Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Dragon Rises Again...

Like a phoenix. You know what I mean.

Geoff via twitter has announced a 40th anniversary US summer /ASIA\ tour with Carl, Billy and guitarist Marc Bonilla. (Keep it together, ladies!)

So how many 40 year old virgins are gonna check them out? New album? More announcements to come.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Gilly Goodness; 01-27-2022, 01:34 PM.

Marc Bonilla?

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkshire Square View Post
      Marc Bonilla?

Who is this young punk?

A 66 year old dude from California. Wikipedia outlays quite a storied and diverse career. Played in the Keith Emerson Band and California Transit Authority ( some kind of Chicago Tribune band ?)
      Last edited by Gilly Goodness; 01-27-2022, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Marc is going to be taking the reigns in the lead vocal department, I just read.

Will have to find out more! I want to go, but we'll have to see how friendly certainly places are for people not on their sixth boaster by then. ;-)
        Last edited by luvyesmusic; 01-27-2022, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilly Goodness View Post
          Who is this young punk?

A 66 year old dude from California. Wikipedia outlays quite a storied and diverse career. Played in the Keith Emerson Band and California Transit Authority ( some kind of Chicago Tribune band ?)
          Most importantly, he played with Kevin Gilbert.
          Rabin-esque
          my labor of love (and obsessive research)
          rabinesque.blogspot.com

Comment

I saw Bonilla with Keith Emerson's band in 2006 - he's a great guitarist & vocalist. CTA was founded by Chicago's original drummer, Danny Seraphine.
            Ron (Bumblefoot) Thal noted that he had prior commitments with Sons of Apollo, so was not available for the planned summer tour with Asia.

Comment

Don't really see the point of this with John gone.

Comment

this was obvious, 40 years since the debut and all- I hope for ASIA fans they do release a new album! Shame Bumblefoot couldn't have been involved, he seemed to work well.
                The Definitive YES Albums

-The Yes Album-Fragile-Close to the Edge-Tales From Topographic Oceans-
                -Relayer-Going for the One-Drama-90125-Big Generator-Union-Talk-
                -The Ladder-Magnification-Fly From Here-The Quest-

Comment

Originally posted by Gilly Goodness View Post

So how many 40 year old virgins are gonna check them out? .

Funny you mention that......................because I Lost my virginity the night I saw ASIA in 1982 (seriousl;y !).....

(for those who haven't seen the movie..........FF to 3:30 in above clip 😀 )

Comment

And if memory serves he chases after her on a push bike with actual song blasting away.

Btw . Fun losing-cherry story. Oh those wild,hot rockin' nights....hehehe..Hoistin' young ladies up on your shoulders at gigs, even after busting knee in rugby match, earlier in the day. Was Cold Chisel. Was worth it.

Comment

Working...
                    X