This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Block user?

it doesn’t seem obvious how to do this. I searched for “block” in post titles and text from August 1 to today and got no results. So…

can anyone explain (again) how to block a user?

thanks!

Go to any political thread masquerading as "News". Copy the name of the OP. Click on your own menu at the top of the screen, select User Settings and at the bottom there are more settings. Under that, you can paste the little blighter into the ignore option.

You're welcome! 🤣

Comment

Did it awhile ago. No more tedium. A breath of fresh air. Highly recommended. 😚

Comment

Anyone know how?

Comment

Originally posted by patrickq View Post
          Anyone know how?
          Originally posted by Yorkshire Square View Post
          Go to any political thread masquerading as "News". Copy the name of the OP. Click on your own menu at the top of the screen, select User Settings and at the bottom there are more settings. Under that, you can paste the little blighter into the ignore option.

You're welcome! 🤣

Comment

The highest court in Israel blocked Benjamin Netanyahu from appointing a cabinet minister of his choosing. Clearly this is News. It is also political. Who determines what is News and what is strictly politics.?

Is it the Totalitarian council of censorship? IS IT Big Tech in coordination with the Administrative State?

A breath of fresh air in order to block someone who has different views is straight out of Mao's little red book. A free flow of ideas and thoughts is a necessary ingredient to keep freedom flowing. The attempt to block and ridicule anyone that has different opinions is right out of Mao's little red book.

The last thing ever ever on my mind would be to know how to block anyone.
            Last edited by alex peters; 01-21-2023, 03:45 AM.

Comment

I will give this a spin. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by alex peters View Post
                The attempt to block and ridicule anyone that has different opinions is right out of Mao's little red book.
                No, it's a basic human right to be able to walk away and not listen to some cockwomble.

Similarly if you can be arsed, taking the piss out of the pillock is more than admissible.

In my opinion, only religion is less appropriate than politics on a music forum.

Comment

No, it's a basic human right to be able to walk away and not listen to some cockwomble.

Similarly if you can be arsed, taking the piss out of the pillock is more than admissible.

In my opinion, only religion is less appropriate than politics on a music forum.
                  Let me give you another idea. Just don't push your little pinky down on the cell phone or computer on the threads that are world news or have any little inkling of any political connotations. But, I have no problem with the blocking mechanism. To each their own.

Of course with many the blocking mechanism usually turns into blocking the villain entirely
                  Last edited by alex peters; 01-21-2023, 09:00 AM.

Comment

I will add I cannot count on Jon Anderson's 1000 Hands how many times I see someone wanting to block someone and later on they give a blazing firey retort to a villains post.

In other words the individual makes it public I want to know how to block someone. Of course they could private message the administror on this but no they make it public

In reality they have no interest in blocking this villain. AND in fact they do not block the villain. The public request is just a sleight of hand attempt to influence the administrator to ban the villain..
                    What they want is to ban the villain because "WE do not like his threads and posts"

Comment

The attempt to block and ridicule anyone that has different opinions is right out of Mao's little red book.

I will add I cannot count on Jon Anderson's 1000 Hands how many times I see someone wanting to block someone and later on they give a blazing firey retort to a villains post.

In other words the individual makes it public I want to know how to block someone. Of course they could private message the administror on this but no they make it public

In reality they have no interest in blocking this villain. AND in fact they do not block the villain. The public request is just a sleight of hand attempt to influence the administrator to ban the villain..
                      What they want is to ban the villain because "WE do not like his threads and posts"
                      Personally, I've never blocked or deleted anyone before. Never really felt the need. But more and more people that I know are doing it. Typically it's not so much about censorship or vilifying folks, but rather an attempt to avoid the toxic folks that hide behind 'free speech' to legitimize their spreading of misinformation/disinformation.
                      Last edited by rePete; 01-21-2023, 11:11 AM.

Comment

...to block someone who has different views is straight out of Mao's little red book.
                        But, I have no problem with the blocking mechanism. To each their own.
                        Make your bleeding mind up. Now you're arguing with yourself. 🙄

Comment

Very useful option, except you can still see their posts when they are quoted by other users! But it still it makes reading certain threads less stressful.
                          Jeff Tiberius Grey Wolf
                          My hovercraft is full of eels

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Wolf View Post
                            Very useful option, except you can still see their posts when they are quoted by other users! But it still it makes reading certain threads less stressful.
                            Stressful? Reading a post is stressful? I am glad you were not born in 1920

Comment

Make your bleeding mind up. Now you're arguing with yourself. 🙄
                              No I am not

Comment

Working...
                              X