Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Get Back tv series on Disney+

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    I’m speaking from an NHL fan viewpoint. Sorry for the confusion.

    Comment


      #17
      ESPN. Racist.

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by Gtkgasman View Post

        Screw Disney and Espn for what they have done. Racist.
        What did they do?

        Comment


          #19
          It’s very simple. Nba. Free. Nhl. Pay.

          Comment


            #20
            I loved every minute of the 3-part Get Back, and would happily snap up an extended edition of Peter Jackson decides to make one! Granted I'm a certified Beatles-freak, but also enjoy any behind-the-scenes look into songwriting/recording.

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by Gtkgasman View Post

              Screw Disney and Espn for what they have done. Racist.
              Racist against felines? Get a trial and cancel after a month.

              Comment


                #22
                That’s Not really the point.

                But. Anyhow I shouldn’t have put my Disney/espn getting the nhl contract issue in this thread. It’s a subject better suited on its own. And prob not in YesFans.

                Comment


                  #23
                  Took me about a week to get through all of it, best to just watch in 1-2 hour blocks, because there is so much footage. Unless you are at least a big enough fan to know where this period fits in the Beatles Timeline, you might not get that much out of it. For me this is a snapshot into a period of Beatles history that has never been really revealed before, especially at the depths to which this series goes. The most awesome thing for me is what he's been able to do with the sound and video quality. My perspective on the whole period is to view it as essentially the early sessions for Abbey Road, because the early songwriting and demos for Abbey Road all happened during these sessions. But since they were preparing for a live show, and needed simpler songs which could be easily played live, we ended up getting the lesser songs like "Two of Us" and "I Dig a Pony", and a lot of jams and throwaways like "Dig It" and "Maggie May".

                  It's interesting to speculate, if "Let it Be" had remained as early sessions for "Abbey Road" if any of them would have made the album.

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by carlmarx38 View Post
                    Took me about a week to get through all of it, best to just watch in 1-2 hour blocks, because there is so much footage. Unless you are at least a big enough fan to know where this period fits in the Beatles Timeline, you might not get that much out of it. For me this is a snapshot into a period of Beatles history that has never been really revealed before, especially at the depths to which this series goes. The most awesome thing for me is what he's been able to do with the sound and video quality. My perspective on the whole period is to view it as essentially the early sessions for Abbey Road, because the early songwriting and demos for Abbey Road all happened during these sessions. But since they were preparing for a live show, and needed simpler songs which could be easily played live, we ended up getting the lesser songs like "Two of Us" and "I Dig a Pony", and a lot of jams and throwaways like "Dig It" and "Maggie May".

                    It's interesting to speculate, if "Let it Be" had remained as early sessions for "Abbey Road" if any of them would have made the album.
                    Interesting thought. Though for me the lesser songs would be I’ve Got A Feeling, For You Blue and One After 909....

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Most of those so-called lesser songs, I like.

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Worth the 9 hours and $16 I devoted to it.

                        Comment


                          #27
                          It's quite long, but I feel it's worth it.

                          It's interesting to hear the genesis of so many songs that end up on Abbey Road too.

                          Comment


                            #28
                            I really enjoy the way this series humanizes The Beatles and brings them down to Earth. Anybody who has ever been in or around rock bands will instantly recognize the aimless dicking around you see, but, of course, things get better, more refined and the end result is some timeless music.
                            “Well ain’t life grand when you finally hit it?”-David Lee Roth

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Originally posted by Frumious B View Post
                              I really enjoy the way this series humanizes The Beatles and brings them down to Earth. Anybody who has ever been in or around rock bands will instantly recognize the aimless dicking around you see, but, of course, things get better, more refined and the end result is some timeless music.
                              True. I’ve heard comments saying, wow this is great, how would the rest of the 50 hours of footage be?
                              Trust me, the rest is probably very boring. Peter Jackson has picked all the interesting bits out. That was his job.
                              And it appears he did a great job.

                              Comment


                                #30


                                Get Back Rooftop, Director's Cut

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X