Song of Times by Starcastle (2007)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Song of Times by Starcastle (2007)

This is the beautiful sounding title track from Starcastle's 2007 comeback album, Song of Times.

I still listen to it. In fact, the song coming up on shuffle is what prompted me to start a thread.

Though they did play some live dates after the release of this album (At least one of them notably featuring Oliver Wakeman on keyboards!), and there have been announced attempts to try to put our another new studio album with various configurations of players over the years, nothing has really panned out (Unless you count releases of old demos from the 80s), which is unfortunate because Song of Times is really rather good.
    Last edited by downbyariver; 08-22-2022, 08:23 AM.
    "A lot of the heavier conversations I was having with Chris toward the end were about his desire for this thing to go forward. He kept reiterating that to me. [...] He kept telling me, 'No matter what happens, Yes needs to continue moving forward and make great music. So promise me that that's something you want to do.'. And I have to keep making music. It's just what I do. [...] I'm a fan of the band and I want to see it thrive and that means new music." -Billy Sherwood

This was a nice return for Starcastle, just as you mentioned could not get any momentum. I still go back to their 2nd release Fountains of Light from 77 quite often.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2tO...ywdJCCHTUlLXD0

Comment

I listened to Song Of Times about a month ago when I was on a Starcastle kick. Had it for a number of years but didn't grab me when I first got it, but this time I got a new ear for it and found it quite good. Now I quite like it a lot. That title track, plus Babylon, All For The Thunder, Faces Of Change - all great. But yeah, momentum was lost, and they haven't put anything out since except a download-only archive demo album called 'Alchemy'. And there isn't anyone left from the original band - kinda like that band they were influenced by, you know the one...

I have a soft spot for Starcastle, those first three albums were good, cozy laid back fun. Summer stuff, orangey sky in the evening music. Too bad they're not active today. I'm sure Frontiers records or Insideout Music would be happy to sign them up. Another album from them would be nice.

Comment

Working...
      X