Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Verdict on new Big Big Train lead singer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Verdict on new Big Big Train lead singer?

His name is Alberto Bravin. Has played for PFM. Has a soarin',soulful voice. Less husky than Longdon's. Very smooth, soulful. Has a nice raspy quality when he leans back on long notes. Doesn't play flute as far as I know.
    Here is an old song Snowfalls. Timely for UK.

So. What's the verdict? Can he cut the mustard?

Click image for larger version

Name:	images.jpeg-369.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	33196

Last edited by Gilly Goodness; 12-11-2022, 02:23 PM.

He is not a David Longdon clone and that's a good thing. He makes the song his own and it works. I think he sounds very good.

Comment

Yeah. He's a talented mult-instrumentalist.

Catchin' up on all this BBT. A band from the early 90's. Started by the bass player and the guitarist. Revolvin' singers. Loads of EP's. Albums. They find Longdon. A teacher? Part time muso well in his 30's. They find their groove. Big albums. Gigs. Prog awards .
      Fans are called passengers. (Why are YES fans not called "positives"?)

Longdon falls down his own staircase one night and dies. As Bill Bryson noted in his book about The House, it is tragically too common.

So about to tour USA and do the CruiseToTheEdge. Will be interestin' to see how they go.

Comment

Way too soon to even begin to formulate any kind of judgement, and I don't really want to do that anyway.
        Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see.
        Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

Comment

First impressions? 😉

Comment

I believe I got to experience his singing and playing some years back at ROSfest. Their set was good/great. The old man made me cry when he explained “Music is music.” Right on, brother!

If he wasn’t talented/good, and didn’t make a good impression with his personality and being himself, he would have never been offered the gig. Going on the road with a guy who knows his pasta can’t be a bad thing, either.

Comment

Working...
            X