Revolver remix!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Revolver remix!

I've got this coming at the end of the month.
    Producer Giles Martin has used artificial intelligence to pull apart and reconstruct the group's seventh album.
    Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
    Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

Originally posted by Ash Armstrong View Post
    I've got this coming at the end of the month.
    I always figured that they'd eventually be able to separate those elements that were recorded together.

I'm not sure I like Giles' remixes; he seems to love mixes where instruments and vocals are placed in the listening field in rather predictable 21st Century patterns. One of the things I loved about the original stereo mixes were the quirkiness of where the instruments and vocals might be in the L/R spectrum.

Take Nowhere Man, for instance, although that was Giles' dad George that remixed it. Originally the vocals were on one channel, and the instruments on the other. The 1999 Yellow Submarine Songtrack album placed the vocals center and the instruments in a predictable spread.

Comment

Originally posted by pianozach View Post

I always figured that they'd eventually be able to separate those elements that were recorded together.

I'm not sure I like Giles' remixes; he seems to love mixes where instruments and vocals are placed in the listening field in rather predictable 21st Century patterns. One of the things I loved about the original stereo mixes were the quirkiness of where the instruments and vocals might be in the L/R spectrum.

Take Nowhere Man, for instance, although that was Giles' dad George that remixed it. Originally the vocals were on one channel, and the instruments on the other. The 1999 Yellow Submarine Songtrack album placed the vocals center and the instruments in a predictable spread.
      After a lifetime of knowing the mixes it's a bit startling to hear Beatle songs mixed in the modern fashion. But I've always assumed it was intended as a way of updating their work to appeal to ears that are used to hearing bass/drums and vocals sitting center in the mix. I can enjoy the new mixes initially, however my brain is always trying to "un-mix" the sound I'm hearing back to the original positioning. But I must say I do appreciate the overall clarity and depth of most of the remixes.
      Last edited by Yesjim; 10-24-2022, 10:49 AM.

Comment

New details tease out songs’ deeper meanings and reveal their transformational journeys in this expanded, remixed and remastered album
        Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
        Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

Comment

Working...
        X