Blue Öyster Cult

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blue Öyster Cult

Not long back in from seeing BÖC at De Montfort Hall, Leicester, only 44 years after the last time I saw them there, on the Spectres tour in June 1978. A great night! Terrific seeing and hearing Buck Dharma, Eric Bloom and Ritchie Castellano rip through a set of ballsy classic rock 'n' roll.
    Here's some pics:
    Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
    Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

Comment

Originally posted by Ash Armstrong View Post
      Not long back in from seeing BÖC at De Montfort Hall, Leicester, only 44 years after the last time I saw them there, on the Spectres tour in June 1978. A great night! Terrific seeing and hearing Buck Dharma, Eric Bloom and Ritchie Castellano rip through a set of ballsy classic rock 'n' roll.
      Here's some pics:
      Ash,
      Great to hear you enjoyed the show! Here in the states BOC are almost constantly on the road, especially East Coast/Mid West. I've been lucky to see them at least 7 times in last 3 years and have lost count dating back to '80. They always put on a great show.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Frothingslosh View Post

Ash,
        Great to hear you enjoyed the show! Here in the states BOC are almost constantly on the road, especially East Coast/Mid West. I've been lucky to see them at least 7 times in last 3 years and have lost count dating back to '80. They always put on a great show.
        Had the tickets for two and half years. I'd completely forgotten till a mate told me last week! It was also my first rock show since Steve Hackett in November 2019. Got a few more coming up in the next few months though, and a lot of classical concerts and a couple of operas.
        BÖC are over here headlining two or three shows, then set out on tour as support with Deep Purple.

Comment

I saw BÖC a few years before the pandemic started and they put on a really great show. They have so much good material that even a generous set list will leave out some fan favorites. I also feel like they probably don't get as much respect from the critical community as they deserve.
          Last edited by Olorin; 12-15-2022, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Olorin View Post
            I saw BÖC a few years before the pandemic started and they put on a really great show. They have so much good material that even a generous set list will live out some fan favorites. I also feel like they probably don't get as much respect from the critical community as they deserve.
            Definitely the case!

Comment

The Daily Doug does Blue Öyster Cult!

Secret Treaties is part of a run of superb albums from the 70s. I saw them live whenever I could when they came over to the UK, most recently just last month! My first BÖC gig was 1978, the Spectres Tour. They had to make lots of artistic compromises in the 80s, as Doug adumbrates, and consequently their creativity suffered. I'm much less keen on Imaginos the album than on their 70s/early 80s output, as I am less keen on much of the 80s rock music and the '80s sound', overly-commercisl production values I guess it is. Great song though, but I prefer it from the 70s

Last edited by Ash Armstrong; 12-15-2022, 12:17 AM.

Comment

Secret Treaties was one of my favorite albums. I went to a show during that tour, and it was great. During that time, I listened almost exclusively to British bands, but I made an exception for BOC.

Comment

Working...
                X