New Bush Album: The Art of Survival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Bush Album: The Art of Survival

The world's first post-grunge band (Very literally- as best as anyone can tell, it was in a press review of their first album way back when that the term "post-grunge" was first used in print. They also played Woodstock 1999 as the main act on night one- which is another sort of touchstone people might know them for even if they don't know them.) is back with another high quality release, The Art of Survival, which sounds as if, if not for some references to current(ish) events (Which were also a plus), it could have come out in the 90s, which is a good thing for a band of this age playing this type of music.

Some heavy stuff both musically and at times thematically.

My early favorite songs on the album are "Heavy is the Ocean", "More Than Machines", and "May Your Love Be Pure" (In no particular order).

Anyone else have some favorite tracks from the album?

I have all their studio albums.

I know this is pretty far afield from Yes in terms of musical style, but that's why these general rock sub-forums are here. . Bush is from England, so maybe the forum's transatlantic audience will mean there are a few more interested posters than one would expect.
    "A lot of the heavier conversations I was having with Chris toward the end were about his desire for this thing to go forward. He kept reiterating that to me. [...] He kept telling me, 'No matter what happens, Yes needs to continue moving forward and make great music. So promise me that that's something you want to do.'. And I have to keep making music. It's just what I do. [...] I'm a fan of the band and I want to see it thrive and that means new music." -Billy Sherwood

This is Jeb Bush? Or George P.?

Comment

Originally posted by downbyariver View Post
      it could have come out in the 90s, which is a good thing for a band of this age playing this type of music.
      That's the same thing I said about Soundgarden's King Animal when it came out in 2012.
      Rabin-esque
      my labor of love (and obsessive research)
      rabinesque.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by patrickq View Post
        These guys (No relation):

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bush_(British_band)
        "A lot of the heavier conversations I was having with Chris toward the end were about his desire for this thing to go forward. He kept reiterating that to me. [...] He kept telling me, 'No matter what happens, Yes needs to continue moving forward and make great music. So promise me that that's something you want to do.'. And I have to keep making music. It's just what I do. [...] I'm a fan of the band and I want to see it thrive and that means new music." -Billy Sherwood

Comment

Originally posted by luna65 View Post

That's the same thing I said about Soundgarden's King Animal when it came out in 2012.
          That was a good one, too. It's unfortunate that we are unlikely to see a followup, apart from the possibility that the band might be allowed to finish some of the music they had begun with Cornell prior to his death, if they can work it out with his widow.

Comment

Originally posted by patrickq View Post
            Originally posted by downbyariver View Post
            🙃

Comment

Working...
            X