Porcupine Tree - Closure/Continuation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Porcupine Tree - Closure/Continuation

Is anyone looking forward to Porcupine Tree's upcoming reunion album Closure/Continuation?

Personally, I haven't really enjoyed anything Wilson has done since 2016, but I'm cautiously optimistic based on the recent single.

I'm a bit hopeful. I have a rather patchy selection of Porcupine Tree / Steven Wilson tracks. I'm hoping to be able to add a couple more to those.

Comment

I didn't particularly enjoy the new song, but I'm willing to give the new album a listen.
      Rabin-esque
      my labor of love (and obsessive research)
      rabinesque.blogspot.com

Comment

The cult prog band fizzled out in 2010 when leader Steven Wilson lost interest – but never thought to tell his bandmates. What’s brought the trio back together? And is this closure or a fresh start?
        Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
        Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

Comment

Listening to "Of The New Day" - I think I like it somewhat better than "Harridan" but it reminds me why I've never really been a PT/SW fan. There's just something about his voice I don't like.
          Rabin-esque
          my labor of love (and obsessive research)
          rabinesque.blogspot.com

Comment

I've enjoyed all tracks released so far. But the latest one, 'Rats Return' is the best in my opinion. Can't wait to see them in November (even though its at Wembley)

Comment

I was never a big PT fan. I did like some songs, but I prefer Wilson’s solo albums, even if I was very disappointed by The Future Bites. I will listen to the new album for sure. After 12 years, this is an event.

Comment

In a national Dutch newspaper the new album got five stars (out of five).

Comment

It's on my shopping list for payday next week, along with Peter Jackson's Get Back BluRay.
                  Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
                  Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

Comment

For those who might be interested there is an MP3 or FLAC download of all the tracks including the 3 bonus, the instrumental mixes and artwork for the bargain price of £4.99 for a limited period -
                    Porcupine Tree - Closure / Continuation - Porcupine Tree - Closure / Continuation Deluxe Digital Album (tmstor.es)

Comment

I was kinda ambivalent about the album, the singles were good, but didn't really catch me. But now I've listened to the album a couple of times and on every listen I love it more and more.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve983 View Post
                        For those who might be interested there is an MP3 or FLAC download of all the tracks including the 3 bonus, the instrumental mixes and artwork for the bargain price of £4.99 for a limited period -
                        Porcupine Tree - Closure / Continuation - Porcupine Tree - Closure / Continuation Deluxe Digital Album (tmstor.es)
                        Thanks very much for posting this link. I bought it. I doubt I'd have gone for it at the price I've seen it for elsewhere, though I may well have downloaded a few tracks.

So far I am enjoying it - mostly for the effect of the harmonies and the general Porcupine Tree sound. It will take me a bit longer to absorb the album, but I'm confident I will end up liking a lot of it. (I have yet to listen to the instrumental versions. That will happen once I am more familiar with the original songs.)

So thanks again for the link! It has made me happy.

Comment

I like their early stuff much better. Once they started to get heavy , I think they became more one dimensional. I also am not convinced by Wilson as a singer nor as a guitar player - as regards the latter , he just seems to strum. If you compare him to the deftness of Howe for example ……

Comment

Definitely looking forward to this album. After hearing this first release, I think its going to be really good. Held my attention straight through on the first listen, whether that's good or bad . Wilson's expected great production doesnt hurt. Im a big fan of his first album, and most PT albums, so Im not hard to please regarding the band.

Comment

Working...
                            X