What happened, yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John Vehadija View Post

I know what you mean, I'm sorry about that, but hope we can all come to terms with the changes for the sake of a more stable future
    Thanks John for all your do. I had trouble as well, because I kept trying newyesfans.com

Might it be an idea to send all members an e-mail that we're now Yesfans.com once more?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Holland View Post

Thanks John for all your do. I had trouble as well, because I kept trying newyesfans.com

Might it be an idea to send all members an e-mail that we're now Yesfans.com once more?
      Hey Arno, I did sent an email I think it worked at least for some members because they wrote back, maybe check your spam folder?
      "We all gotta climb mountains!" - Jon Anderson 2003

Comment

Hey Arno, I did sent an email I think it worked at least for some members because they wrote back, maybe check your spam folder?
        Duh....sorry John. You're right!

Comment

Beautiful! Thank you Gentlemen! This is kinda like Union, without all the session players.

Comment

Originally posted by cjreyes View Post
            Beautiful! Thank you Gentlemen! This is kinda like Union, without all the session players.
            Yes, we got the spinning round stage too

Comment

Great job with the transition so far!

I'm glad that we were able to get the old domain back and keep all the newyesfans threads from the last few months as well.

A few very small technical things:

https://www.yesfans.com loads correctly for me

https://yesfans.com brings up a blank page

https://www.thenewyesfans.com/ generates an unable to connect error message from my browser.

If I can make a suggestion, it might be worth thinking about placing a message and a link back to this site from thenewyesfans.com to catch any stragglers- perhaps people who read the forum with interest but never registered to post and thus wouldn't have gotten the email, people who had the email land in their spam folder, and any kind of visitor traffic that lands there for the first time as the result of seeing one of those threads on a search engine. If somehow every link to any page on that domain redirected to the main page here, it might help maximize the number of people who come back with us, and the number of new people we generate from people happening upon that domain.

As far as the issue with www.yesfans.com yielding this site and yesfans.com not yielding this site, that may just be the new DNS entries not fully caught up with every aspect of the domain change. If that's the issue, they will proplogated and fix themselves automatically soon. However, it may be worth keeping an eye on just in case. Users tend to use the www and non-www options interchangeably these days, and if the forum doesn't load without the www, some could assume it isn't working and give up.

Finally, since Tim and John are getting along so well now, if an old list of email addresses exists for the original yesfans.com, perhaps Tim could get it to John so he can invite anyone who missed us over on newyesfans.com or who maybe weren't interested in that because it was new but would be interested now that it's back over here.

None of these are big deals, though. .

I'm just happy that the message forum is continuing on.
              Last edited by downbyariver; 07-01-2022, 12:13 AM.
              "A lot of the heavier conversations I was having with Chris toward the end were about his desire for this thing to go forward. He kept reiterating that to me. [...] He kept telling me, 'No matter what happens, Yes needs to continue moving forward and make great music. So promise me that that's something you want to do.'. And I have to keep making music. It's just what I do. [...] I'm a fan of the band and I want to see it thrive and that means new music." -Billy Sherwood

Comment

Many thanks for the email alert - glad the site is still here!!
                "All that dies dies for a reason - To put its strength into the season."

Comment

I thought to just forward www.thenewyesfans.com to www.yesfans.com instead of using a different page

Might take a few days till things work properly, now this works for me, after I cleared the history

As for the yesfans.com vs www.yesfans.com seems to be a limitation of the Bulletin software due to using CNAME as the DNS connection method

Not sure I can do much about that, but I'm waiting to hear from customer support

Comment

I thought to just forward www.thenewyesfans.com to www.yesfans.com instead of using a different page

Might take a few days till things work properly, now this works for me, after I cleared the history

As for the yesfans.com vs www.yesfans.com seems to be a limitation of the Bulletin software due to using CNAME as the DNS connection method

Not sure I can do much about that, but I'm waiting to hear from customer support
                    It works for me perfectly. Thanks!

Comment

Your solution sounds just as good or even better than my solution.

Sounds like you have things well in hand.
                      "A lot of the heavier conversations I was having with Chris toward the end were about his desire for this thing to go forward. He kept reiterating that to me. [...] He kept telling me, 'No matter what happens, Yes needs to continue moving forward and make great music. So promise me that that's something you want to do.'. And I have to keep making music. It's just what I do. [...] I'm a fan of the band and I want to see it thrive and that means new music." -Billy Sherwood

Comment

Originally posted by downbyariver View Post
                        Great job with the transition so far!

I'm glad that we were able to get the old domain back and keep all the newyesfans threads from the last few months as well.

A few very small technical things:

https://www.yesfans.com loads correctly for me

https://yesfans.com brings up a blank page

https://www.thenewyesfans.com/ generates an unable to connect error message from my browser.

If I can make a suggestion, it might be worth thinking about placing a message and a link back to this site from thenewyesfans.com to catch any stragglers- perhaps people who read the forum with interest but never registered to post and thus wouldn't have gotten the email, people who had the email land in their spam folder, and any kind of visitor traffic that lands there for the first time as the result of seeing one of those threads on a search engine. If somehow every link to any page on that domain redirected to the main page here, it might help maximize the number of people who come back with us, and the number of new people we generate from people happening upon that domain.

As far as the issue with www.yesfans.com yielding this site and yesfans.com not yielding this site, that may just be the new DNS entries not fully caught up with every aspect of the domain change. If that's the issue, they will proplogated and fix themselves automatically soon. However, it may be worth keeping an eye on just in case. Users tend to use the www and non-www options interchangeably these days, and if the forum doesn't load without the www, some could assume it isn't working and give up.

Finally, since Tim and John are getting along so well now, if an old list of email addresses exists for the original yesfans.com, perhaps Tim could get it to John so he can invite anyone who missed us over on newyesfans.com or who maybe weren't interested in that because it was new but would be interested now that it's back over here.

None of these are big deals, though. .

I'm just happy that the message forum is continuing on.
                        I do not have any email list but I have hit some FB pages with MANY members on it that should also be old YF folks. Id think a few will make it here sooner or later. I have also resubmitted the site to some web crawler submission sites that will eventually hit this site in the coming weeks and longer that should put it on the map a bit better again.
                        I realize some out there don't care for me and prob think I have a hand in this site. I DO NOT. I am a member like all you others. I may have some insight time to time for John to look into but outside that I have no hand in running the site, moderating, nothing.

Comment

I know what you mean, I'm sorry about that, but hope we can all come to terms with the changes for the sake of a more stable future
                          I'm trying again today. It works good in Firefox, I had no problems logging in, setting up a new bookmark, and looking around. Chrome, on the other hand, isn't. Not sure what's up, but that's what I have on my phone too besides my laptop. I have been using my phone because my DSL is down again. 🙁

But thanks John, I know the old URL should hopefully help new and old posters to the site.
                          Jeff Tiberius Grey Wolf
                          My hovercraft is full of eels

Comment

I am able to get on using yesfans.com or www.yesfans.com now.

Comment

Working...
                            X