Ozzy and Iommi play "Paranoid" at Common Wealth closing ceremony

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ozzy and Iommi play "Paranoid" at Common Wealth closing ceremony

BLACK SABBATH singer Ozzy Osbourne and guitarist Tony Iommi reunited earlier today (Monday, August 8) in their original hometown of Birmingham, England to perform the band's classic song "Paranoid" — preceded by a truncated version of "Iron Man" — at the closing of the city's Commonwealth Games. They were joined by two musicians from the band's final tour, Adam Wakeman, who played bass and keyboards, and drummer Tommy Clufetos.

I have to say that after all the health issues Ozzy has been going through lately, and even though the song is transponed ( but that was the case on the last Sabbath tours as well), he sings remarkably well here.

He did - good to see Oz back on stage !

Comment

He did sing surprisingly well! Should've been a bit higher in the mix, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Holland View Post
        BLACK SABBATH singer Ozzy Osbourne and guitarist Tony Iommi reunited earlier today (Monday, August 8) in their original hometown of Birmingham, England to perform the band's classic song "Paranoid" — preceded by a truncated version of "Iron Man" — at the closing of the city's Commonwealth Games. They were joined by two musicians from the band's final tour, Adam Wakeman, who played bass and keyboards, and drummer Tommy Clufetos.
        To be picky, I think Adam just played bass.

Comment

That's a nice performance, sounded very good! Nice to see they let Adam step onto the stage instead of playing behind the curtain.

Comment

When he stole the show at the Commonwealth Games, fans were delighted to see the Prince of Darkness back. Here, Ozzy Osbourne pours out his soul about overcoming illness, coming home – and why he owes it all to Sharon
            Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
            Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

Comment

Working...
            X