driving drums, and I like/love the keyboards.

Thanks for sharing. :-)

Comment

Haven't had time to listen to it. Will do in the next few days.

Comment

Not for me. 'On hold' music.
        Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
        Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

Comment

I like it, but too much processing on Billy's voice again. I can't say I love his production, but a great talent all the same, we are blessed to have him in Yes! This has a dream theater vibe at times which works for me, great musicality, where is Jon Davison here though? 6/10 on first listen.
          The Definitive YES Albums

-The Yes Album-Fragile-Close to the Edge-Tales From Topographic Oceans-
          -Relayer-Going for the One-Drama-90125-Big Generator-Union-Talk-
          -The Ladder-Magnification-Fly From Here-The Quest-

Comment

I don’t like it.

Comment

Very good keyboard and drums centric instrumental segment from 2:39-3:19 with Dave Kerzner and Jay Schellen, respectively.

3:40-4:23 has a lot of quality drumming and guitar from Schellen and Jimmy Haun, with some strong Billy Sherwood vocal parts overtop.

Looking forward to buying the album in November!
              "A lot of the heavier conversations I was having with Chris toward the end were about his desire for this thing to go forward. He kept reiterating that to me. [...] He kept telling me, 'No matter what happens, Yes needs to continue moving forward and make great music. So promise me that that's something you want to do.'. And I have to keep making music. It's just what I do. [...] I'm a fan of the band and I want to see it thrive and that means new music." -Billy Sherwood

Comment

Love Billy, but I don't want new Yesmusic to sound like his solo work.

Comment

Originally posted by downbyariver View Post
                  Very good keyboard and drums centric instrumental segment from 2:39-3:19 with Dave Kerzner and Jay Schellen, respectively.

3:40-4:23 has a lot of quality drumming and guitar from Schellen and Jimmy Haun, with some strong Billy Sherwood vocal parts overtop.

Looking forward to buying the album in November!
                  I agree, strong instrumentally, but I tend to like Billy and Jon harmonizing as opposed to either soloing vocally.

Comment

Working...
                  X